Your worldview destroyed with two questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2017, 12:45 AM
RE: Your worldview destroyed with two questions
(11-05-2017 09:54 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(11-05-2017 08:59 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  Is it possible that the God of the Bible could reveal some things to us in such a way that we can know them for certain?
Is it possible that you think you know some things for certain, revealed by your god, but actually you are just full of shit?

(11-05-2017 08:59 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  How do you know anything for certain?
Do i have to?

Presuppositionalism and its representatives are possibly the most tedious way of apologetics and a complete waste of time to deal with. Just look at what Dillahunty did to Bruggencate. His final statement settled it for me.

Watch Dillahuntys final "tombstone a la Undertaker" beginning at 10:30.

P.S.: Bruggrencate is also a despicalbe cunt in general for being so...repugnant

That was hilarious thanks for sharing. Kudos to that dude for participating! I spit my soda up when duder said...

"Matt can't know anything outside his own brain and I have to show that it's true that God exists? He can't know anything outside his own brain and he's going to argue that it's unreasonable to believe in God?"

It's so sad really. It only takes BASIC critical thinking skills to expose this reasoning fully. REALLY BASIC. Is he that dense?

"Matt can't know anything outside his own brain and I have to show that it's true that Bigfoot exists? He can't know anything outside his own brain and he's going to argue that it's unreasonable to believe in Bigfoot?"

If only he would've finished that with "This is preposterous!!" Facepalm

Any claim without evidence is just a claim until it can be backed up with evidence... of course.

Example: Scientists are pretty sure life is abundant in the Universe but until evidence can be obtained it is only a claim (state or assert that something is the case, typically without providing evidence or proof). Wowzers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dirtstar's post
14-05-2017, 02:20 AM
I can "know something for certain" as much as I want, and be wrong. It's a state of mind. Even if "God" brings it on, it still means nothing.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
14-05-2017, 06:39 AM
(14-05-2017 02:20 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I can "know something for certain" as much as I want, and be wrong. It's a state of mind. Even if "God" brings it on, it still means nothing.

The point is, and thats what i tried to point out (no pun intended): You dont know for certain, you believe. Strong believe does not equal knowledg. knowledge is demonstrable. Can anyone demonstrate that god talked to him?

My second point was trying to direct to the red herring of "certainty" that is brought up so often. Its bullshit. Nothing is certain, but death, as we say here.

The best part of the vid (imho) was when Matt dropped the mic pen at the end. That, and his face while doing it....priceless!

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user