Youth Against Christ

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
06-01-2011, 06:01 PM

Youth Against Christ
Anti-Christian posters appeared around downtown Winnipeg over the Christmas season. Some of them say 'Youth against Christ' and some 'God raped Mary'. It's surprising how angry people are over these posters, and apparently the police are looking into who's behind them..

http://www.winnipegsun.com/news/winnipeg...77656.html

What do you think? Free speech or 'hate crime'?
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2011, 06:40 PM

RE: Youth Against Christ
Free Speech. Who is the hate crime against? God? Jesus? I'm sure they (he?) can handle it.
06-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Haha, wow, the whole "if it were any other religion it would be called a hate crime" thing? Yes everybody is out to get the small minority that is the Christian community, that is exactly what is occuring, because they can't protect themselves from the large majority that is atheists. They make me ashamed to be classified "Homo".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2011, 09:21 AM

its free speech without a doubt...
is posting "repent or you'll burn in hell" on a highway billboard hate speech against atheists?
they just like blattin about anything they find "offencive" to their fragile sensibilities, just like the banned Doritos super bowl ad. their is nothing saying you can go through life without getting your feelings hurt....
http://www.nypress.com/blog-8019-oh-jesu...hurch.html
07-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Free speech - no doubt. Can't we insult Zeus , Darth Vader or Daffy Duck or Duke Nukem if we want to ?
07-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Free speech, yep. Poor taste? Possibly. I don't think I'd choose to stick those flyers up on a church, simply because the message you send is less effective. That said, it's definitely not a hate crime.

Just visiting.

-SR
07-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Free speech. If Mary wants to take legal action, that would be HER choice, no one else's.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
07-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Persecution complex. Xtians have it.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
08-01-2011, 09:01 AM
I think it is in bad tastes, defiantly not productive to the idea that atheists are just like everyone else. Still, it's free speech. Signs are not illegal, and are not a hate crime. Now, if a the group attacked members of Youth for Christ or their property in a similar manner(making it clear that it is religion based), then that could be a hate crime. But signs? Funny how quickly freedom of speech goes out the window when people are saying things you don't like.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
08-01-2011, 06:08 PM
If atheists can't place public signs up, then neither should any religion or religious person be allowed to do so.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.