Your ugliest character trait

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2011, 01:17 PM
RE: Your ugliest character trait
Defensiveness can sometimes be unattractive, or might as easily be disguised as something that looks nice and really isn't. There are so many versions.
Making faces is the ugliest method i use, or the verbal equivalent: snide, dismissive or sarcastic put-downs.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2011, 01:31 PM
(20-11-2011 01:03 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  You don't think so? It causes a lot of pain for those around me when I sacrifice more than I should. How about this one. As are most people who had childhood traumas I'm two-faced. When I'm depressed I bring forth my aggression and attack those I know verbally. I am extremely good at it and can cause long time harm in an attempt to push everyone away.
I guess I understand it now. You have a high flashpoint but explode instead of burn...

(20-11-2011 01:17 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  Defensiveness can sometimes be unattractive, or might as easily be disguised as something that looks nice and really isn't. There are so many versions.
Making faces is the ugliest method i use, or the verbal equivalent: snide, dismissive or sarcastic put-downs.
Especially when your victim is less intelligent then you are...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
20-11-2011, 01:40 PM

Just to add a quote to my previous post that I am often reminded of by my recurring mistakes:

as Napoleon said of the Bourbons: "...they never forget, and they never learn" Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Zatamon's post
20-11-2011, 01:45 PM
I can't pick just one. I'm aggressive and I like to solve problems as they happen which is a bad combo when with someone who is more passive and likes to solve problems later.
I'm critical. I'm a little controlling due I think to my first thing. I say first think later. I rarely feel empathy. Or sympathy. I crack wise sometimes t the expense of others.... Usually at the expense of others. I am intolerant. I do not suffer fools. I believe myself to be the best psychoanalyst there ever was. I do not hide my feelings. I do not hide the truth unless I must. I am easy to anger and slow to cool. I have a sordid past. I regret little. I am borderline split personality when it comes to my left and right brain. I am a liberal humanist and a fascist. Yikes. Anyone else surprised they aren't single? I better get my lady something cool to make up for me.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
20-11-2011, 02:00 PM
(20-11-2011 01:45 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I can't pick just one. I'm aggressive and I like to solve problems as they happen which is a bad combo when with someone who is more passive and likes to solve problems later.
I'm critical. I'm a little controlling due I think to my first thing. I say first think later. I rarely feel empathy. Or sympathy. I crack wise sometimes t the expense of others.... Usually at the expense of others. I am intolerant. I do not suffer fools. I believe myself to be the best psychoanalyst there ever was. I do not hide my feelings. I do not hide the truth unless I must. I am easy to anger and slow to cool. I have a sordid past. I regret little. I am borderline split personality when it comes to my left and right brain. I am a liberal humanist and a fascist. Yikes. Anyone else surprised they aren't single? I better get my lady something cool to make up for me.
And you lie every time? Wink

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
20-11-2011, 02:41 PM
(20-11-2011 12:34 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I'm selfless. If it's an answer to a problem I will always sacrifice myself.
Wrong answer. Big Grin

Selflessness is to have no self. What you have is love. Love is unconditional; it is a positive moral neutral, so your morality will not keep you out of this kind of trouble. It's the iridium update for you!

To thine own self be true.

Which means you should define the terms above in the context of your identity; take that software and upgrade your morality. Takes a little bit of work, but it works; did it to this unit. Wink

...and btw, my sin is intellectual arrogance, obviously. Big Grin

A poet and a naive philosopher without intellectual arrogance? That'll be dead. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
20-11-2011, 03:02 PM

(20-11-2011 02:41 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  ...and btw, my sin is intellectual arrogance, obviously. Big Grin

A poet and a naive philosopher without intellectual arrogance? That'll be dead. Big Grin

....add to it, Cantor, incomprehensibility for most of us, most of the time.

Don't take me wrong, I think you are brilliant, imaginative, creative, with incredible depth and vision, however, you write in shorthand squiggles, without providing a translation cipher, without which most of us are often lost.

I guess that also comes from intellectual arrogance but, judging by the number of posts you have made in a short time, it is important to you to communicate.

So why not humour the rest of us and be a bit more patient an go in baby steps for those of us who can't always follow your leaps and bounds?

I would really like that.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Zatamon's post
20-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Being selfless is not a literal term and it's not love. That I can't find a reason for anything to have to suffer for my benefit is not out of a love of everything else it's out of an abhorrence of living. I stand by it being an awful trait

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
20-11-2011, 03:32 PM
I have a fear of my own libido and I think it went into hiding.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
20-11-2011, 04:28 PM
(20-11-2011 03:32 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I have a fear of my own libido and I think it went into hiding.

Another post fundamentalist trait.

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
[+] 1 user Likes defacto7's post