Your religious score

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2014, 03:46 AM
Your religious score
I would had gotten an 26 or a 27 if I had not answered a couple stupidly.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2011/0105/A...bath-begin

I ended up getting a 24 which is 75%. If this was a college paper, I would had passed.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2014, 04:00 AM
RE: Your religious score
30/32 - 94%

The only two I missed where specific names of people; an apparently Jewish figure I'd never heard of before, and the preacher associated with the Great Awakening.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
18-06-2014, 04:06 AM
This test has come up before in a different format.

I wasn't too happy with the site's explanation:
Quote:Some might disagree with Pew's characterization of atheism and agnosticism. Strictly speaking, atheism is the belief that God does not exist. Agnosticism, a term coined in 1869 by English biologist T.H. Huxley, is the belief that the existence of God is unknowable.
The quiz question had a better definition of 'atheist' although the Huxley bit above is better that the quiz's.

Dodgy

18-06-2014, 04:07 AM
(18-06-2014 04:00 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  30/32 - 94%

The only two I missed where specific names of people; an apparently Jewish figure I'd never heard of before, and the preacher associated with the Great Awakening.

yeah, some of those were the ones I never heard of before.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
18-06-2014, 04:09 AM
(18-06-2014 04:06 AM)DLJ Wrote:  This test has come up before in a different format.

I wasn't too happy with the site's explanation:
Quote:Some might disagree with Pew's characterization of atheism and agnosticism. Strictly speaking, atheism is the belief that God does not exist. Agnosticism, a term coined in 1869 by English biologist T.H. Huxley, is the belief that the existence of God is unknowable.
The quiz question had a better definition of 'atheist' although the Huxley bit above is better that the quiz's.

Dodgy

Agreed. Nothing like perpetuating the stereotype than by misrepresenting it in the survey. Facepalm

18-06-2014, 04:13 AM
I got four wrong; pretty good for a guy with practically no record of religious instruction.

I first one I got wrong was "Which of the following best describes Catholic teaching about the bread and wine used for Communion?"

How am I supposed to know that catholics are so crazy as to thing the bread and wine literally became the body and blood of a two thousand year old dead man!

I though they were a little smarter than that!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
18-06-2014, 04:26 AM
(18-06-2014 04:13 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I got four wrong; pretty good for a guy with practically no record of religious instruction.

I first one I got wrong was "Which of the following best describes Catholic teaching about the bread and wine used for Communion?"

How am I supposed to know that catholics are so crazy as to thing the bread and wine literally became the body and blood of a two thousand year old dead man!

I though they were a little smarter than that!

Dude, that was the easiest one! That's one of the funniest things about Catholics! Their whole Transubstantiation bullshit, with crackers and wine becoming literal blood and flesh. Laughat

Technically, Catholics are cannibals. Evil_monster

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-06-2014, 04:28 AM
(18-06-2014 04:13 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I though they were a little smarter than that!

I thought you were a little smarter than that Smartass

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
18-06-2014, 04:40 AM
(18-06-2014 04:28 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-06-2014 04:13 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I though they were a little smarter than that!

I thought you were a little smarter than that Smartass

So did I.... Sadcryface

Weeping

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
18-06-2014, 04:52 AM
Will they ever make one that isn't for Americans only? Dodgy

24/30, 75%

This wasn't really a religious quiz, it was a quiz mostly about Christianity and Islam and the denominations of Christianity that are most common in the US, as well as US laws about religion.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post