Your ugliest character trait

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2011, 03:19 PM
RE: Your ugliest character trait
Hmmm… Could be a long list…

I suffer fools not one iota, to the point of becoming very cold and unapproachable.
If someone simply doesn’t know then that’s fine, if they want to know and if I can help I will.
But people who lack the capability to learn I’ll keep at arms length.
And I can be very cutting to make sure they know their place.

I can be a little hypocritical at times.
I often shrug it off with “nothing personal, just double standards”
Or though I do try not to be.

I have a tendency of occasionally taking an immediate dislike to someone and then never giving them a chance.
In my defence 99% of the time I’m right to do so.
But I do feel bad from time to time about doing it.
Well, I feel bad for the 1% I wrongly categorized anyway.

Arrogance, if you’re running low on it then PM me as I have loads and can top you up any time you need it.

That’ll do, I want to keep some of my mystery.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Karl's post
23-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Yeah, my list of uglies is pretty long too. But they say confession is good for the soul (if it exists).

So let's see . . .

I can hold a grudge like the best of 'em. Wrong me and I'll never forget it. Ever.

I can also zone out and go into my head when what people are saying doesn't interest me. So by throwing in a few "uh-huhs" and "rights," I can give you the impression I'm listening to you, when in reality I'm a million miles away. Occasionally I'm found out, when it's time for a substantive comment and I realize I have no idea what you've been saying for the past five minutes.

But my ugliest trait is neglect. People reach out to me and I fail to follow through and hold up my end. Through laziness or inertia or whatever, I let messages go unanswered; kindness is shown to me and I don't always reciprocate. I let existing friendships die and potential ones wither before they can grow.

But I guess you can't improve unless you know what's wrong, right? Confused

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
23-11-2011, 06:00 PM
(21-11-2011 01:08 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  OK, I lied. I have another sin.

I am an unrepentant fuck. Big Grin

...and vulgarity. Does that count?

Vulgarity is a goddam virtue, and so is being an unrepentant fuck.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-11-2011, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2011 08:18 AM by coyoteran.)
(20-11-2011 12:32 PM)defacto7 Wrote:  Excessively detailed long term memory, Too much hard drive and not enough RAM.

I am stealing that...if I can remember it for a day. That describes me to a T. Yesterday I recited a poem I learned in the third grade....39 years ago while forgetting to do a simple errand given to me only hours earlier. Fuck the lord, it's the brain that works in mysterious ways.

As to my ugliest character trait, I am overly aggressive to what I consider to be improper behaviour. I am intolerant of intolerants, the irony of which is not lost on me.

T

Keep living your life. It's the only one you have.
29-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Hmm What is my worst trait among the long list?
I am fairly sure that this one takes the cake.
According to others. I have the tendency to completely ignore another's feelings when commenting on stuff pertaining to them. Not intentionally mind you. I just don't notice that I'm causing harm...then again I wouldn't really care either way.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
30-11-2011, 07:39 PM
My dang "pontificate" button gets stuck!

Hadda put some graphite innit just recently - props to the Zat for the road sign to merge my head out of my ass.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2011, 08:38 PM
I am lazy! I could do so much more than I do, but this new age technology distracts me!
16-12-2011, 09:21 AM
(20-11-2011 12:32 PM)defacto7 Wrote:  When confronted with personal conflict, giving up too soon; retracting to avoid the conflict. It usually ends up some sort of internal flagellation. It's pseudo forgiveness learned from my religious past.

Excessively detailed long term memory, Too much hard drive and not enough RAM.

I'm like this, too. I'm having serious issues with a long-time friend who's disrespectful of my views (to be fair, I'm disrespectful of hers, and seem to be mostly failing at not letting that show). I constantly flip between wanting things to be at peace, if only because we've known each other so long and have in the past meant so much to each other, and writing her off entirely. (Ever seen the Klingons on Star Trek TNG when they declare someone dishonoured? That cross the arms over the chest and turn their back to the person thing? That's what's in my head. ... Yes, I'm a geek.) So it's an irritating back-and-forth that's probably resultant in part from my attempt to not be passive-aggressive (boy, fighting that urge down can be hard!). Pass-agg is bad: Just Say No. Smile

"The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. ... So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today." -- Lawrence Krauss
17-12-2011, 04:58 PM
I go off-topic in real life. I start telling a story or explaining something and then I realize that some detail needs its own explanation and then I explain the detail and then the details of the detail and... what were we talking about?

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 1 user Likes Malleus's post
17-12-2011, 05:21 PM
I have the attention span of toilet paper. I actually get confused when I don't have enough to do or think about. It causes me to appear aloof and uninterested when I am with people. If I am having a somewhat mundane coversation, for example, I have to find something else to occupy me, or else I loose track of the conversation entirely. Just imagine talking to someone, and they turn around and start doing something else, like going on the computer, doing some random carpentry project, or searching for a lost button.

My attention is still with the conversation, but it looks to the other person like I just started ignoring them entirely. I think part of it has to do with schizophrenia, and the fact that I've taught myself to go about daily life all the while having auditory hallucinations. (Yep, you guessed it, I really DO hear voices in my head! LOL)

So many cats, so few good recipes.