Your (our) final moments as an atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2016, 06:03 AM
RE: Your (our) final moments as an atheist
(20-09-2016 05:47 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I said there is one GOD.

Prove it. Provide ANY actual evidence for it.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2016, 06:11 AM
I have this problem with and open ended timeline... like it's eight kajillion CE and the bored AI floating around the cosmos are having difficulties spinning up new, distinct personality constructs and one of 'em gets the brilliant idea of dead people and they go and unstitch us from the current fabric of now and we wake up then going wtf, dude?

I probably shouldn't read so much damn sci-fi. Tongue

(20-09-2016 05:57 AM)Banjo Wrote:  WHICH GOD??????????

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-09-2016, 06:11 AM
(20-09-2016 06:03 AM)unfogged Wrote:  

It's just a concept. If you don't own it it is meaningless.

Not worth worrying about.

Just be aware that there are nutters who think you need to die for disagreeing with their concept.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
20-09-2016, 04:00 PM
(20-09-2016 06:11 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 06:03 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Prove it. Provide ANY actual evidence for it.

Just be aware that there are nutters who think you need to die for disagreeing with their concept.

I don't worry about it at all but Pops has a long history here. He's got his own personal little theology based on what sounds like some kind of hallucination. He makes repeated claims like this and I've been asking for any reason to think he's not just a nutjob for well over a year with no results. From many interactions I seriously believe that he needs professional help and that he is potentially a danger to people around him.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
20-09-2016, 07:04 PM
(20-09-2016 05:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 03:19 PM)julep Wrote:  The idea of being dead and gone doesn't disturb me particularly, no.

I'd definitely be more worried if I was a theist (like you), uncertain if I'd picked the right god or denomination, always afraid of being sentenced to eternal torment for that honest mistake.
Good thing there is but one GOD and denomination or even religious affiliation is relatively irrelevant.
All will be judged by their works.

Does that mean there is an eternal conscious bliss for the believer and eternal torment for the one who who was righteous and morally obliged, yet ignorant of GOD? No.

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

I'll let you fight it out with the people who believe just as fervently as you do that there are multiple gods, or that there is one god who condemns people who don't believe to various sorts of torment. Nothing you've written on this forum makes me think you've got any special insight into these matters.

And just to be clear: I'm not ignorant of your god, as you've done a great job of describing this repulsive, and of course completely implausible, being to us. I'm against your god as fundamentally immoral.

I have zero interest in pleasing your god, especially if it means sharing postmortem rewards with the likes of you and those other "righteous and morally obliged" folks. Yuck. Please bother someone else.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
20-09-2016, 07:08 PM
(20-09-2016 05:57 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 05:47 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Don't be a dick.

I said there is one GOD.

I said ones religion and or denomination holds little bearing. It is the works of man that he or she will be judged against.

It wasn't word salad, just poor initial execution on my part... As usual.

Peace

WHICH GOD??????????

Asclepios? Jupiter? Diana? Thor? The Hebrew God? The Islamic god?
The singular creative force/intelligence/power that created/formed/set all existence in motion. There are many names referring to it... Pick one.

20-09-2016, 07:09 PM
(20-09-2016 05:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 03:19 PM)julep Wrote:  The idea of being dead and gone doesn't disturb me particularly, no.

I'd definitely be more worried if I was a theist (like you), uncertain if I'd picked the right god or denomination, always afraid of being sentenced to eternal torment for that honest mistake.
Good thing there is but one GOD and denomination or even religious affiliation is relatively irrelevant.
All will be judged by their works.

Does that mean there is an eternal conscious bliss for the believer and eternal torment for the one who who was righteous and morally obliged, yet ignorant of GOD? No.

Peace
(20-09-2016 07:08 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 05:57 AM)Banjo Wrote:  WHICH GOD??????????

Asclepios? Jupiter? Diana? Thor? The Hebrew God? The Islamic god?
The singular creative force/intelligence/power that created/formed/set all existence in motion. There are many names referring to it... Pick one.

I don't care what pops claims to be. The more I see posts like these the more I think pantheistic humanist.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
20-09-2016, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2016 07:31 PM by popsthebuilder.)
(20-09-2016 06:03 AM)unfogged Wrote:  

This again?

We both know I can't prove it. And we both know you can't prove the contrary.

The conscience and that it seems tied to all human life and objective morality definitely doesn't refute the possibility of GOD. The fact that mathematics can exactly define pretty much everything that is even remotely observable seems to me, to lend strong credence to the possibility of some sort of intelligent design. The fact that I was literally changed from not only atheism, but from a whole way of being, and helped immeasurably and instantly is proof to me without a doubt, but I can't prove any of that even happened.

Anyway, basically, I can't prove anything, but that doesn't mean it isn't true or real.

Peace

20-09-2016, 07:22 PM
(20-09-2016 06:11 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 06:03 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Prove it. Provide ANY actual evidence for it.

Any thinking another should die, especially for not conforming to their particular set of beliefs or practices is quite obviously not genuinely interested in the direction of man ordained by GOD.

Peace

20-09-2016, 07:26 PM
(20-09-2016 04:00 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 06:11 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  It's just a concept. If you don't own it it is meaningless.

I don't worry about it at all but Pops has a long history here. He's got his own personal little theology based on what sounds like some kind of hallucination. He makes repeated claims like this and I've been asking for any reason to think he's not just a nutjob for well over a year with no results. From many interactions I seriously believe that he needs professional help and that he is potentially a danger to people around him.
I'll ask you again; why do you think I am a danger to any? As if I run around speaking of morality and equality and peace yet secretly want the opposite.

If you're basing it off of my past, well that's in the past.

If you're basing it off of previous posts to certain people nearly a year ago, well, I admit that I was angered, but I also remind you that this this the internet and I have changed even from then.

Peace