Your judgement day defense strageity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2014, 11:25 AM
RE: Your judgement day defense strageity?
(03-02-2014 10:32 AM)Drich Wrote:  Actually if the religious posters have even been doing this for a couple of months they will see a pattern develop.

at the start when he/she first posts there is a bombardment of sterotypical atheist stuff. If the R/P (religious poster) sticks with it, he will wittle down the johnny come latlys. (those who really have worked their way through their own optinions, and just regurgitate what smarter people have said. )This is done by asking and interacting with the same old arguements the R/P has seen over and over and over and over and over and over again. after a few weeks or even months a core group will emerge who know what they truly believe and why. This is where the fun begins.
Tongue

Or to put it another way ...

The religious poster comes on here with a single flawed argument and gets bombarded by a multitude of different arguments, almost all valid because there are so many ways to attack a logically inconsistent superstition with woolly concepts based on faith rather than evidence. The religious poster ignores the logical arguments and science that (s)he does not understand (which is most of them) and concentrates on the arguments they really do want to engage in (i.e. arguing about the bible using the assumption that it is true). After several weeks of other posters repeating themselves and being ignored, most of them give up. Eventually the thread descends into one of arguing about definitions and semantics.

You say you've heard most of the arguments from the atheists before. Yet you don't say whether or not you have properly understood them or have ever answered them to the satisfaction of someone who posed it.

Have you ever countered an argument from an atheist to their satisfaction?

Have you ever converted an atheist?

Have you ever quantifiably achieved anything that you originally intended by posting on an atheist forum?

If so, please give examples.

If not, please tell us why you think this time will be different.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Mathilda's post
03-02-2014, 11:26 AM
(03-02-2014 10:11 AM)Freethought Wrote:  I'd also tell my family that it'd take some sick bastards to enjoy Heaven while people are burning in agonizing pain in Hell, most of the people for simply not believing in some egotistical insecure god who sent them there merely for the ''crime'' of not giving him his ''worthy'' acknowledgement, despite them being genuinely well-meaning people.

Freethought, I find this a very interesting conundrum for the "saved". I'd like to hear an apologist (my parents for instance) explain and go through the mental gymnastics of how they will be totaly happy in heaven while their son burns in hell!

I know, with god all things are possible. Maybe he'll create a hologram of me that fools my parents into thinking I too have wings and play the harp while the "real" me is hanging out with the unbelievers.

Any theists out there care to elaborate?
How do you rationalize being happy in the afterlife while a loved one is sent to the netherworld?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
03-02-2014, 11:28 AM
(03-02-2014 10:57 AM)Drich Wrote:  Because God made a promise in luke 11 to Give anyone the Holy Spirit who A/S/K for it.

If you do not have it you did not follow the instructions outlined in Luke 11.
Well, well, well! Isn't it possible that God has broken his promise to us? According to the Bible, God has lied to mankind before (see Genesis 2:17).

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
03-02-2014, 11:30 AM
(03-02-2014 11:26 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 10:11 AM)Freethought Wrote:  I'd also tell my family that it'd take some sick bastards to enjoy Heaven while people are burning in agonizing pain in Hell, most of the people for simply not believing in some egotistical insecure god who sent them there merely for the ''crime'' of not giving him his ''worthy'' acknowledgement, despite them being genuinely well-meaning people.

Freethought, I find this a very interesting conundrum for the "saved". I'd like to hear an apologist (my parents for instance) explain and go through the mental gymnastics of how they will be totaly happy in heaven while their son burns in hell!

I know, with god all things are possible. Maybe he'll create a hologram of me that fools my parents into thinking I too have wings and play the harp while the "real" me is hanging out with the unbelievers.

Any theists out there care to elaborate?
How do you rationalize being happy in the afterlife while a loved one is sent to the netherworld?

My grandma once told me that god would fix it so she wouldn't care at all.

Which opens the door to yet more questions and even fewer answers.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

03-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Seems silly to me to have to stand in judgement. If God knows all and sees all I would assume the decision has already been made as to my place for all eternity. Why not just ship me straight to where I am headed instead of God needing the chance to actually bang the gavel? Seems he wouldn't have time to do much else if he is standing at the ticket counter making sure you have a valid pass. Perhaps he is so evil he has to be the one to say that entry into Heaven is declined. Doesn't it go counter to teaching that you can change your mind after you are dead? Seems that would cut down on the number of supposed death bed conversions if you get one more chance.

But, either way, I don't believe in any of it so there's that.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
03-02-2014, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2014 11:47 AM by Logisch.)
I think this would pretty much sum up my feelings. If there is a god that is all powerful and all knowing, he'd know exactly what I was thinking, no words necessary. Although I might ask why he's an asshole.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
03-02-2014, 11:47 AM
(03-02-2014 11:30 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 11:26 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  How do you rationalize being happy in the afterlife while a loved one is sent to the netherworld?

My grandma once told me that god would fix it so she wouldn't care at all.

Which opens the door to yet more questions and even fewer answers.

I tell you MSSB that the mental gymnastics to make this whole story remotely palatable it has to go through continuous contortions and self-contradictions that would make a double-jointed Olympic gymnast envious. I think that in the end the only way for a person to subscribe to it is to close their eyes, throw up their hands and enter a state of suspended disbelief exponentially greater than that required when watching a Steven Segal movie.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
03-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Also, in regards to "reincarnation" - I know of few buddhists that I've met and speak to on a regular basis who believe in reincarnation. The closest thing I've heard from them is the "funny way of the universe reusing us." which technically, once we die, our atoms and energy are reused by other creatures, our corpse consumed by other biological forms... and at some point, when the sun consumes the earth and eventually turns into a white dwarf (after going through it's red dwarf phase) and goes supernova, the contents of our solar system will scatter, become a star nursery and "in a funny way" be star dust and reused once again.

So technically, sure, that's reincarnation. Not in a "spiritual sense" of your personality being reincarnated as a butterfly or a movie star... but at some point.. we all start as atoms and energy, and you'll go back into the universe as atoms and energy.

Most of my friends that are buddhist hold this exact opinion on "reincarnation" although a more ideal statement would be "galactic recycling" Tongue

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
03-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Drich did remind me to pack...

[Image: white-oak-stake_o_1213077.jpg]

If it can do Klaus, it'll dust those chumps. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-02-2014, 12:29 PM
I'll tell you what, if your god can shut Taqiyya up then that's the god I will believe in!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 7 users Like Crulax's post