Your top 3 most hated logical fallacies.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2014, 05:43 PM
RE: Your top 3 most hated logical fallacies.
If I were to select another 3.

ambiguity

Black or White

and false cause can sometimes be really annoying too.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2014, 01:18 PM
I tend to hate when people claim the "No True Scotsman" phallacy. The different denominations of Christianity are so incredibly different that there is almost no shared doctrine. Some Christians go to church, some have never said a prayer; some believe Jesus was God, some don't, some question whether he even exists, Some believe Christianity to be the only true faith while others think it's only one amongst equals. I feel as though using guilt by association works about as effectively against Christians as it does Atheists.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
08-07-2014, 01:20 PM
(08-07-2014 01:18 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  I tend to hate when people claim the "No True Scotsman" phallacy. The different denominations of Christianity are so incredibly different that there is almost no shared doctrine. Some Christians go to church, some have never said a prayer; some believe Jesus was God, some don't, some question whether he even exists, Some believe Christianity to be the only true faith while others think it's only one amongst equals. I feel as though using guilt by association works about as effectively against Christians as it does Atheists.

It only becomes an issue when it is combined with the Ad populum argument. IE: America is a christian nation/Christianity is the worlds largest religion and they they use the No true scotsman card.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense