Your own ten commandments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2014, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 03:28 PM by Shadow Fox.)
RE: Your own ten commandments
Behold. My Chisel broke at the very last dot, but its finished. Don't touch it quite yet! The friction made my stone tablet quite hot you see.

1. Do not harm others or make life miserable for other human beings. We live life together here on this world and it may be the only life we will ever have. So treat every moment of others lives as if they were our own.

2. Do not try to regulate the Internet or control or prohibit the free flow of information and technology. To set limits on what people can do with code or prohibit the free flow of information of any kind is not ethical and will only lead to crime and rebellion. It is better for humanity to have free access to all rather then to selfishly hoard it.

3. The free flow of knowledge should be free. All knowledge should belong to all people who request or desire to know something. Education should be free at all levels and no one should be limited by their purse or upbringing.

4. You will not admit to others doing a crime that they themselves have not done. Nor will you admit to deeds others have done.

5. Do not condemn people for their ethnicity or their their color, or their inborn nature.

6. Do not ever even think of using people as private or public propriety. People are not propriety of yours or anyone else's.

7. Hide your face and weep, if you dare to harm a child.

8. Be logical and not faithful.

9. Share with others your land, food, money or anything else you are able too if they are in need.

10. Denounce any religion, any god, if any commandments should contradict the above.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
10-09-2014, 01:28 PM
(10-09-2014 12:09 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 06:15 AM)wazzel Wrote:  I only have one.

Do on to others as you would have them do on to you.

It covers everything.

Not to be argumentative, but I've always thought The Golden Rule is kinda selfish. I mean, wouldn't it be better to treat others the way they would like to be treated? For example, just because you like football doesn't mean you should by me tickets to a Packers game. Knowhatimean?

Picky, picky. Treating people as good as you expect to be treated does not mean expecting them to be exactly like you. Besides, how do you know how others want to be treated? All you know is how you would like to be treated and you should endeavor to treat others as good or better than that.
10-09-2014, 01:28 PM
(10-09-2014 12:16 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 12:09 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Not to be argumentative, but I've always thought The Golden Rule is kinda selfish.

Yabut... that wasn't the golden rule.

Wazzy wants to do on to you. Not unto.

I think it's something to do with mutual hair styling.

Drinking Beverage
The dangers of being a bad speller with auto-correct turned on.
10-09-2014, 01:44 PM
How about atheists not set up moral codes ourselves? We don't agree on everything all the time either.

Our species has always displayed the same range of cruelty and compassion, and atheists are not a separate species.

I'm all for guides, but never absolutes.

My suggested guide for humanity is simple.

Shift our priorities away from bitching, because we will bitch. Shift our priorities away from borders, labels and politics. Put our species focus on poverty and pollution. Accept that we all want food, shelter and a means to survive.

No single human, or group is the center of the universe and none of us are going to get off this rock. But we do all want the same things.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
10-09-2014, 01:50 PM
1. Thou shall give the dogs treats at random moments

2. Thou shall return borrowed items promptly and in better condition than received.

3. Thou shall not spam

4. Thou shall not pass another car and then slow down

5. Thou shall preface much of what you say with "it is my opinion"

6. Thou shall wait until no one is looking before adjusting your underwear

7. Thou shall be a blood donor

8. Thou shall give the benefit of the doubt

9. Thou shall not discriminate

10. Thou shall read books and not just Sparknotes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
10-09-2014, 01:55 PM
(10-09-2014 01:28 PM)wazzel Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 12:09 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Not to be argumentative, but I've always thought The Golden Rule is kinda selfish. I mean, wouldn't it be better to treat others the way they would like to be treated? For example, just because you like football doesn't mean you should by me tickets to a Packers game. Knowhatimean?

Picky, picky. Treating people as good as you expect to be treated does not mean expecting them to be exactly like you. Besides, how do you know how others want to be treated? All you know is how you would like to be treated and you should endeavor to treat others as good or better than that.

Well, depending on how well I know you, it's quite possible that I have a very good idea of how you'd like to be treated.

How's this; treat me the way you'd like to be treated, unless you know better. Savvy?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
10-09-2014, 01:56 PM
(10-09-2014 01:44 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  How about atheists not set up moral codes ourselves? We don't agree on everything all the time either.

Our species has always displayed the same range of cruelty and compassion, and atheists are not a separate species.

I'm all for guides, but never absolutes.

My suggested guide for humanity is simple.

Shift our priorities away from bitching, because we will bitch. Shift our priorities away from borders, labels and politics. Put our species focus on poverty and pollution. Accept that we all want food, shelter and a means to survive.

No single human, or group is the center of the universe and none of us are going to get off this rock. But we do all want the same things.

No, You are wrong. You are arguing finer details and semantics and things like that.

There are basic needs and things that every human is capable of agreeing with. If you can refute any of my 10 commandments, than go ahead and try to refute them as being something to be left out of a human beings moral code. It does not matter what you believe, we are all capable of agreeing with very basic ideals of not killing, harming children, stealing, or condemning people of their race or nationality.

Those who would disagree are not moral and are are in need of education out of whatever monstrous ideologies they come from.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
10-09-2014, 02:02 PM
(10-09-2014 01:55 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 01:28 PM)wazzel Wrote:  Picky, picky. Treating people as good as you expect to be treated does not mean expecting them to be exactly like you. Besides, how do you know how others want to be treated? All you know is how you would like to be treated and you should endeavor to treat others as good or better than that.

Well, depending on how well I know you, it's quite possible that I have a very good idea of how you'd like to be treated.

How's this; treat me the way you'd like to be treated, unless you know better. Savvy?

True, but most people we come into contact with we do not know at all and the contact is brief.
11-09-2014, 09:35 PM
(10-09-2014 01:07 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  8) A Lanister always pays his debts.
...I have broken all of these.

Bastard!

[Image: BN-DE113_dinkla_E_20140610104910.jpg]