Your judgement day defense strageity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2014, 10:24 AM
RE: Your judgement day defense strageity?
(03-02-2014 10:22 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 10:16 AM)Drich Wrote:  Because many of you never asked God for proof in the way you have been instructed to approach him.
How could you possibly know that? You haven't even been here for a day.

Way to ruin his Scotsman fallacy, Vosur.

Now what has he got left?

The poor guy...

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
03-02-2014, 10:32 AM
(03-02-2014 10:08 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Do you think the religious posters on here are secretly disappointed in the answers that they get from this forum? Think about it, they imagine posing a question that will fill us with the same dread that they have. Questions such as, what would you do if it was all real?

Instead of answers like 'beg for forgiveness' and 'scream out Oh My God I am sorry I was wrong', they get replies they probably never thought of such as 'spit in the face of God' and 'ask for explanations' or asking 'which god are you?'.

Do the religious posters then assume that we are bluffing because they can't imagine thinking any other way?
Actually if the religious posters have even been doing this for a couple of months they will see a pattern develop.

at the start when he/she first posts there is a bombardment of sterotypical atheist stuff. If the R/P (religious poster) sticks with it, he will wittle down the johnny come latlys. (those who really have worked their way through their own optinions, and just regurgitate what smarter people have said. )This is done by asking and interacting with the same old arguements the R/P has seen over and over and over and over and over and over again. after a few weeks or even months a core group will emerge who know what they truly believe and why. This is where the fun begins.
Tongue
03-02-2014, 10:33 AM
(03-02-2014 10:08 AM)nach_in Wrote:  What is yours? As you say, if there's sin your god will find it, and you're committing the sin of pride right here, with a very subtle and pious mask on, but you know you came here looking for sawdust specks, as you people say.

Now go tell your shit to a drunk pedophile or whatever you people do to feel righteous these days.

asked and answered Post #3
03-02-2014, 10:40 AM
Well, this didn't take you long.

For your edification, most of us have thought this out. We're not Atheist to rebel, sin, misbehave, or otherwise tick off your imaginary friend. We simply see no evidence of a god(s). One of the reasons we react the way we do to many Xian's is because we get this constantly.

Should I be wrong, find out that your sky daddy is the real deal out of all the others, then I'll have to deal with whatever eternal punishment your deity decides on. Since his book is divine and without error according to some I have a fair idea of how just and compassionate it will be.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
03-02-2014, 10:43 AM
(03-02-2014 10:32 AM)Drich Wrote:  at the start when he/she first posts there is a bombardment of sterotypical atheist stuff. If the R/P (religious poster) sticks with it, he will wittle down the johnny come latlys. (those who really have worked their way through their own optinions, and just regurgitate what smarter people have said. )This is done by asking and interacting with the same old arguements the R/P has seen over and over and over and over and over and over again. after a few weeks or even months a core group will emerge who know what they truly believe and why. This is where the fun begins.
Tongue

^^^ Self-delusional troll "logic".

[Image: __grammatik_macht_frei___wallpaper_by_un...4h0y15.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
03-02-2014, 10:45 AM
(03-02-2014 10:11 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Sure there is. It's just that you can't think your way out of a paper bag.
Wow that was a rather quick appeal to a sterotype.. Let me guess.. Consider Do you live in a southern state? Is it Georgia or alabama?

Quote: IF The God of the bible is the God of our Judgement...

Quote:Begging the Question Fallacy. You haven't demonstrated, by extraordinary evidence, your extraordinary claim that ANY "gods" exist whatsoever. And your fairy tale book is just a fairy tale book.
Ahhh, no. No question was presented therefore the fallacy does not apply. Here maybe this will help:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

although there are some pretty tall words in there you might need this as well:
http://www.merriam-webster.com

(Dont want you to look any more foolish than you already do.. )Laughat

Quote:Nor have you demonstrated that this "hell" exists.
Nor do I intend to. That is why I prefaced the OP with a big fat "What if"

Quote:Nor have you demonstrated that this "christ" thing exists. You can't go speculating and droning on about the characteristics, behaviors, or thoughts of something you haven't shown to exist.
Again your overstepping the parameters of this discussion.. Calm down, we are just trying to have some fun.

Quote:Funny, Buddhist nutjobs who believe in karma and reincarnation say the same thing about disbelief in THEIR stupid bullshit superstitions. Hobo
so? Budhism is not apart of the intended topic of this thread. Do try and stay on point old bean.
03-02-2014, 10:56 AM
(03-02-2014 10:22 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  *opportunity. I see you STILL, after all these years, have failed to take even an elementary spelling or grammar course.
Actually I have struggled with dsylexia all my life. i did not learn to read and retain what I had read till I was well in my twenties where i had to teach myself. Still working on it and on the spelling and grammar.. I think visually.

Quote:So tell me again, what's to stop me from spitting in the eye of thor, allah or whomever?

Quote:When you die and your karma
Laugh out load So as per your demand for 'proof' of the spiritual, i assume you have proof of Karma? Or have you allowed me a chance to rightfully dismiss everything past this point?

I just read the rest of your hippy nonsense and no proof was to be found.. You know what this means right? Your a hypocrite. You openly demand proof for things of a spiritual nature and yet you difer to things of a spiritual nature without providing proof yourself...

Are you one of the 'thinking atheist' i was looking forward to meeting or will I get to meet one later?Laughat

Quote:Oh, look -- he has been beaten down on his bullshit assertions, and now he thinks he's going to impress anyone by flailing at straw men. HoboLaughat
Do you want me go back you your orginal post and classify your arguements under the 'B/S' assertions I made?
03-02-2014, 10:57 AM
(03-02-2014 10:40 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Well, this didn't take you long.

For your edification, most of us have thought this out. We're not Atheist to rebel, sin, misbehave, or otherwise tick off your imaginary friend. We simply see no evidence of a god(s). One of the reasons we react the way we do to many Xian's is because we get this constantly.

Atheist are pedophilic raping thieving murderous immoral scum because we don't believe in a god especially the right god which is the Xian god! DUH!!! How can we know that any of those things are wrong without daddy there telling us no!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
03-02-2014, 10:57 AM
(03-02-2014 10:22 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 10:16 AM)Drich Wrote:  Because many of you never asked God for proof in the way you have been instructed to approach him.
How could you possibly know that? You haven't even been here for a day.

Because God made a promise in luke 11 to Give anyone the Holy Spirit who A/S/K for it.

If you do not have it you did not follow the instructions outlined in Luke 11.
03-02-2014, 11:00 AM
(03-02-2014 10:24 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 10:22 AM)Vosur Wrote:  How could you possibly know that? You haven't even been here for a day.

Way to ruin his Scotsman fallacy, Vosur.

Now what has he got left?

The poor guy...

Actually no. the no true scotsman fallacy hinges on the idea that there aren't actual requirements for a true scotsman.

Unfortunatly your appeal to this fallacy is unfounded because there are indeed rules to Christianity founded in Scripture.

Christ himself tells us that not everyone who calls themselves a christian are indeed followers of Christ. Then He proceeds to give reasons why.