Your responses to religious door knocking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Your responses to religious door knocking
Well, it happened this morning!

For the first time since I've lived at this address( been here 2 years now), I opened the door only to be greeted by, yes, you guessed it, Mormons!

After he had said he would like to give me some wonderful literature on jeebus, I simply replied to him, "I'm going to have to say no!"
They looked at me for a moment, wondering whether they would press it further, and I'd say, by the look on their faces, they decided otherwise and said "Okay, thank you and have a nice day".
On reflection I know I could've really screwed with them but I really just didn't want to waste my time plus I didn't want them inside my home cos then I have to disinfect everything!! Big Grin

A few years ago (living somewhere else) we used to get them calling all the time and at one particular time they caught me in a very bad mood.
I opened the door, saw who it was and said, "Fuck off" and slammed the door. Later I felt sorry for them (as I'm not generally so rude to people) but it was too late for retraction. On the up-side, I didn't get them calling again at that address.

So, what are your experiences with this???

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
30-03-2012, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2012 07:39 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Your responses to religious door knocking
(30-03-2012 08:48 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  Well, it happened this morning!

For the first time since I've lived at this address( been here 2 years now), I opened the door only to be greeted by, yes, you guessed it, Mormons!

After he had said he would like to give me some wonderful literature on jeebus, I simply replied to him, "I'm going to have to say no!"
They looked at me for a moment, wondering whether they would press it further, and I'd say, by the look on their faces, they decided otherwise and said "Okay, thank you and have a nice day".
On reflection I know I could've really screwed with them but I really just didn't want to waste my time plus I didn't want them inside my home cos then I have to disinfect everything!! Big Grin

A few years ago (living somewhere else) we used to get them calling all the time and at one particular time they caught me in a very bad mood.
I opened the door, saw who it was and said, "Fuck off" and slammed the door. Later I felt sorry for them (as I'm not generally so rude to people) but it was too late for retraction. On the up-side, I didn't get them calling again at that address.

God created peep holes for a reason. Tongue
I also "religiously" knock on doors before entering a room. It's just common courtesy. Now I have to *pray* AND knock at the same time ? Why can't anything just be simple ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
30-03-2012, 08:52 PM
(30-03-2012 08:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 08:48 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  Well, it happened this morning!

God created peep holes for a reason. Tongue
Yes, well, the bastards who put our peep-hole in made it too high (I'm 5ft 2ins)!!

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
30-03-2012, 09:05 PM
I'd hire a midget to go out and hump their leg.
[+] 1 user Likes justmetoo's post
30-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Last time I told the ladies that appeared at my door that I would listen to them if they could give me a good reason why their God saw fit to give me cancer (I had just been diagnosed). I told them that their god had never been there for me in the past and I didn't figure he was going to show up then either...I think I was black-listed...they were my last visitors from the God Squad.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
31-03-2012, 04:11 AM
Jehovas witnesses are quite ramapant around my neck of the woods. I have had discussions with them and they allways refer to the "book"

On one occasion I asked them not to refer to the "book" in conversation and they couldnt do it..... I called them weak and brainwashed which they surprisingly didnt like. Thumbsup

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
31-03-2012, 04:28 AM
I used to be free of them, got them twice this week.
I hope they will quit after easter!

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
31-03-2012, 06:35 AM
12 year old me alone at home one a saturday morning.
Jehova's Witnesses at the door.
"hi blabla we would like to leave you this magazine" (watchtower)
me "no thanks, we have that one"
weird looks of them "oh maybe that was one of out other members, do you have this one?"
me "we have that one, too"
*repeat that 3 more times"
they "well then. thanks anyway, bye"

they never rang at our door again.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-03-2012, 06:49 AM
(31-03-2012 06:35 AM)Leela Wrote:  12 year old me alone at home one a saturday morning.
Jehova's Witnesses at the door.
"hi blabla we would like to leave you this magazine" (watchtower)
me "no thanks, we have that one"
weird looks of them "oh maybe that was one of out other members, do you have this one?"
me "we have that one, too"
*repeat that 3 more times"
they "well then. thanks anyway, bye"

they never rang at our door again.
I've had the exact same problem, I don't know what it is about Jehovah's Witnesses, but their attitude to being told no seems to be quite aggressive.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
31-03-2012, 10:14 AM
I politely decline....usually don't have repeat appearances. No need to be unkind to them--they're humans. However while doing laundry this morning they'd left 3 magazines in the complex laundry room, so I ripped them up & threw 'em away before anyone could succcumb to the brainwashing.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user