Your views version your physcian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2016, 06:56 AM
RE: Your views version your physcian
(05-04-2016 05:09 AM)cdrocab Wrote:  Heatheness.........There was a religion question on paper and I had checked ' none.' I thought that was good enough but I believe his extensive questioning of my belief lead me to wonder if I should have written atheist. 10 hours later I am still mad and feel taken advantage of.

Your anger is justified. The doctor violated your rights and imposed his bullshit on you.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
05-04-2016, 07:35 AM
(05-04-2016 06:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 12:00 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Who the hell are these doctors???

I call them Pain Nazis.

It seems very few doctors have an objective, rational, fact-based position on chronic pain management.

Well, they do fear the law. I recall recent news about a doc who over prescribed pain meds and ended up in jail.

Locally the news regularly carry stories about how doctors prescribe too many pain meds and that people who take pain meds end up on Heroin.

My own doc deflects any discussion of pain meds. He will prescribe Tylenol with Codeine, and he will issue medical Marijuana licenses.

I am lucky in that my pains currently occur mostly in the morning and dissipate later in the day. I can manage with my prescriptions. There was a time a few years back though when I had gout and it immobilized me. And it was really, really bad, constant pain. To the point where it pushed all thought out of your brain and just took over. Luckily I only had a few attacks. None of my pain meds helped, not even to "take the edge off". Weed didn't help either, it only works up to a certain pain level.

I suspect that my doc is an atheist, at least there is no trace of god in our meetings, ever. Long as I don't get that darn gout back, I'm good.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
05-04-2016, 07:42 AM
Holy shit. America is like Iran!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
05-04-2016, 09:20 AM
(05-04-2016 07:35 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 06:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  I call them Pain Nazis.

It seems very few doctors have an objective, rational, fact-based position on chronic pain management.

Well, they do fear the law. I recall recent news about a doc who over prescribed pain meds and ended up in jail.

Locally the news regularly carry stories about how doctors prescribe too many pain meds and that people who take pain meds end up on Heroin.

My own doc deflects any discussion of pain meds. He will prescribe Tylenol with Codeine, and he will issue medical Marijuana licenses.

I am lucky in that my pains currently occur mostly in the morning and dissipate later in the day. I can manage with my prescriptions. There was a time a few years back though when I had gout and it immobilized me. And it was really, really bad, constant pain. To the point where it pushed all thought out of your brain and just took over. Luckily I only had a few attacks. None of my pain meds helped, not even to "take the edge off". Weed didn't help either, it only works up to a certain pain level.

I suspect that my doc is an atheist, at least there is no trace of god in our meetings, ever. Long as I don't get that darn gout back, I'm good.

There is a very clear difference between an over-prescribing physician and one who prescribes appropriately but that seems to get lost in the fear-mongering.

Your doctor sounds like many other chickenshit doctors who have lost sight of patient care and are more concerned with their own comfort or workload.

Even my doctor of 35 years handed me off to a pain management clinic because he didn't want to put up with the bullshit regulations and paperwork. I'm still annoyed with him. Dodgy

However, they specialize in in this and probably have a good working relationship with regulators.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
05-04-2016, 10:21 AM
Yep, and the publicity about pain meds leading to heroin smells a whole lot of the old war against drugs. They also said that weed would lead to other drugs - proven false by thousands of long term weed smokers.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
05-04-2016, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2016 04:43 PM by GirlyMan.)
My Doctors have always been Hindu. Thumbsup

Sadly, in search of, but one step in back of, themselves and their slow-movin' dreams.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
05-04-2016, 01:53 PM
(05-04-2016 01:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  My Doctors have always been Hindu. Thumbsup

Locally too?

05-04-2016, 03:29 PM
(05-04-2016 01:53 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 01:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  My Doctors have always been Hindu. Thumbsup

Locally too?

They're all local.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-04-2016, 03:46 PM
This is why I avoid the use of the term "chronic pain" whenever I can, even though my pain is technically chronic. As soon as people hear that term half of them automatically stereotype the person suffering.

Being in constant pain takes your life away. Any doctor worth his degree should do EVERYTHING they can to help. They shouldn't ever be deterred from helping just because of paperwork, hassle, or even threat of legal action. You guys should never have suffered just because someone stereotyped your suffering. That's total bullshit.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post