Your (our) final moments as an atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2016, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2016 07:44 PM by popsthebuilder.)
RE: Your (our) final moments as an atheist
(20-09-2016 07:04 PM)julep Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 05:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Good thing there is but one GOD and denomination or even religious affiliation is relatively irrelevant.
All will be judged by their works.

Does that mean there is an eternal conscious bliss for the believer and eternal torment for the one who who was righteous and morally obliged, yet ignorant of GOD? No.

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

I'll let you fight it out with the people who believe just as fervently as you do that there are multiple gods, or that there is one god who condemns people who don't believe to various sorts of torment. Nothing you've written on this forum makes me think you've got any special insight into these matters.

And just to be clear: I'm not ignorant of your god, as you've done a great job of describing this repulsive, and of course completely implausible, being to us. I'm against your god as fundamentally immoral.

I have zero interest in pleasing your god, especially if it means sharing postmortem rewards with the likes of you and those other "righteous and morally obliged" folks. Yuck. Please bother someone else.
You're lying.

I've only ever stayed that GOD is benevolent, so what repulsed you?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2016, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2016 07:33 PM by popsthebuilder.)
(20-09-2016 07:04 PM)julep Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 05:30 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Good thing there is but one GOD and denomination or even religious affiliation is relatively irrelevant.
All will be judged by their works.

Does that mean there is an eternal conscious bliss for the believer and eternal torment for the one who who was righteous and morally obliged, yet ignorant of GOD? No.

Peace

I'll let you fight it out with the people who believe just as fervently as you do that there are multiple gods, or that there is one god who condemns people who don't believe to various sorts of torment. Nothing you've written on this forum makes me think you've got any special insight into these matters.

And just to be clear: I'm not ignorant of your god, as you've done a great job of describing this repulsive, and of course completely implausible, being to us. I'm against your god as fundamentally immoral.

I have zero interest in pleasing your god, especially if it means sharing postmortem rewards with the likes of you and those other "righteous and morally obliged" folks. Yuck. Please bother someone else.
Did I quote you? I may have. And who said anything about reward or a conscious afterlife?

20-09-2016, 07:30 PM
(20-09-2016 07:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 06:03 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Prove it. Provide ANY actual evidence for it.
This again?

We both know I can't prove it. And we both know you can't prove the contrary.

For the umpteenth time try and remember an atheist doesn’t have to provide any negative proof. The theist is making the claim, it is up to them to substantiate it.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
20-09-2016, 07:37 PM
(20-09-2016 07:30 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 07:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  This again?

We both know I can't prove it. And we both know you can't prove the contrary.

For the umpteenth time try and remember an atheist doesn’t have to provide any negative proof. The theist is making the claim, it is up to them to substantiate it.
Absolute bullshite.

You claim the nonexistence of any form of GOD.

That is a claim.

I claim to have witnessed a form of GOD and can explain and go into any details you like.

Your claim has zero support.

My claim has at least my own testimony, but wait... It is also supported by what man has known of GOD from before recorded time and around the entire world.

Atheist like using the positive claim bs, because it takes the focus off the fact that they have absolutely no supporting evidence for their own claim. I don't really care to waste my time with those types, and am not stereotyping any.

Peace

20-09-2016, 07:45 PM
(20-09-2016 07:37 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 07:30 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  For the umpteenth time try and remember an atheist doesn’t have to provide any negative proof. The theist is making the claim, it is up to them to substantiate it.
Absolute bullshite.

That is a claim.

I claim to have witnessed a form of GOD and can explain and go into any details you like.

My claim has at least my own testimony, but wait... It is also supported by what man has known of GOD from before recorded time and around the entire world.

Atheist like using the positive claim bs, because it takes the focus off the fact that they have absolutely no supporting evidence for their own claim. I don't really care to waste my time with those types, and am not stereotyping any.

Peace

Wrong on all counts.

I don't believe any god claim because there is no evidence of any claimed god.

I don't claim there is no god, just that no one has any evidence of any god.

You made four or five utterly unsupported claims in that post. Provide evidence else your claims will be dismissed.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
20-09-2016, 07:46 PM
(20-09-2016 07:30 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  For the umpteenth time try and remember an atheist doesn’t have to provide any negative proof. The theist is making the claim, it is up to them to substantiate it.
Absolute bullshite.

That is a claim.

My claim has at least my own testimony, but wait... It is also supported by what man has known of GOD from before receded time and around the entire world.

Atheist like using the positive claim bs, because it takes the focus off the fact that they have absolutely no supporting evidence for their own claim.

Peace

Except for it being a atheist position that is supported by what is known and disbelieved about gods by people across the world and history.

Atheistic and agnostic people don't believe in animalistic spiritual gods just as monotheistic people, and just like them they also don't believe in the support of pantheist ideas with the same supports but in contrast to that they are connected with those animalistic, pantheist, pantheon, etc. In their joint support and understanding of how there is no evidence or support of a figurehead god.

Atheists also equal you in your notion of support through human historical views of Gods, if you really deny that you're more biased than I thought. Even with a baha'i or all encompassing view [which largely aren't ancient but globalization influences of the 19th century] they still are contrasted in god views by those who say, no it must be 1 way alone.

Atheists agree with all those religions particulars as similarly as you. Or as similarly as the jew or the hindi.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
20-09-2016, 08:01 PM
(20-09-2016 07:08 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The singular creative force/intelligence/power that created/formed/set all existence in motion. There are many names referring to it... Pick one.

My cat.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
20-09-2016, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2016 08:17 PM by Full Circle.)
Absolute bullshite.

That is a claim.

[Image: 98b.jpg]

and one more...

[Image: 58251140.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
20-09-2016, 08:40 PM
Accepting what I cannot change is important to my emotional health, so no, I don't worry about it.

I've faced death enough to know that I'll probably be too busy to worry.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
20-09-2016, 09:16 PM
(20-09-2016 07:22 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Any thinking another should die, especially for not conforming to their particular set of beliefs or practices is quite obviously not genuinely interested in the direction of man ordained by GOD.

Peace

So from what you've said earlier you don't think any specific religion is associated with your god, and any name for god will do. But you're also saying that you know what direction god wants mankind to take?

Please inform us. Where did you get this info?

Maybe he does want us to kill each other, and isn't as nice as you say. I'm not privy to your god's inner thoughts like you are though.