"Your" team? Hardly.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2015, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 08:42 PM by Chas.)
RE: "Your" team? Hardly.
(02-02-2015 04:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(02-02-2015 03:39 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I would have to think some in depth psychology has been done on the history of athletic events and human nature's fascination of them. I don't think it's a coincidence that the most popular sports are usually the most violent.

I was about to agree except that futbol/soccer is the most popular sport in the world. Sure there’s the occasional hit but nothing like rugby or American football.

Yeah, it's just the fans who are violent. Tongue

[Image: _59991631_013422552-1.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-02-2015, 09:37 PM
What’s the old joke about I went to a boxing match and a hockey game broke out in the stands?

Fans is short for fanatics Gasp

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
02-02-2015, 11:59 PM
(02-02-2015 08:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-02-2015 04:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I was about to agree except that futbol/soccer is the most popular sport in the world. Sure there’s the occasional hit but nothing like rugby or American football.

Yeah, it's just the fans who are violent. Tongue

[Image: _59991631_013422552-1.jpg]

The problem is that it is stereotyping like this that leads to travesties like Hillsborough. Dodgy

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
03-02-2015, 12:43 AM
Bill Maher dealt with this some years ago.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
03-02-2015, 12:59 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2015 01:04 AM by gofish!.)
(03-02-2015 12:43 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  Bill Maher dealt with this some years ago.

I like Bill Maher on many topics but I don't see this supporting anything other than the observation that some sports fans are fanatical.

Some.

Not all.

When you say "all" you stereotype.

And when one ignores one's own affiliations when doing so, as I suspect the OP has, one veers into hypocrisy.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.