Your own "light at the end of the tunnel" experiences.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Your own "light at the end of the tunnel" experiences.
I get tired of people telling me about how they "saw a man smiling" when they were unconscious and so logically this must be Jesus. Or that when I was on the verge of death, "I entered a very dark and cold place (that tends to happen when you're losing blood) and I knew it to be Hell."

These people fail to realize that the brain does some crazy shit without blood, oxygen, or when drugged up. I was wondering if any of you had any "out of body experiences" that would have been used as evidence if you were a Christian?

Here's some of mine.

When I was about 14ish, I got my tonsils out and while I was under anesthesia, I was floating above myself, and my body was floating through a big tunnel of energy in a white room with people in white standing all around. I'm not lying. So does that mean that I died while getting my tonsils out and saw heaven?

Another time was I was like 8, I opened the upstairs window and the huge ass air conditioner fell out, snapping the cord and landing in a bush outside. So out of sheer panic and terror of getting in trouble, my tiny self lifted this 150 pound beast (1980's AC units) that the adults of the house couldn't lift and carried it up 12 steps, back to my room. My parents were so impressed that I moved it myself that I didn't get in trouble. I was "filled with the strength of the Holy Spirit" you could say.

Also, I seem to be blessed. In Iraq, there were dozens of times when doing one thing and not the other would have gotten me killed. Turning right instead of left at the fork. Staying back off mission that night and the driver in my place gets killed. RPGs that didn't quite go where they were aimed. IEDs that didn't detonate like they were designed. You could say I had the grace of God if I wasn't a filthy atheist who spent my free time mocking the same God.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Buddy Christ's post
31-08-2012, 07:57 PM
RE: Your own "light at the end of the tunnel" experiences.
I never had a near death experience, but I had "astral projections" when I was younger, with silver cord and all the Buddhist stuff, it was really freaky and very cool, I tried to replicate it but I never could do it again Sad

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
31-08-2012, 09:09 PM
I had nothing close to that. The closest thing I had was a little life flash and saying, OH GOD I AM DONE FOR.. when I was driving on a hilly road downhill and a Cop came out around the corner passes a guy in the opposite lane and nearly crashed into me before I swerved.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
31-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Well, similar to things I have posted.... and since it happened a few times the situation kind of mixed in my brain as to which happened when.

But there was "a" time when something happened, and I saw the world here, then instantly saw a mist, wherein every particle in the mist was part of the universe throughout the beginning to end of all time, and all possible variants. No one was there that I knew, no one was welcoming (one saw me, called others, and basically called the person "in charge" of me from wherever it was--it took a while). So I stayed back, hiding and watching everything unfold, and the people moving things around to maximize the life of things. To the right (look to the right as far as you can without moving your head--it was just a bit further right, in a way that makes your eyes hurt to look there), was the end of everything--if you saw it, you'd be taken there. I looked, all it was was earth burning in its last moments with people crucifying ministers, mass suicides, mothers and fathers killing their children to end their suffering (before offing themselves). And with it all, some of the people from the mist would pluck people out and put them into the mist (neat thing, but they had to exchange positions--the mist people would die but save someone else). And there were screams--mainly from religious asking how god could do it--it was kind of fun watching the hardcore religious committing suicide in front of their congregation (priests and ministers all-but decapitating themselves with a knife in front of people).... religious leaders being ripped apart by their congregation and eaten.... and this isn't the bad/violent things considering everything.

Basically I'd say that the "end" as in the thing makes the worst parts in the bible (and the end stories) seem like the happy fluffy bunny version that you tell kids to make them feel all warm and cozy. The part in my little experience had one neat effect--they all said there was no god, no heaven, no hell, just the universe and the people (apparently the mist people were part of the universe). There was no tunnel, no bodies as we view them, no relatives waiting with open arms.... nothing.

Of course the "person" that was watching over me pulled me back to the mist, asked me what I was doing there, and then sent me on my merry way (after complaining that he had to reorganize my lifeline, because he said I screwed it up)--to which literally in a blink of an eye (eye closed--saw that, which lasted what seemed to be "eternity"), eye opened, back to having my head hit the steering wheel.

And when I said a few times, it was because there were three or so points in my life that something happened that I was taken to the exact same setting! Theists would say it was a divine thing, and heaven (but apparently absent of any gods.... and things they wouldn't like). To me, it's just my brain's way of processing information during trauma--which just happens to be what I'd find to be a perfect thing.
31-08-2012, 09:54 PM
I was driving home when in my late teens after nickel draft night and fell asleep at the wheel. I ran off the road and I could swear that the guy sitting beside me was shaking me yelling, "Wake up". When I got back on the road I turned to thank my passenger, who was not there. It seemed very real. So were the 16 drafts I powered down in under 2 hours. You have to compare this to the thousands of 19 year olds that don't wake up every year. I was sure that it was an angel for some time. It couldn't have been my car bouncing as I was off the pavement. It couldn't have been the radio that I heard when I woke up. It couldn't have been the intoxicated half asleep brain trying to make sense of sensory inputs. It must have been an angel.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
31-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Last time I saw a "light at the end of the tunnel" was on my 21st birthday after the ninth hard drink and right before someone handed me an absinthe martini. I don't remember drinking it (which I apparently did, plus three more before the "emesis" began), I just went straight from drunk to waking up the next morning still drunk, nothing in-between. It reminded me of before I was born, and will probably be what happens after I die.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
01-09-2012, 01:50 AM
(31-08-2012 07:30 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Another time was I was like 8, I opened the upstairs window and the huge ass air conditioner fell out, snapping the cord and landing in a bush outside. So out of sheer panic and terror of getting in trouble, my tiny self lifted this 150 pound beast (1980's AC units) that the adults of the house couldn't lift and carried it up 12 steps, back to my room. My parents were so impressed that I moved it myself that I didn't get in trouble. I was "filled with the strength of the Holy Spirit" you could say.
The body of an eight-year old can only do so much. I call bullshit on this, don't take it personal.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
01-09-2012, 07:07 AM
I got hit by a truck a few years ago right near my house. No life flashing before my eyes (sadly, I could have used the distraction as I was fully conscious through the whole thing). What was I told? 'You're still here because The Lord and Lady are not yet done with you. There is some unfinished business for you here on Earth'. So to some, my kidnapper is the The Horned God and The Goddess.

It was taken as a sign that he and she where looking out for me. Huh Way to go! I still got hit.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
01-09-2012, 07:39 AM
(01-09-2012 01:50 AM)Vosur Wrote:  The body of an eight-year old can only do so much. I call bullshit on this, don't take it personal.

You don't think an 8 year old can lift 150 pounds in a panic? Haven't you heard the news stories about mothers lifting cars and buses off their children? Mind you, I've always been the lifting type. I was doing benchpress competitions in Junior High and placing pretty high.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
01-09-2012, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2012 08:22 AM by Vosur.)
(01-09-2012 07:39 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  You don't think an 8 year old can lift 150 pounds in a panic?
Yes. Whether in panic or not, you can't carry twice your own body weight at that age.

(01-09-2012 07:39 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Haven't you heard the news stories about mothers lifting cars and buses off their children?
No. Got any links?

(01-09-2012 07:39 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Mind you, I've always been the lifting type. I was doing benchpress competitions in Junior High and placing pretty high.
I hope you see the difference between benchpressing 150 pounds and carrying 150 pounds upstairs.

On a second thought, it looks like you're just kidding/fooling around.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]