Your responses to religious door knocking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2012, 08:12 PM
RE: Your responses to religious door knocking
(31-03-2012 10:21 AM)lucradis Wrote:  There hasn't been much door knocking in my city since I was just a kid. Guess too many people got either yelled at or punched in the face.
When I was younger two nicely dressed people came to my door and against my better judgement I answered.
After a rather infuriating argument with them hey left in a huff. Never to return.

Now we get the sneak tactics where they accidentally leave pamphlets all over the place. Even inside of kids library books. Good times.

I don't feel like being a militant atheist anymore even though I really dislike organized religion but one thing I would still like to do is counter pamphlets. Leave them in churches and what have you so they get upset and I can whip out the hypocrite card.

I'd knock on doors but that's just annoying and Christians aren't usually the most accepting people so I'd likely get into a scuffle or two before the day was done.

I think we discussed this somewhere here before. I would love to do this! I've worked in graphics design making pamphlets, announcement cards and such and think when I have some time I'm going to whip some up. It would be good to have a website to refer to as well for further inquiry (TTA would be good but it'd have to be somewhere comfortable with being associated with a hand out). If I did it in a simple 4X6 it could be printed anywhere and I could send it via email if anyone else wanted a go. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
31-03-2012, 08:16 PM
I think I'm the opposite to most of you. I rarely get JW's but I would be happy to invite them in and discuss their views with them. I'm not the most knowledgeable guy but I think that when you are facing an idea with so many gaping holes it gives you a massive advantage.

I can't really do that though because I still live with my parents and my Mum HATES it when people come knocking to spread their religion (even though she's a Christian). I'd probably be homeless if I started inviting them in.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
01-04-2012, 06:10 AM
When them fools usta knock on my door, they'd never get a word in edgewise. Now I'm in Massachusetts; place is fulla atheists. They don't knock on doors. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2012, 07:26 AM
I remember this one time, I was alone in my house, around 15 or 16 years old, some mormons came and I let them in, it was so fun because they were really ignorant and I was really nerdy so I started to question everything that came out of their mouths, in the end they were so pissed off they told me they would never come back to that house. When they were leaving my parents were just arriving home and saw the mormons leaving angry and myself with my best troll face on. They asked me what happened, I told them they said they'll never come back, my mom made a cake for me that night Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 7 users Like nach_in's post
01-04-2012, 08:32 AM
(31-03-2012 07:02 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  I remember a few years back there was a huge uproar (I think it was in Sydney) about two JW's that had been asked in to a young man's apartment and they had been served a cup of tea and biscuits but they weren't just biscuits, they were hash cookies!! Yes
For whoever doesn't know, it takes an hour or so for them to take effect. They would've had a very interesting afternoon, I'd say Big Grin
The JW's tried to press charges against the guy but I think, in the end, the charges were dropped. They said they thought they were going to die! Yeh, right No
Most of the people I talked to, after the event, thought it was freakin hilarious.

I was thinking more along the lines of less sending me to jail and more completely messing with them in a legal way.Big Grin

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
01-04-2012, 08:11 PM
(01-04-2012 08:32 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(31-03-2012 07:02 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  I remember a few years back there was a huge uproar (I think it was in Sydney) about two JW's that had been asked in to a young man's apartment and they had been served a cup of tea and biscuits but they weren't just biscuits, they were hash cookies!! Yes
For whoever doesn't know, it takes an hour or so for them to take effect. They would've had a very interesting afternoon, I'd say Big Grin
The JW's tried to press charges against the guy but I think, in the end, the charges were dropped. They said they thought they were going to die! Yeh, right No
Most of the people I talked to, after the event, thought it was freakin hilarious.

I was thinking more along the lines of less sending me to jail and more completely messing with them in a legal way.Big Grin
Yeh, it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do....but still funny Wink

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
09-08-2012, 05:32 AM
(31-03-2012 06:35 AM)Leela Wrote:  12 year old me alone at home one a saturday morning.
Jehova's Witnesses at the door.
"hi blabla we would like to leave you this magazine" (watchtower)
me "no thanks, we have that one"
weird looks of them "oh maybe that was one of out other members, do you have this one?"
me "we have that one, too"
*repeat that 3 more times"
they "well then. thanks anyway, bye"

they never rang at our door again.

I would have said "Thanks, we could use more toilet paper.".
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
09-08-2012, 05:42 AM
My wife and I just moved into a new house a few months ago. So far no visits, but I welcome the chance to convert a few more believers into non-believers. I also invited 3 of them in when I was about 17 years old. I was home alone that day and had an answer for everything they said. I was able to convince them to allow me to reference the computer, since they kept using their holy book. I was able to shake the belief right out of the girl and put at least one of the guys on the border. I saw the chick a year later and she thanked me for opening her eyes, and she told me that my house was permanently off limits to the rest of them. Amazing how your own parents will dis-own you for religious reasons. I wouldn't put it passed some of them to kill their own kids if they thought their god told them to. Not all, but some of the real whack jobs.
09-08-2012, 08:23 AM
Last time I had people visit my door was when I had surgery last month and the Mormons knocked on the door and came in the room. I was so out of it, but I was able to read in small print "Church of Latter-Day Saints" in small print on their name badges. I just looked at them like "really? you come into patients rooms who are on morphine to see how they are?" I was too busy trying to see who they were, even though when I looked up and saw two "men" in nice clothing I instantly thought "great, Mormons". Granted my surgeon (and the other main surgeon) are Mormon, but still I wondered why they, of all the ministers and churches in the town that have space in the hospital, decided to come to my room. It's not like they ever asked my religion at the hospital or anything.

They left in a short while after my mother talked to them. I just sat there staring.
09-08-2012, 08:29 AM
The last time I got visited by Jehova's Witnesses was 8 years ago. We asked them politely to never visit us again and rejected their offers of attending at a Bible study course. They accepted it and so far, they kept their promise of never coming to our house again.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]