Your views on Hypnotherapy,CBT and NLP.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2013, 07:40 AM
Your views on Hypnotherapy,CBT and NLP.
For the last few years I have had an interest in hypnotherapy and psychology in general. I have read a lot of literature and practiced it on friends (with success) and now I have saved up enough money to pay to get qualified and will be enrolling next month. My goals are to get qualified in hypnotherapy, Cognitive behaviour therapy and Neuro-linguistic programming within the next few years. The only thing I will not practise is "past life regressions"

So Im interested to hear people views, opinions or stories on any of these (Hypno, CBT, NLP)

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2013, 09:13 AM
RE: Your views on Hypnotherapy,CBT and NLP.
CBT is well established. I think hypnotherapy is more unreliable and therefore
not practiced as much. Some people use it to get rid of a smoking habit for example
but I am not sure if it has been proven to work reliably.
28-10-2013, 09:15 AM
RE: Your views on Hypnotherapy,CBT and NLP.
I think all of the above need a lot of further development - there is a lot to be learned and explored.

Personally I have always been interested in voluntary behavior modification and everything that may play a role in it.

IMO there is a lot more at play than just the physical processes. My study of psychology is unfortunately totally antiquated and I also have forgotten most specifics of what I learned. It's been 40 years since I studied it and I have not kept up to date except for an occasional foray into something that touched my life somehow.

I think you could easily make your mark in these fields...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man