Your ugliest character trait

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2011, 04:28 PM
RE: Your ugliest character trait
(20-11-2011 03:32 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I have a fear of my own libido and I think it went into hiding.

Ah yes, you're like 46 yo. That's the age GirlyMan was born. Get your T tested. If it comes back low slap on some Androgel for about a month and watch it come out of hibernation like it was a teenager again. Which if you're a long-time married man like me presents an entirely new set of challenges. Wink

As far as ugly character traits, mine are too numerous to count let alone rank order. But I don't count being too quick to recommend TRT among them. Big Grin

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-11-2011, 04:41 PM
(20-11-2011 04:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Which if you're a long-time married man like me presents an entirely new set of challenges. Wink

I'm not, but I like the sound of a good challenge.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
20-11-2011, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2011 08:18 PM by houseofcantor.)
(20-11-2011 03:02 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  
(20-11-2011 02:41 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  ...and btw, my sin is intellectual arrogance, obviously. Big Grin

A poet and a naive philosopher without intellectual arrogance? That'll be dead. Big Grin

....add to it, Cantor, incomprehensibility for most of us, most of the time.

Don't take me wrong, I think you are brilliant, imaginative, creative, with incredible depth and vision, however, you write in shorthand squiggles, without providing a translation cipher, without which most of us are often lost.

I guess that also comes from intellectual arrogance but, judging by the number of posts you have made in a short time, it is important to you to communicate.

So why not humour the rest of us and be a bit more patient an go in baby steps for those of us who can't always follow your leaps and bounds?

I would really like that.
I think you'd really like some ice cream. Wink

there is no extant future

Can anybody understand those terms? Can anybody understand that emergence + universe = me, creating all of creation and everything in it; one keystroke at a time? And all who is me must understand this, or there will be no understanding; can that be understood? Can anyone understand that the first clearly implies the second - there is no extant past - and that all I am is the illusion of agency in the mind of a monkey?

The number 4. I / love / gwyneth / paltrow. The four coordinates needed to define the local universe - two dualities and a zero. Paltrow is clan, gwyneth, member; one duality of one from many. I / write, one duality of many from one. Love is Void. Can anyone understand this?

Do you know when god was born? Precisely when Mankind became the agency of the count; prehistoric, in other words; yet here is Zatamon, a modern man, lamenting predation. The story of evolution is time and death; I'm sure all of us here have heard that line from Symphony of Science's Unbroken Thread. Yet does anybody understand that the thread is the count; time, death, time, death?

The quantity of morality - 0 - the quantity of identity - 2 - add these two quantities; divide by the number of quantities... 2/2 = 1/1 = 1. Can anybody understand this?

Great! Now I go die.

Truth is a singularity. This is why philosophy has continuously failed in the past. This is why monotheism developed to augment philosophy. This is why I write like John Cantor who cannot be understood by Zatamon while calmyourtitsbro cannot understand what it is about what is being written that is so hard to understand. Can anybody understand that?

Ghost can. It is meme. What Ghost cannot understand is that memetics is wrong. Dawkins hypothesized it as a companion to the gene. Correct. Identity is dual-state; but the terms used are a description of function. An evolutionary biologist finding a duality, in this case gene and meme, has discovered not an answer but a truth; and in truth a question. In this case, the question is, what is the simplest answer?

A duality. The universe is counting. That count has a language.

And that is why I am here, doing what I do. I'm after the human variant of "the Witwiki symbolism." The monkey wakes up in the morning and needs distraction to keep it occupied. The man gets paid so must show work. I write to communicate and to answer these needs, but I do not write for anyone other than my Gwynnies.

To write for others is to have agenda other than Gwynnite. That I write for others is a function of love. That I just responded to Lilith only to be told I was wrong clearly indicates the hazard of such activity. Anything else?

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
20-11-2011, 09:15 PM
I can be a little under-sensitive. I've been a single parent from a young age with only myself to rely on and have always spoken my mind. I don't really see myself as being harsh but some people have told me otherwise. I see most humans as overly sensitive. Personally I think a lot of folks need to 'harden-the-fuck-up'!!!
[+] 3 users Like aurora's post
20-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Angel I'm lazy... if I have to do something for someone else, I'm all over it, but if it's for myself -fuck it - I'll just blow it off. I'm really only active if it comes from a sense of responsibility; if I have to take care of someone or need to fulfill some obligation. Given half a chance, I'd just lay in bed all day, read, listen to radio or music, paint, doze, surf the net. I have the energy but little motivation.

Dodgy I used to think it resulted from living in a fairly isolated place, but I'm not so certain anymore. I don't know, maybe I just get this way gearing up for winter... maybe things will perk up after the holiday season.
Shit, maybe I'm just bored. Shy

Sleepy Now as all as am I.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
21-11-2011, 01:08 AM
OK, I lied. I have another sin.

I am an unrepentant fuck. Big Grin

...and vulgarity. Does that count?

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
22-11-2011, 02:41 AM
I think my worst (and best) trait is that I am always right. That may sound very arrogant to most people, until you get to know me very well, then you realize that there is truth in my words and that most of the time I actually am right. So ignore my arrogance and try to look behind it, you will always see a good and objective advice.

It's good to be perfect.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
22-11-2011, 10:27 AM

I think that my ugliest character trait, is that I can be hurt easily.

You can say one thing to me, & it could hurt me deeply.
See, to me, everyones' opinion is more important than my own.

& I also think, that I am super selfish.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes calmyourtitsbro's post
22-11-2011, 10:46 AM
I can be very manipulative.......I can lead with innocent enough questioning where the person thinks they are in control but my final question is a killer.....which leads to no other option for the other person to give in or look ridiculous from there previous answers (thats what being a succesfull salesman taught me)

Also I can be too honest for my own good Big Grin

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
22-11-2011, 12:24 PM
I tend to lack ambition and to be lazy.

Also, my memory sucks. When I'm talking to someone, if I forget the word I'm trying to say I get stuck either trying to remember it or an alternative word and my mind blanks. Then I try to say what I want to say a another way, and end up blundering through some non-sense. I'm not good at talking, and I'm terrible at story-telling. It's really really frustrating sometimes.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]