Your views version your physcian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2016, 11:04 PM
Your views version your physcian
As we all now know pain management has taken a governmental turn believing addiction on the street is the same as chronic pain patients. Finding and being cared for by a pain management physcian is a traumatizing, demeaning, fearful and loss of control event. Add to that being an atheist being treated by an anesthesiologist pain doctor who feels the success of his procedure on a patient depends on his god. As a patient waiting for conscious sedation , nervous since this doctor was the third in a line of pain doctors, in which the other Mideastern's MDs office threatened me by writing patient notes that denoted me as a Chronic Hepatitis C patient and attached to me diagnosis codes of several drug issues. My new doctor was Caucasian American who was trying to decipher the previous doctors notes and their validity or my possible deception.
As I lay on the surgical gurney he informed me that the other doctor had me taking less micrograms patches than I stated. I stated I would present paperwork that showed prescriptions being filled from this original doctor. At that point the anesthesiologist asked me if I believed in god. I was confused but answered, " no." He then asked if I ever believed in god. I informed him years earlier I was a follower of Job along with 5000 teenager girls in 35 states while in the 60s and 70s. I did it to make my mother happy and to fit in my peer group. He informed me he had never heard of the Eastern Star or The Masons who were part of Jobs Daughters. I made it clear that I followed others in my small town school and just couldn't bear to hurt my mom.
The doctor then asked me if I prayed. I explained I was a registered nurse and that if a patient wanted to say a prayer thinking it would make them feel better I assisted them since my job was to make the sick better. I told the doctor if he wanted to pray with his nurses for god to watch over him and make the procedure successful for them that I would not intervene. At that point, without any nurses, he grabbed my hand and recited his own personal prayer.
Although others see this as no big deal, it is necessary to understand how a chronic pain patient fears doctors denying them help and the lowering of pain medicine to the point that living their lives are utterly impossible while in a level of pain that not only depresses them but scares them upon waking each morning. I saw that I had no choice but to go along with the doctor or come under his scrutiny of pain countrol. After coming home and finally waking up discovering my right leg was numb from the injection I proceeded to cry out of frustration and lack of strength of my convictions.
I see this as denting me my patient rights but again, pain patients live an ongoing fearful life.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like cdrocab's post
05-04-2016, 12:00 AM
RE: Your views version your physcian
Who the hell are these doctors???

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
05-04-2016, 12:03 AM
These people need to be told that 'other' Doctors, when denying the right treatment to non-believers, were doing the work of Satan.

They cause you pain ... they will be damned.

Wink

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
05-04-2016, 01:47 AM
Seems to me his taking of the Hippocratic Oath was less than sincere......

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 1 user Likes Silly Deity's post
05-04-2016, 02:11 AM
Unfortunate but chronic pain has a stigma associated with drug seeking behavior in the States, resulting in needless pain, frustration, and suicides.

Personally I think all oral medications (maybe not antibiotics) should be legal for purchase without a prescription. Chronic pain is also a great argument for the legalization of marijuana. But no one asked me, and it's a long ass political rant about why ALL drugs should be legal meant for a different thread.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 11 users Like Nurse's post
05-04-2016, 02:16 AM
(05-04-2016 02:11 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Unfortunate but chronic pain has a stigma associated with drug seeking behavior in the States, resulting in needless pain, frustration, and suicides.

Personally I think all oral medications (maybe not antibiotics) should be legal for purchase without a prescription. Chronic pain is also a great argument for the legalization of marijuana. But no one asked me, and it's a long ass political rant about why ALL drugs should be legal meant for a different thread.

It is the same here. I suffered chronic pain from 96 until 2015 when in hospital for a long period and they could run tests before I was finally taken seriously. 19 years of constant, untreated pain.

It's not just America. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
05-04-2016, 03:52 AM
(04-04-2016 11:04 PM)cdrocab Wrote:  As we all now know pain management has taken a governmental turn believing addiction on the street is the same as chronic pain patients. Finding and being cared for by a pain management physcian is a traumatizing, demeaning, fearful and loss of control event. Add to that being an atheist being treated by an anesthesiologist pain doctor who feels the success of his procedure on a patient depends on his god. As a patient waiting for conscious sedation , nervous since this doctor was the third in a line of pain doctors, in which the other Mideastern's MDs office threatened me by writing patient notes that denoted me as a Chronic Hepatitis C patient and attached to me diagnosis codes of several drug issues. My new doctor was Caucasian American who was trying to decipher the previous doctors notes and their validity or my possible deception.
As I lay on the surgical gurney he informed me that the other doctor had me taking less micrograms patches than I stated. I stated I would present paperwork that showed prescriptions being filled from this original doctor. At that point the anesthesiologist asked me if I believed in god. I was confused but answered, " no." He then asked if I ever believed in god. I informed him years earlier I was a follower of Job along with 5000 teenager girls in 35 states while in the 60s and 70s. I did it to make my mother happy and to fit in my peer group. He informed me he had never heard of the Eastern Star or The Masons who were part of Jobs Daughters. I made it clear that I followed others in my small town school and just couldn't bear to hurt my mom.
The doctor then asked me if I prayed. I explained I was a registered nurse and that if a patient wanted to say a prayer thinking it would make them feel better I assisted them since my job was to make the sick better. I told the doctor if he wanted to pray with his nurses for god to watch over him and make the procedure successful for them that I would not intervene. At that point, without any nurses, he grabbed my hand and recited his own personal prayer.
Although others see this as no big deal, it is necessary to understand how a chronic pain patient fears doctors denying them help and the lowering of pain medicine to the point that living their lives are utterly impossible while in a level of pain that not only depresses them but scares them upon waking each morning. I saw that I had no choice but to go along with the doctor or come under his scrutiny of pain countrol. After coming home and finally waking up discovering my right leg was numb from the injection I proceeded to cry out of frustration and lack of strength of my convictions.
I see this as denting me my patient rights but again, pain patients live an ongoing fearful life.

I am so sorry you're having to deal with this. Do you not have an advocate? Here in OK, there are doctors who put signs in the offices and on their website that they won't do pain management. I found that so strange and didn't understand the concept or position. If you're in pain who else will manage it for you?

The Dr/nurse religion thing is horrible some places but they are VERY careful here because of litigation. I have never been abused in this way. The paperwork you read/fillout/sign has a place to mark if you "prefer" a religion and they will sometimes ask if you have a religious preference that you haven't stated yet but that is the most anyone has ever said to me in a hospital or Drs office and our major hospitals are all catlick ones and my Drs clinic here is a facility of one.

In fact when I first went to it here 4yrs ago I noticed the Jebus pic on the wall of the lobby but that was the only religious thing in the office. The Hippocratic oath was also displayed and in a bigger frame. One time when I was in hospital a woman came in dressed in religious garb and asked if I had all I needed. My praydar went up but she was just checking to see if I had left that part of the form blank on purpose or missed it. She wished me well and went on her way. (From then on I just drew a line through it so they would know I didn't miss it.)

I am mortified for you. That is a horrible position to be in. Please try to find someone to advocate for you so you can focus on getting better/relief. That they would prey on you while you were under duress of illness is reprehensible. They have no shame. Sad

I hope you get better soon.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
05-04-2016, 05:09 AM
Heatheness.........There was a religion question on paper and I had checked ' none.' I thought that was good enough but I believe his extensive questioning of my belief lead me to wonder if I should have written atheist. 10 hours later I am still mad and feel taken advantage of.
05-04-2016, 06:44 AM
(05-04-2016 02:16 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 02:11 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Unfortunate but chronic pain has a stigma associated with drug seeking behavior in the States, resulting in needless pain, frustration, and suicides.

It is the same here. I suffered chronic pain from 96 until 2015 when in hospital for a long period and they could run tests before I was finally taken seriously. 19 years of constant, untreated pain.

It's not just America. Sad

I'm sorry you had to go through that. a few years ago I suffered for a whole year with severe gout in my knees. The doctors never diagnosed it. They told me it was from years of doing finish carpentry, walking and being on my knees all day. Wouldn't give me anything for the pain, which had me up all night every night. I finally figured out what it was and started taking the medication but it made me very sick. it's so wonderful now here in Colorado now that Marijuana is legal. I don't have gout very often any more but when I do, pot is a fantastic pain killer. Takes the pain away instantly and lasts for a long time. I don't have to go see a doctor to get permission. I just go down and get it and it is very inexpensive. I haven't had to use any in the last 6 months but it is there if I need it.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
05-04-2016, 06:54 AM
(05-04-2016 12:00 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Who the hell are these doctors???

I call them Pain Nazis.

It seems very few doctors have an objective, rational, fact-based position on chronic pain management.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user