Yours favorite arguments for creationism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2013, 02:24 PM
RE: Yours favorite arguments for creationism
(05-06-2013 06:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 01:31 PM)I and I Wrote:  So you believe the same idea as creationists just with a different thing creating the woo.

What woo?

The total energy of the universe is calculated to be 0, quantum fluctuations create particles ex nihilo, total energy remains 0.

Natural processes, no woo required.

so we don't actually exist? that makes sense (no sarcasm)

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Re: RE: Yours favorite arguments for creationism
(05-06-2013 02:24 PM)nach_in Wrote:  so we don't actually exist? that makes sense (no sarcasm)

Maybe on a quantum level? Confused

Sent From My NEO x5....
06-06-2013, 12:22 PM
(05-06-2013 02:17 PM)Stephen Charchuk Wrote:  
(03-06-2013 01:38 PM)viocjit Wrote:  In this topic I will to list some of my favorite arguments against evolution.

This is write in the Bible. Also it does exist this other version : This is in the Qur'an.[/color]

Much of what is in the Qu'Ran was copied directly from the bible since the Qu'Ran is a much later and simpilar book. The rest of the Qu'Ran is unverifible because none of its original source materials still exist even if the Qu'Ran ifself hasn't changed in 1400 year. Its still unverifed.

Here is an interesting fact. There are currently over 150 different creation stories today. So, which one should I argue in favor of?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_creation_myths

About the Quran , you must to know that originally this is not a book.
The Qur'an was recited and the text was wrote in a book later.
The Koran can be listen or read.
Also there are some differences about the Bible and the Quran.
Example : The story of Abraham who must sacrify his son.
Bible : Abraham (Hebrew : אברהם) must sacrify Isaac (Hebrew : יצחק).
Qur'an : Abraham (Arabic : إبراهيم) must sacrify Ishmael (Arabic : إسماعيل).

Links to Wikipedia :
1.Muhammad

2.Uthman ibn Affan

3.Quran
06-06-2013, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2013 04:54 PM by Stephen Charchuk.)
(06-06-2013 12:22 PM)viocjit Wrote:  About the Quran , you must to know that originally this is not a book.
The Qur'an was recited and the text was wrote in a book later.
The Koran can be listen or read.

I know since he was illiterate. It took him around 19 to 23 years and on his death they set out to collect the manuscripts. In the process some were replaced with their own versions as well and the original destroyed. Now all versions are gone so they can not verify which parts are Mohammad's and which are not so the entire "book" is suspect. It is irrelevant that the Qu'Ran itself hasn't changed in over 1400 years, without these sources there is no way to verify it.

For a time they believed they had an original manuscript in a museum, but it turned out to be a much later copy.

Quote:Also there are some differences about the Bible and the Quran.
Example : The story of Abraham who must sacrify his son.
Bible : Abraham (Hebrew : אברהם) must sacrify Isaac (Hebrew : יצחק).
Qur'an : Abraham (Arabic : إبراهيم) must sacrify Ishmael (Arabic : إسماعيل).

Links to Wikipedia :
1.Muhammad

2.Uthman ibn Affan

3.Quran

Even the parts of the bible that were copied were full of errors.

The bible is a much more detailed collection of books as well. To be equal in scope the Qu'Ran would have to include the Hadiths as well as many other books that are separate. Then the problem of interpretation will come which Muslims had asserted was the problem with the bible.

Sent From My NEO x5....
06-06-2013, 04:55 PM
(04-06-2013 01:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 01:20 PM)I and I Wrote:  I like the creation stories that try to say that matter came from nothing...like somehow magically things just appeared in a big creation story event. Total bullshit.

Since the total energy of the universe is zero, then it is not total bullshit.
Then where did the entire universe come from?
06-06-2013, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2013 05:01 PM by Stephen Charchuk.)
(06-06-2013 04:55 PM)theword Wrote:  Then where did the entire universe come from?

Which one? There is an entire Cosmos out there filled with universes. Here's a question for you. Where did god come from?

There is some new thinking that the Universe has always existed. That it runs in an endless cycle of Big Expandions and Contractions....

Sent From My NEO x5....
06-06-2013, 05:02 PM
(06-06-2013 04:58 PM)Stephen Charchuk Wrote:  
(06-06-2013 04:55 PM)theword Wrote:  Then where did the entire universe come from?

Which one? There is an entire Cosmos out there filled with unuverses. Here's a question for you. Where did god come from?
Let's go with the entire Cosmos. Can you please answer the question.
Thanks
06-06-2013, 05:04 PM
(06-06-2013 05:02 PM)theword Wrote:  Let's go with the entire Cosmos. Can you please answer the question.
Thanks

I think I just did. Re-read my previous post. Or you could just accept "Its elephants all the way down....." Angel

Sent From My NEO x5....
06-06-2013, 05:09 PM
(06-06-2013 05:04 PM)Stephen Charchuk Wrote:  
(06-06-2013 05:02 PM)theword Wrote:  Let's go with the entire Cosmos. Can you please answer the question.
Thanks

I think I just did. Re-read my previous post. Or you could just accept "Its elephants all the way down....." Angel
So you cannot explain how the world got here? Is that right?
06-06-2013, 05:17 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2013 06:06 PM by Stephen Charchuk.)
(06-06-2013 05:09 PM)theword Wrote:  So you cannot explain how the world got here? Is that right?

How the world got here? I thought you wanted to know how the universe got here? The Earth is easy. http://www.youtube. com/watch?v=VbXhoGaLY0 (remove space before com)

No one can answer for sure how the universe got here. Not even Christianity. Though science can give some good ideas, religion only says "GODDIDIT!" and that is a non-answer.

At least I gave an honest answer.

Sent From My NEO x5....