Yours favorite arguments for creationism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2013, 10:37 PM
RE: Yours favorite arguments for creationism
Just so you know, our replies arent only directed at you. They are directed at the people reading this. Since they aren't in an argumentative mindset they are more likely to be receptive to new ideas and knowledge. They won't be taking it personally like you are.

They will see how closed minded and childish your manner is and be put off. You are a parody of Christianity. One day you'll probably look back at this shit and be really embarrased.

I used to beleive in that stuff, though I didn't ignore all the evidence around me so it didn't take me too long to shake it off and recognise it as the bullshit that it is.

Have fun with your bible study. Christianity is shriveling away bit by bit every day, and it doesn't matter to me what you believe.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DeepThought's post
14-06-2013, 10:44 PM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2013 10:47 PM by Revenant77x.)
(14-06-2013 10:22 PM)theword Wrote:  
(14-06-2013 10:11 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  To all 3 Billion years of it, not as such but the study of genetics has confirmed Evolution. Remember back in the '90s when we mapped the Human Genome? Well guess what we found we share 98% of our DNA with Chimps (our closest living relative) and in descending order Bonobos (nearly as close as chimps the common ancestor was only a few million years ago almost an eyeblink in evolutionary terms) then with the other great apes then with the rest of the primates then with the mammals (we share about 85% of our DNA with all other mammals) it spreads further as we go to the vertebrates (non-mammal) all the way down to the original division. We share roughly 50% of our DNA with Plants. This is not conjecture we have proven this. for a quick and dirty breakdown
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_DNA_d...h_a_banana

So while we were not here for the majority of evolution we are in fact witnesses to it. Even today we can observe evolution in shorter lived species (dogs plants bacteria etc) Did you get a flu shot this year? The fundamental principles behind the germ theory are grounded in evolution.
Is this your proof? Flu shots? I am going to have to write this down and share it with the Bible Study."Hey everyone, evolution is proved....it's because of flu shots"..
This is comic entertainment!

Ask yourself this as you laugh to your fairy tale class why do you need a new one every year? It's because the Flu virus mutates and the old immunity your white blood cells have can no longer recognise them. Mutation is the random part of evolution. Everything else follows rules and patterns, not goals since evolution is blind but rules nonetheless. The random Mutation however is how we have the millions of species and why not all human looks alike. Let me know if this is too complicated for you and I can try and dumb it down a bit more.

The basics of Evolution through natural selection are as follows. In every population there is some genetic drift, most of this is minor and causes no noticeable difference however every once in awhile there is a more noticeable mutation.

Lets start with an easy example so we can get a good visual. Say we have a group of squirrels that all live high up in trees eating the fruit and nuts. They live on an island and have been separated from other populations for some time now (this isn't necessary but removes outside variables, keeping it simple) now even though these squirrels are very good at living in the trees occasionally they fall off a branch. Now lets add a small mutation to the mix 1 squirrel is born and he has some residual skin stretched under his arms not much but when He falls from a branch that little bit of skin adds some wind resistance allowing him to fall a little further than other squirrels and not be hurt. Since this minor change has a positive effect he lives long enough to pass on his genes. Fast forward say 300 generations (a very short amount of time in evolution) and because of the advantages of that small change the squirrels that have that extra skin flap now outnumber those that do not. In another say 200 generations almost all the squirrels now have that extra flap and can now fall from further up in the tree without a serious injury.

That is evolution small changes over vast periods of time.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
15-06-2013, 02:37 AM
guys, stop feeding the troll, seriously, at this point I even doubt he's a creationist. Even if he is, he won't get it, some people are just to deep into their beliefs... Just ignore him

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
15-06-2013, 05:39 AM
(14-06-2013 10:11 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(14-06-2013 09:58 PM)theword Wrote:  It was a joke and a play on words. Do you really think there is an eyewitness to evolution? Of course not, because it does not happen. Who is the fool now?

To all 3 Billion years of it, not as such but the study of genetics has confirmed Evolution. Remember back in the '90s when we mapped the Human Genome? Well guess what we found we share 98% of our DNA with Chimps (our closest living relative) and in descending order Bonobos (nearly as close as chimps the common ancestor was only a few million years ago almost an eyeblink in evolutionary terms) then with the other great apes then with the rest of the primates then with the mammals (we share about 85% of our DNA with all other mammals) it spreads further as we go to the vertebrates (non-mammal) all the way down to the original division. We share roughly 50% of our DNA with Plants. This is not conjecture we have proven this. for a quick and dirty breakdown

So while we were not here for the majority of evolution we are in fact witnesses to it. Even today we can observe evolution in shorter lived species (dogs plants bacteria etc) Did you get a flu shot this year? The fundamental principles behind the germ theory are grounded in evolution.

Correction: We are equally close to Chimps and Bonobos. They split after their common ancestor split with us.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-06-2013, 05:59 AM
(15-06-2013 05:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-06-2013 10:11 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  To all 3 Billion years of it, not as such but the study of genetics has confirmed Evolution. Remember back in the '90s when we mapped the Human Genome? Well guess what we found we share 98% of our DNA with Chimps (our closest living relative) and in descending order Bonobos (nearly as close as chimps the common ancestor was only a few million years ago almost an eyeblink in evolutionary terms) then with the other great apes then with the rest of the primates then with the mammals (we share about 85% of our DNA with all other mammals) it spreads further as we go to the vertebrates (non-mammal) all the way down to the original division. We share roughly 50% of our DNA with Plants. This is not conjecture we have proven this. for a quick and dirty breakdown

Correction: We are equally close to Chimps and Bonobos. They split after their common ancestor split with us.

Thanks, I wasn't 100% sure on that one.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
15-06-2013, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2013 06:41 AM by Stephen Charchuk.)
Re: RE: Yours favorite arguments for creationism
(14-06-2013 09:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Steve

There is no controversy Evolution at this point is for laymans terms a scientific law that actually has more proof than the "law" of gravity. Anyone that claims otherwise is as foolish as someone claiming the world is flat or the sun goes round the earth. Go educate yourself and then maybe you can have a real discussion with people.

It is also quite apparent that thelie has never heard of peer review either. Religious belief has no peer review. They just burn those at the stake with a new idea. Oh, and he's religiously insane as well.

Sent From My NEO x5....
15-06-2013, 06:22 AM
(14-06-2013 09:35 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You may be right and if so that is just too bad. I hate to leave a person in ignorance.

Sometimes a person prefers willful ignorance over the harshness of a realirty where they aren't it's center. That and he IS religiously insane.

Sent From My NEO x5....
15-06-2013, 06:33 AM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2013 07:56 AM by Stephen Charchuk.)
(14-06-2013 10:05 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  You certainly haven't.

Yes, his is a case of de-evolution. A throwback and a dumb one at that. He argues against something that he doesn't even know what it is or isn't. There is so much real world evidence in favour of evolution that even the Catholic Church has declared it a fact of Nature and that we are created instead in god's spiritual image. We all know how slow The Church is on accepting things. Afterall they only finally officiallly declared that the Earth was a sphere in the 1970's and later pardoned Galileo after only 450 years. Angel

Sent From My NEO x5....
[+] 1 user Likes Stephen Charchuk's post
15-06-2013, 06:35 AM
(14-06-2013 10:09 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Proof of evolution is in the bible. If you don't see it your just not reading it right.

Where, please?

Sent From My NEO x5....
15-06-2013, 06:36 AM
(15-06-2013 06:35 AM)Stephen Charchuk Wrote:  
(14-06-2013 10:09 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Proof of evolution is in the bible. If you don't see it your just not reading it right.

Where, please?

It was ironic.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user