Your (our) final moments as an atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2016, 08:31 PM
RE: Your (our) final moments as an atheist
(15-09-2016 08:28 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 07:30 PM)yakherder Wrote:  More afraid of an afterlife than the end of existence, cause if there's a heaven I ain't getting in it.

Take a pull on the Hell Horn for me, bro. I'd be there with you, if it was for real. Evil_monster

[Image: 337f50c2dfec94b0f9c840969c691151.jpg]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
16-09-2016, 02:50 AM
(14-09-2016 06:48 PM)pablo Wrote:  Yesterday I had a minor medical procedure done where I was sedated (unconscious) for about an hour.
I don't remember any of it. If something had gone wrong and I had died I wouldn't be aware of it now.

If I have some sort of life threatening accident I'll more than likely be unconscious before I die and won't remember anything either.

If I find myself facing some terminal illness that will slowly and painfully end my life, I will end it as I see fit, without pain and without an imaginary god.

Circumcision can be a bitch! Hug

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
16-09-2016, 02:55 AM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2016 02:59 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(15-09-2016 08:31 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 08:28 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Take a pull on the Hell Horn for me, bro. I'd be there with you, if it was for real. Evil_monster

[Image: 337f50c2dfec94b0f9c840969c691151.jpg]

I even managed to rind the hi-res one too. Tongue

[Image: a2Ja4HR.jpg]

However this isn't the original. Someone edited out Taylor Swift in the lower right most corner, and replaced her with Trent Reznor (of Nine Inch Nails fame). They didn't match the same portrait style, so he really stands out, but I'll take the trade regardless. Big Grin

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-09-2016, 03:28 AM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2016 03:31 AM by Gloucester.)
Some time ago I suffered severe tachycardia, fast heartbeat (about 300 bmp in this instance), and insufficient circulation reached my brain - I fainted. My implant did its job and shocked my heart back into a regular rhythm. I was told that saved my life.

After being taken to hospital, mainly because I had hit my head hard falling off my chair, I suffered four more such events in 12 hours, some whilst awake, some whilst asleep..

Whilst in hospital I felt safe, I was being closely monitored by excellent staff. I was given a new medication, strong stuff, and sent home once that stabilised.

I am normally a pragmatic bloke, I fully understand the fact that my condition is serious and accept most of the problems that causes with a practical approach - get on with life, enjoy what you can whilst it lasts! I have already outlived the statistics by a few years.

But . . . after the above event, at home, alone, reliant entirely on my implant and the new medication, sleep, the "small death", was something my brain, probably my "lizard brain", was very afraid off. I would start to slip into sleep then crash awake, very alert and in a state of fear.

Intellectual knowledge, pragmatism, practicality etc are wimps compared to primitive emotion! I have been in dangerous, life threatening, situations whilst awake and coped every time. Unconcious fear and sleep are not a good mixture!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
20-09-2016, 05:30 AM
(14-09-2016 03:19 PM)julep Wrote:  The idea of being dead and gone doesn't disturb me particularly, no.

I'd definitely be more worried if I was a theist (like you), uncertain if I'd picked the right god or denomination, always afraid of being sentenced to eternal torment for that honest mistake.
Good thing there is but one GOD and denomination or even religious affiliation is relatively irrelevant.
All will be judged by their works.

Does that mean there is an eternal conscious bliss for the believer and eternal torment for the one who who was righteous and morally obliged, yet ignorant of GOD? No.

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk
20-09-2016, 05:40 AM
(20-09-2016 05:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Good thing there is but one GOD and denomination or even religious affiliation is relatively irrelevant.

Word salad at its most idiotic.

Pop's, I am disappointed in you.

There are bright people here.

Idiocy won't cut it.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
20-09-2016, 05:40 AM
(15-09-2016 11:34 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The Moral Theology of the Roman Church has always said that anyone who honestly follows their conscience, no matter whether that's in line with the Church's teachings and doctrines or not, is not "lost". So it's all a bunch a hooey, nevermind.
Started off good, why did you stop?

Peace

20-09-2016, 05:44 AM
(20-09-2016 05:40 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 11:34 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The Moral Theology of the Roman Church has always said that anyone who honestly follows their conscience, no matter whether that's in line with the Church's teachings and doctrines or not, is not "lost". So it's all a bunch a hooey, nevermind.
Started off good, why did you stop?

Peace

Who is this One god?

Banjo.
20-09-2016, 05:47 AM
(20-09-2016 05:40 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 05:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Good thing there is but one GOD and denomination or even religious affiliation is relatively irrelevant.

Word salad at its most idiotic.

Idiocy won't cut it.
Don't be a dick.

I said there is one GOD.

I said ones religion and or denomination holds little bearing. It is the works of man that he or she will be judged against.

It wasn't word salad, just poor initial execution on my part... As usual.

Peace

20-09-2016, 05:57 AM
(20-09-2016 05:47 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 05:40 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Word salad at its most idiotic.

Idiocy won't cut it.
Don't be a dick.

I said there is one GOD.

I said ones religion and or denomination holds little bearing. It is the works of man that he or she will be judged against.

It wasn't word salad, just poor initial execution on my part... As usual.

Peace

WHICH GOD??????????

Asclepios? Jupiter? Diana? Thor? The Hebrew God? The Islamic god?

Banjo.