Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2014, 06:46 AM
RE: Your single omnipotent act?
(04-07-2014 06:36 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(04-07-2014 04:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  I already did. Drinking Beverage
Yeah, but only after I did. Laugh out load

Yeah, what's that about? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-07-2014, 07:05 AM
(03-07-2014 10:58 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Let's say that a GOD ( of whatever kind you wish ) or an Alien species with Technology far beyond our understanding that has reached into the Continuum as their technology. Or some other living being we cannot understand or know of that exists.

Arbitrarily gave you the power to make one Omnipotent act of your choosing.

Once you do the one single thing which ( cannot be abused in any way, which means you cannot become permanent omnipotent or do more then one single thing ) you lose your power forever.

SO! Let's say you get one single Omnipotent act. What would you do with it?

I know exactly what I would do if I had the God like power to do whatever I wanted!

I would call down the righteous wrath of CHEESE FOR EVERYONE! Then Cheese would rain down from the sky wherever people live for a few moments. Cheese of every variety and every age and taste. From Your Basic 2 year old aged white sharp chedder and Buffalo Mozzarella to Mango Sunrise Goats Milk Cheese and even those super rare and hard to find smelly cheese like Limburger or that Maggot cheese that is suppose to be tasty for some people but illegal at the same time.

What reality, logic and physics defying thing would YOU want to do with your one potent thing?

I would make everybody happy, no matter what.
04-07-2014, 07:23 AM
(03-07-2014 10:58 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Let's say that a GOD ( of whatever kind you wish ) or an Alien species with Technology far beyond our understanding that has reached into the Continuum as their technology. Or some other living being we cannot understand or know of that exists.

Arbitrarily gave you the power to make one Omnipotent act of your choosing.

Once you do the one single thing which ( cannot be abused in any way, which means you cannot become permanent omnipotent or do more then one single thing ) you lose your power forever.

SO! Let's say you get one single Omnipotent act. What would you do with it?

I know exactly what I would do if I had the God like power to do whatever I wanted!

I would call down the righteous wrath of CHEESE FOR EVERYONE! Then Cheese would rain down from the sky wherever people live for a few moments. Cheese of every variety and every age and taste. From Your Basic 2 year old aged white sharp chedder and Buffalo Mozzarella to Mango Sunrise Goats Milk Cheese and even those super rare and hard to find smelly cheese like Limburger or that Maggot cheese that is suppose to be tasty for some people but illegal at the same time.

What reality, logic and physics defying thing would YOU want to do with your one potent thing?

I was just thinking about this yesterday while I was working. I would wipe out of existence the concept of "sacrifice" and all memory of it, either of one's self to others or of other's to one's self. I think that one concept has caused more suffering and death than all diseases and calamities combined.

But now that someone brought up a bacon and money tree........Maybe a bacon, money and rice krispies treats tree.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
04-07-2014, 07:52 AM
(04-07-2014 07:23 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  But now that someone brought up a bacon and money tree........Maybe a bacon, money and rice krispies treats tree.

That's what I'm talking about!

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
04-07-2014, 07:53 AM
Maybe something a bit more subtle would suffice, a ten-fold increase in which we could naturally heal or ten-fold increase in our natural resistance to diseases.

The elimination of suffering would not be optimal, but the minimizing of it could be.

IDK, I think I would have to contemplate this a great deal....

Nah, f-it! Free bacon and cake for everyone!!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
04-07-2014, 08:07 AM
I'd preform the miracle that tops all miracles on live television for the world to see and claim to be the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Then I'd start inventing new and ridiculous commandments that they had to follow or be damned to hell.

"Thou must don a pink tutu whilst in gods house on Sunday"

I feel like theists spend so much time praying for a better life after death, they don't fully appreciate or enjoy the one they have now.
[+] 1 user Likes nbberm2's post
04-07-2014, 09:16 AM
Hmmm....

I'm really torn. Probably create an inexhaustible supply of potable water in Africa available anywhere on the continent.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
04-07-2014, 09:39 AM
What, no Cubs fans here? Tongue

Along with bacon, money, and krispies trees, we'll need rivers of beer. Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post