Your religion is full of lies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2015, 11:18 AM
RE: Your religion is full of lies
"Kids under ten don't go to hell if they die."

I know for it to be a lie you kind of have to assume hell is an actual thing, but it's not in their book, so it just screams "Making up whatever the hell we want for the sole purpose of making us feel better so we don't need to accept the absolutely horrible implications of our religion!".

Also, it kind of implies anyone ever comes into their religion after the age of ten.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like CleverUsername's post
04-01-2015, 11:21 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2015 11:25 AM by Reltzik.)
(04-01-2015 10:02 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  My favorite lie from the atheist religion is that they know what doesn't exist in an incomprehensibly huge arena which they can't define. That's a good fibber, don't you think?

Sooo....

Wait.

Wait.

.... waaaait....

... why is it necessary to check every last place in an incomprehensibly large universe to disprove the existence of something that's supposed to be omnipresent? Isn't that a bit like demanding a room-by-room search of a building for something that will be in every last room if it's in any of them? You just check one room and if it's not there you're done.

(Also, atheism doesn't believe that, you douche. Quit lying about what other people believe. If your position had any strength you could defend it as honestly presented.)

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
04-01-2015, 11:39 AM
(04-01-2015 11:17 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 11:16 AM)Ace Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/user/AntiCitizenX/videos

atheism is a religion just like bald is a hair color Yes

Bald is the new blonde.

Yeah...and fifty is the new sixty [Image: 301.gif]

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
04-01-2015, 11:40 AM
We have genesis, the entire creation myth (all lies) but to be fair to the people who wrote it, they might have seen it that way.
A dirt man and a rib woman who instantly know a language and are adults. (Ya, that can't be true)

The flood, the ark, all the animals.

The parting of red sea
Moses, Virgin Mary, Jesus (all lies)

People rising from the dead (ok, there are instances of people who are dead for a short time) but coming up out of graves and walking around as zombies.
Nope. That's a lie.

The sun being still in the sky would mean the earth stopped spinning and orbiting the sun. People would instantly burn up in the atmosphere from traveling 30,000+ mph (figures may vary depending on latitude)

With so many lies, it truly is a miracle that anyone believes at all.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
04-01-2015, 11:42 AM
(04-01-2015 11:39 AM)gofish! Wrote:  Yeah...and fifty is the new sixty [Image: 301.gif]

Hey! I kind of resemble that remark!

*Shakes walking frame* Tongue

Much cheers to all .
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
04-01-2015, 11:48 AM
(04-01-2015 10:02 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  My favorite lie from the atheist religion is that they know what doesn't exist in an incomprehensibly huge arena which they can't define. That's a good fibber, don't you think?
False characterization of the claims of most atheists.

Many atheists will, as a semantic shortcut, say, "there is no god" in the same sense that you would say, "there is no tooth fairy". If pressed, you would admit that you have not scoured the entire universe and all of time for tooth fairies; your true position is that you don't see any evidence for tooth fairies and therefore have no reason to believe that they exist, even a little.
[+] 3 users Like mordant's post
04-01-2015, 12:23 PM

We need not go scouring the universe for evidence of something that doesn't exist. That's the job of theists who claim there is such a thing. Good luck. The truth is that gods, all of the gods ever worshiped, do exist in the imaginations of believers and that is the only place they exist. I know this because gods are indistinguishable from something that is imaginary.

To answer the OP, the greatest lie told by mystics is that a consciousness has metaphysical primacy over existence. That is a good fibber, don't you think.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 3 users Like true scotsman's post
04-01-2015, 12:24 PM
(04-01-2015 11:39 AM)gofish! Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 11:17 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Bald is the new blonde.

Yeah...and fifty is the new sixty [Image: 301.gif]

Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-01-2015, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2015 01:23 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(04-01-2015 11:21 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Sooo....

Wait.

Wait.

.... waaaait....

... why is it necessary to check every last place in an incomprehensibly large universe to disprove the existence of something that's supposed to be omnipresent? Isn't that a bit like demanding a room-by-room search of a building for something that will be in every last room if it's in any of them? You just check one room and if it's not there you're done.

(Also, atheism doesn't believe that, you douche. Quit lying about what other people believe. If your position had any strength you could defend it as honestly presented.)

Was thinking about this bullshit that The Grand Vizier Bozo dropped out of his ass, as it's come up here a lot. Here's what I came up with so far :

Everyone on the planet operates on a certain set of assumptions and presumptions.
The information available to humans is so vast today, (until bio-machine libraries are implanted into human brains and connected to nerve-brain systems ... which will happen probably in about 50 years, as the nano-technology/connections to do that is already in the works), that we generally get information from pretty much the same sources .. news, books, word of mouth, etc. etc. etc. So where do these come from, and what happens to incoming information ? Information is received and enters through a "filter" of experience, and sorted by what is perceived as "important". First, threats to present continued well-being are dealt with, (ie the need for food and safety). Then there is a hierarchy of other ways individuals sort incoming information. The assumption in what the Grand Bozo has stated would be that somehow there might exist "out there" some *amazing* piece of information which might possibly *come in* which (even he admits), neither he, nor anyone else *has* at this point, which might trump every other piece of information that has "come in" to the *filter* in billions of years of the existence of the universe.

While it is true that 95 % of Reality, is, at this point, "not understood", (ie Dark Energy and Dark Matter), its EFFECT (on us) IS KNOWN. *Knowing* about what it is, (or is not), is not going to change the way the universe operates, or have any appreciable effect on the way the human race lives out its life.

Humans cooked up religious systems for a variety of reasons, pretty much all of which are now trumped by our understandings of the way human brains work. These systems are no longer helpful.

The Grand Bozo HIMSELF has in place a "filter" by which HE ALSO filters out information in the very same way non-religious people do it. HE functions NO DIFFERENTLY (whatsoever) in ANY WAY, from the way those he he criticizes, do it.
He's a hypocrite. He's operating NO differently than any other human operates. He asserts he's special. He is not special, or different.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
04-01-2015, 01:54 PM
(04-01-2015 11:48 AM)mordant Wrote:  ....your true position is that you don't see any evidence for tooth fairies and therefore have no reason to believe that they exist, even a little.

I've already proven the existence of the Invisible Pink Unicorn, right here on this forum. Thus, I don't feel obligated to do it again for the tooth fairy.

Look it up. Invisible Pink Unicorn. Proven. Well, kinda!