Your (our) final moments as an atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2016, 10:48 AM
RE: Your (our) final moments as an atheist
(14-09-2016 03:38 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  I do envy atheists not knowing. It's a sweet thing not to know in lots of ways. That's why I became one so I can enjoy the benefits.

** Putting on a theist hat.... **
"I believe in God. God sees all. If I don't worship God, I will burn in hell forever. But, about that death thing, the atheist positions is more convenient so I think I'll become one of those..."
** Removing hat **

Sure... Drinking Beverage

By the way, what's this "not knowing" stuff? And if you became an atheist, why do you envy atheists? So many holes... Dodgy

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
15-09-2016, 10:59 AM
(15-09-2016 10:48 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 03:38 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  I do envy atheists not knowing. It's a sweet thing not to know in lots of ways. That's why I became one so I can enjoy the benefits.

** Putting on a theist hat.... **
"I believe in God. God sees all. If I don't worship God, I will burn in hell forever. But, about that death thing, the atheist positions is more convenient so I think I'll become one of those..."
** Removing hat **

Sure... Drinking Beverage

By the way, what's this "not knowing" stuff? And if you became an atheist, why do you envy atheists? So many holes... Dodgy

I was talking about my illogical self. My logical self is an atheist. But you can look at it like quantum uncertainty where I am both a theist and an atheist at the same time.
15-09-2016, 11:08 AM
If I'm an atheist but define myself as a demigod, does that make me both an atheist and a theist too?

'Murican Canadian
15-09-2016, 11:29 AM
(15-09-2016 11:08 AM)yakherder Wrote:  If I'm an atheist but define myself as a demigod, does that make me both an atheist and a theist too?

A meist, silly. And what took you so long?

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-09-2016, 11:31 AM
(15-09-2016 11:29 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 11:08 AM)yakherder Wrote:  If I'm an atheist but define myself as a demigod, does that make me both an atheist and a theist too?

A meist, silly. And what took you so long?

You mean with regards to coming out of the closet about being a demigod? I was afraid of the effects of persecution. I'd hate to have to incinerate a few hundred thousand people because they were discriminating against me.

'Murican Canadian
15-09-2016, 11:33 AM

Why is it always about you? [Image: cranky.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
15-09-2016, 11:34 AM
The Moral Theology of the Roman Church has always said that anyone who honestly follows their conscience, no matter whether that's in line with the Church's teachings and doctrines or not, is not "lost". So it's all a bunch a hooey, nevermind.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
15-09-2016, 11:43 AM
(15-09-2016 11:33 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  

Why is it always about you? [Image: cranky.gif]

Because I shook the magic 8 ball and asked it if everything was about me and...
[Image: 6920841-1403615984268693-Quoth-the-Raven.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
15-09-2016, 11:54 AM
(15-09-2016 10:59 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  I was talking about my illogical self. My logical self is an atheist. But you can look at it like quantum uncertainty where I am both a theist and an atheist at the same time.

Holes... Dodgy

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
15-09-2016, 12:09 PM
(14-09-2016 06:31 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 04:09 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Loosing ones religious belief isn't like a light switch. Most people will tell you the years it took them to break out of the brainwashing.

It's also not a "club" there are not any practices, dogma's or promises.

What lead you to this position ST?

Did you distance yourself from your church? Did you watch or read something that made you question?

Only listen to these statement if your comments are insincere.

I'm sure your having fun, "joking" maybe this is your way of dealing with things IDK. But if you have been in the Baptist Church for 32 years that is quiet some time. And their not a group that is know for acceptance, to people outside their church. I would even suspect that you are still in. From you post's and humor I suspect that you would be more in the late teens or early 20's.

Science isn't a religion and will never be one.

" Science adjusts its views based on what's observed
Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.
" Tim Minchin

Let's put it this way: When I talk about science and reason and claim this I am lying and when I say I was a baptist I am telling the truth? What makes you think I am not lying for Marx?

I have known about inflexible thinking but I am really marveling at how under intelligence and mentally rigid atheists really are. It's quite an eye opener to how less intelligent I expected.

Having a tough time staying in character I see.

So far you've been here ruffly two days. And have already come to complete conclusions.

Since you've called yourself an atheist in other posts. Do you view yourself in the same light? What denomination or Baptist were you?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post