Your last moments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2016, 05:32 PM
Your last moments
I find thinking about a person's final choices that they make -- when they KNOW it's the end -- impacts me pretty significantly.

Born Again Pagan shared the story about his friend who died while hanging out with him on the beach -- knowing he was approaching the end.

I was just reading about how Nishi chose to spend some of his final hours on here.

Just those thoughts make my eyes water.

So what about you all? Let's say you have 48 hours to live, and a body that can move/travel. How would you want to spend your last moments?

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2016, 05:37 PM
RE: Your last moments
Family, friends, my woman if I have one at that time, roller coasters, playing my guitar, going for a last hike ... lots of things come to mind
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
31-05-2016, 05:39 PM
Listening to favorite music with my family, going back and laughing about all the crazy funny stuff we could remember. Take an hour to post goodbyes on the message boards I frequent.
If I have not talked to somebody in years I would not bother talking to them.
31-05-2016, 05:43 PM
(31-05-2016 05:32 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I was just reading about how Nishi chose to spend some of his final hours on here.

Could you provide that link please. Maybe in his thread.

(31-05-2016 05:32 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  So what about you all? Let's say you have 48 hours to live, and a body that can move/travel. How would you want to spend your last moments?

I'm going ice-nine.

#sigh
31-05-2016, 05:43 PM
First I would have to take my dogs to their future places. Then I would have to write up a ton of instructions for the executrix and to go with all the animals. That would probably take up half of my time.

Then I would go to the store and get some steak and lobster and shrimp and veggies, - lots of good stuff to throw on the grill. And chocolate. And good beer and booze. And some choice weed. At some point I would sleep. Then fire up the grill and hang out on my lounge with my music and a fun book and grill and nibble and read...outside, where the birds come to visit and wildlife grazes....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
31-05-2016, 05:45 PM
For me, I would want to write individual thank you letters to everybody who has impacted me in my life. Even my Brother who I haven't talked to in 2 or 3 years. I'm guessing that would take 5-10 hours.

I would want a few short visits to see some people one last time, and also play a little DDR with my childhood friends. Nothing too crazy, maybe just spend half a day doing this.

Then I would want to spend my last day just being with my fiance eating great food, laughing about random facebook posts. Talk a little crap about the ridiculousness of religion. Cook together one last time. Enjoy the cutesy way we treat each other. Hold her. Not much different from a regular day...but these are the things I really appreciate. I'd want to spend my last moments just being "at home" one last time. She is my home.

Gosh tears were streaming down my cheeks as I wrote this.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
31-05-2016, 05:50 PM
I would want to spend it on the beach near Hatteras. Alone. Observing the vastness of the ocean. Listening to the water and breathing in the salty air.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
31-05-2016, 05:58 PM
Kamikaze from
The hundredth floor
Swan dive to the street
He couldn't handle
This madness no more
He craved that sweeter meat

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
31-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Watching the night sky.

And enjoying a very large dose of hallucinogens. Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like I Am's post
31-05-2016, 06:01 PM
(31-05-2016 06:00 PM)I Am Wrote:  Watching the night sky.

And enjoying a very large dose of hallucinogens. Big Grin

That's the ticket. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post