Your opinion on "Bahá'í Faith" sect of Islam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2013, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2013 06:03 PM by Free Thought.)
RE: Your opinion on "Bahá'í Faith" sect of Islam
(21-11-2013 05:09 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 05:03 PM)cjlr Wrote:  It grew out of Islam, as much as anything, but since they don't recognize Mohammed as the last prophet, nor see him as uniquely inspired as a prophet, I'm pretty sure you couldn't call them Islamic in any way.

The funny thing is there was no other prophet of Islam so idk why they consider Muhammad to be the "last prophet".

Actually, no.

Islam has many prophets; Abraham and Jesus are two examples. Islam is a plagiarism of Chrisitanity with some added DLC downloaded only by Muhammad and was the last DLC supposed to have been released.
Christianity is exactly the same way; a Plagiarism of Judaism, but with a Jesus-based Content Patch of the old content of Abraham.
And before any causal passer-by might think Judaism is original, it's not: It plagiarised pretty much everything from the Babylonian and Canaanite pantheons... Well that was until the the Babylonians invaded and destroyed the Temple and exiled a ton of them, and it mutated their War God Yahew into the supreme and only deity and became the first known monotheism. A dark day for humanity indeed.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
21-11-2013, 06:17 PM
(21-11-2013 05:59 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Islam is a plagiarism of Chrisitanity with some added DLC downloaded only by Muhammad and was the last DLC supposed to have been released.
For it to be a "Plagiarism" something has to be original,whereas no religion is original because the idea of "God" was just a political tool to control people in the old times.

Given the fact that New Testament is a translation of a translation passed down in several thousands of years it possibly couldn't be substantial at this point
Quote:Well that was until the the Babylonians invaded and destroyed the Temple and exiled a ton of them, and it mutated their War God Yahew into the supreme and only deity and became the first known monotheism. A dark day for humanity indeed.
LOL now i see why Yahweh is vengeanceful and evil because he is essentially an embodiment of the violence&immorality that was going around at that day and age.
21-11-2013, 07:00 PM
I've been to the large Bahai temple in New Delhi. It seemed like a place for aging western hippies and Hare Krishna escapees. It certainly didn't have the vibe of Islam or Christianity. Seemed like a scam to me but the building was cool.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
21-11-2013, 07:08 PM
If I weren't Catholic, I think I'd be heading in that direction religiously. The whole "One God, many mouths" idea is very agreeable to me.
21-11-2013, 07:19 PM
Its a mix of several major religions... I think it basically blends all the monotheisms into one.

They read the Bible, Torah and the Qur'an.

Its an apologists paradise...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-11-2013, 07:27 PM
They think all paths still lead to the one true God, whatever that is supposed to be. Well in spirit I like the collaboration coexisting aspect of it.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
21-11-2013, 07:33 PM
(21-11-2013 07:27 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  They think all paths still lead to the one true God, whatever that is supposed to be. Well in spirit I like the collaboration coexisting aspect of it.

So it's basically a more Western version of Hinduism? That can't be right!

I think we're oversimplifying things, but yes, a quick wikiSkim reveals you are correct.

Note that the Bahaoulla is the final messenger, we really should be Bahais.
21-11-2013, 07:44 PM
I'd be Bahai if I didn't think religion led to dogmatic corruption of the founder's ideals.
21-11-2013, 07:50 PM
(21-11-2013 06:17 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 05:59 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Islam is a plagiarism of Chrisitanity with some added DLC downloaded only by Muhammad and was the last DLC supposed to have been released.

For it to be a "Plagiarism" something has to be original,whereas no religion is original because the idea of "God" was just a political tool to control people in the old times.

Given the fact that New Testament is a translation of a translation passed down in several thousands of years it possibly couldn't be substantial at this point

I'm not entirely sure on that.
However, I do know the NT writers did ad some new content to their Torahs.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
21-11-2013, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2013 08:26 PM by IndianAtheist.)
(21-11-2013 07:00 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I've been to the large Bahai temple in New Delhi. It seemed like a place for aging western hippies and Hare Krishna escapees. It certainly didn't have the vibe of Islam or Christianity. Seemed like a scam to me but the building was cool.
WHAT !? i live in new delhi ! i didn't even know such a religion even existed !

where are these religions popping up from ? Unsure Big bang? RIDICULOUS!
(21-11-2013 07:50 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'm not entirely sure on that.
However, I do know the NT writers did ad some new content to their Torahs.
Not only that but Gospels were edited out of the bible.. for political reasons and also we're talking about people who were writing stories which happened 100 years ago then passing it on to others.

So these people at best were just being speculative at best they were not "Eye witnesses" of Jesus Christ being crucified.