Your judgement day defense strageity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2014, 10:08 AM
RE: Your judgement day defense strageity?
Do you think the religious posters on here are secretly disappointed in the answers that they get from this forum? Think about it, they imagine posing a question that will fill us with the same dread that they have. Questions such as, what would you do if it was all real?

Instead of answers like 'beg for forgiveness' and 'scream out Oh My God I am sorry I was wrong', they get replies they probably never thought of such as 'spit in the face of God' and 'ask for explanations' or asking 'which god are you?'.

Do the religious posters then assume that we are bluffing because they can't imagine thinking any other way?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
03-02-2014, 10:08 AM
What is yours? As you say, if there's sin your god will find it, and you're committing the sin of pride right here, with a very subtle and pious mask on, but you know you came here looking for sawdust specks, as you people say.

Now go tell your shit to a drunk pedophile or whatever you people do to feel righteous these days.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
03-02-2014, 10:11 AM
(03-02-2014 09:50 AM)Drich Wrote:  Actually there is no guess involved.

Sure there is. It's just that you can't think your way out of a paper bag.

Quote: IF The God of the bible is the God of our Judgement...

Begging the Question Fallacy. You haven't demonstrated, by extraordinary evidence, your extraordinary claim that ANY "gods" exist whatsoever. And your fairy tale book is just a fairy tale book.

Quote: then we can go to Him with confidence and be welcomed in. If not we are all screwed anyway, so why not turn into it and embrace Hell?

Nor have you demonstrated that this "hell" exists.

Quote:Your life will not condmen you, it is your sin. all you need is one. I'm sure Christ will find that one. If He does and you have not accepted the attonement He offed you in this life you may be in alot of trouble.

*condemn

*atonement

*offered

* a lot

[Image: __grammatik_macht_frei___wallpaper_by_un...4h0y15.jpg]

Nor have you demonstrated that this "christ" thing exists. You can't go speculating and droning on about the characteristics, behaviors, or thoughts of something you haven't shown to exist.

Quote: If Atheist are right then nothing really matters and we should look to die now.

Funny, Buddhist nutjobs who believe in karma and reincarnation say the same thing about disbelief in THEIR stupid bullshit superstitions. Hobo

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
03-02-2014, 10:11 AM
If most of the good and smart people are going to hell, show me the way!

In all seriousness though, if I died and there was a god, I'd say you go to hell!

How cliche to have infinite power, just to make lesser beings worship you? I'd much rather burn in hell than worship some slave master who really just created us humans to worship him. If that would be the case, then life would truly be meaningless.

I'd also tell him that not many people who believed he existed genuinely love and appreciate him. He's a coercive monster if he gives incentive to believe in him via avoidance of hell ergo propelling a threat. If I wanted someone to love me, I wouldn't hold a gun to their head and say, "or else".

Anyway, I'd end off by telling this god that I'm far more moral than he could ever hope to be as I'm willing to take the high ground and go to hell, rather than bow and be an obedient slave to a fascist! I'd also tell my family that it'd take some sick bastards to enjoy Heaven while people are burning in agonizing pain in Hell, most of the people for simply not believing in some egotistical insecure god who sent them there merely for the ''crime'' of not giving him his ''worthy'' acknowledgement, despite them being genuinely well-meaning people.

Everyday is judgement day. Use your judgement, use reason.
[+] 1 user Likes Freethought's post
03-02-2014, 10:16 AM
For the rest.. Most of your answers were covered in the OP// (Especiallly the long drawn out rants.)

So lets look at the excuses i posted in the OP and see why they fail.
Quote:You gave me no proof.
Because many of you never asked God for proof in the way you have been instructed to approach him.

Quote:You should have done miricals in my time..
Mircals are not 'proof' of anything. If you have a hard heart you would just explain them away as the pharisees did. Many if not all of them witnessed the mircals of Christ first hand but this was not enough for them, because their hearts were looking to serve their own desires and not God. What makes you think this would change for you?

Quote:Will you try and turn things on God and put Him on the defensive?

Why do kids get cancer
Because we live in a fallen world. God gave this world to us and we promptly handed it over to satan. He is the ruler of this world as we are slaves to the very sin he is master of.

Quote:Why do babies in Africa get aids or starve to death etc..
Because people in wealthy nations would rather throw food away than to go through the trouble of sending where it is needed.

Quote:Or will you say you were a good and moral man?
Christ tells us there is no such thing. (a good and Moral man)
There is man's morality, which is always based off the lessor of two evils, and as such is not really a true standard. The Standard in which we are judged is refered to as righteousness or God's Righteousness. This Righteousness has been manifest through God's law.

Quote:Or will you be judged and go with what Christ decides?
Anyone who did not select this option is not comfortable in what they believe. even the mighty richard dawkins.
[+] 2 users Like Drich's post
03-02-2014, 10:19 AM
"Everyone is a barbarian to someone", as they used to say.

"Everyone's condemned by someone's religion", would be equally apt.

If we remain with strict interpretations, they rapidly become mutually exclusive; "the God of the Bible" is ten thousand different things to ten thousand different sects and schismatics.

Having already lived a life in any case, in such a lazy scenario, it is by definition too late to make a difference.

I fail to see the point of such an exercise?

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
03-02-2014, 10:19 AM
(03-02-2014 09:44 AM)Drich Wrote:  ...
atonement per the merrium webster dictionary:
2: the reconciliation of God and humankind through the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ
3: reparation for an offense or injury : satisfaction

Got some bad new on that one. The Devil does not rule Hell he is punished there like everyone else there. This world this life is the cloest thing Satan has to a Kingdom.

That is how he is able to offer it to Christ durning His 40 days in the desert.

There can be only one response to that...
[Image: 403162_10150613644143465_129446698464_11...4237_n.jpg]

I bet you laughed as much typing your reply as I did reading it.

Only surprised that there wasn't a bible quote to round it off.

Rolleyes

You can invent your supernatural, post-mortem eternity and so can I.

You can keep your brand of slavery. I'll take the hookers and drugs.

Deal?

Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
03-02-2014, 10:20 AM
[Image: rsz_1meddlingkids_1686_zpsb1359372.jpg?t=1391357929]

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post
03-02-2014, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2014 10:26 AM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(03-02-2014 10:01 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 09:49 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You don't get a choice in the matter. That god in whose eye you spit will send you to his own hell forever and ever and ever amen, and you have no say at all, and you just destroyed your own stupid fucking assertion so fuck you.

Drinking Beverage

If there is a judgement, there is an oppertunity to stand before the Judge..

*opportunity. I see you STILL, after all these years, have failed to take even an elementary spelling or grammar course.

You haven't demonstrated that there is such a thing as this "judgement", or of a "judge". However, as has been pointed out to you (and you are unsuccessfully squirming away in a failed attempt to dodge), other religions claim the same sort of bullshit "judgment" as you do.

And with Hinduism and superstitious forms of Buddhism, there is no "judge" to "spit in the eye of".

Quote:So tell me again, what's to stop me from spitting in the eye of thor, allah or whomever?

When you die and your karma automatically kicks in, and you are automatically and without the need for any sort of "agent" ("judge" downgraded from your present state as an intestinal parasite surviving by eating the shit of another animal to abacterium that lives in the intestine of ANOTHER intestinal parasite, surviving eating the shit of an organism that survives by eating the shit of another animal, there will be no "oppertoonity" to "spit in the eye" of your karma.

"You may not believe in karma and reincarnation now, but you will in your next life."

Checkmate, fucking idiot theotard.

(03-02-2014 10:16 AM)Drich Wrote:  For the rest.. Most of your answers were covered in the OP// (Especiallly the long drawn out rants.)

So lets look at the excuses i posted in the OP and see why they fail.
Quote:You gave me no proof.
Because many of you never asked God for proof in the way you have been instructed to approach him.

Quote:You should have done miricals in my time..
Mircals are not 'proof' of anything. If you have a hard heart you would just explain them away as the pharisees did. Many if not all of them witnessed the mircals of Christ first hand but this was not enough for them, because their hearts were looking to serve their own desires and not God. What makes you think this would change for you?

Quote:Will you try and turn things on God and put Him on the defensive?

Why do kids get cancer
Because we live in a fallen world. God gave this world to us and we promptly handed it over to satan. He is the ruler of this world as we are slaves to the very sin he is master of.

Quote:Why do babies in Africa get aids or starve to death etc..
Because people in wealthy nations would rather throw food away than to go through the trouble of sending where it is needed.

Quote:Or will you say you were a good and moral man?
Christ tells us there is no such thing. (a good and Moral man)
There is man's morality, which is always based off the lessor of two evils, and as such is not really a true standard. The Standard in which we are judged is refered to as righteousness or God's Righteousness. This Righteousness has been manifest through God's law.

Quote:Or will you be judged and go with what Christ decides?
Anyone who did not select this option is not comfortable in what they believe. even the mighty richard dawkins.

Oh, look -- he has been beaten down on his bullshit assertions, and now he thinks he's going to impress anyone by flailing at straw men. HoboLaughat

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
03-02-2014, 10:22 AM
(03-02-2014 10:16 AM)Drich Wrote:  Because many of you never asked God for proof in the way you have been instructed to approach him.
How could you possibly know that? You haven't even been here for a day.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post