Youth In Asia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2014, 11:02 AM
Youth In Asia
If your horse shatters it's leg and is in agony and there's nothing you can do about it. You put it out of it's misery. Same thing with a dog or maybe any animal.

Well, what do you think? Should Euthanasia be legal in every state?

How about if it was only legal if the person had an incurable disease that was going to kill them in less than a year (according to the Doctor's estimation based on previous cases).

Meaning, hopeless cases, can die comfortably rather than be bed ridden and in agony for months. (I'm aware that modern medicine can relieve much pain)

For someone who has psychiatric issues or someone without a life threatening disease, they do not qualify to be Euthanized. Sound like a good plan, no?

Why not?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2014, 12:39 PM
RE: Youth In Asia
Since every elderly care facility I've ever visited was nothing more than a warehouse for personalities that had effectively "died" within still viable physical bodies, imposing discomfort on everybody involved: the inmate, the caretakers, the family, I think the most humane thing we could do is euthanasia - it's what we do with every other living creature in our care, out of compassion. But we've got this nut up our ass that human life is "sacred" and we preserve its raw existence beyond the point when every vestige of what gives life "life" has already vanished.

The particular irony is how cheaply we regard human life in the contexts of nationalism, racism, patriotism, religiosity and tribalism, where sparing the lives of even healthy children is too much of an inconvenience against the efficiencies of achieving "security" from "the other".
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
11-08-2014, 12:59 PM
Damn, I thought this was going to be about sexy 18 year old female Asians.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Brian37's post
11-08-2014, 01:21 PM
(11-08-2014 12:59 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Damn, I thought this was going to be about sexy 18 year old female Asians.

I had a Huge Reward for the first person to say that! Thumbsup

I knew someone would! Laughat
[+] 1 user Likes Wicked Clown's post
11-08-2014, 01:23 PM
Pay up bud, what a year's supply of pocket lint?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2014, 01:23 PM
(11-08-2014 12:39 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  Since every elderly care facility I've ever visited was nothing more than a warehouse for personalities that had effectively "died" within still viable physical bodies, imposing discomfort on everybody involved: ....do with every other living creature in our care, out of compassion. But we've got this nut up our ass that human life is "sacred" and we preserve its raw existence beyond the point when every vestige of what gives life "life" has already vanished.

Hahahaha! Laugh out load

Answer of the week!Thumbsup
11-08-2014, 02:19 PM
We should shoot you like a horse with a broken leg.
Do the world a favor.

[Image: oscar.png]
11-08-2014, 02:22 PM
(11-08-2014 02:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  We should shoot you like a horse with a broken leg.
Do the world a favor.

Excellent Idea!

[Image: th?&id=HN.608035745794097950&...mp;amp;p=0]
12-08-2014, 06:17 AM
There is a careful line to be walked between allowing people to die with dignity and providing an inexpensive way to deal with an otherwise resource-intensive issue. It would be a tragedy to find people choosing to die to reduce the burden on their families and society, or because well deserved intellectual and emotional needs are not being met. That said, for someone who is sound of mind and choosing to exit on their own terms the decision to allow them to do it should be straightforward. The problem is the big grey area in between, and in which side the law should fall on that grey area. Default to allow, or default to reject?

I fall on the side of defaulting to allow someone to die at a time and in a manner of their choosing, but in doing so we as a society should redouble our efforts to meet the needs of the vulnerable and do everything we can to make their choice their own.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
04-09-2014, 08:48 PM
(12-08-2014 06:17 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  There is a careful line to be walked between allowing people to die with dignity and providing an inexpensive way to deal with an otherwise resource-intensive issue. It would be a tragedy to find people choosing to die to reduce the burden on their families and society, or because well deserved intellectual and emotional needs are not being met. That said, for someone who is sound of mind and choosing to exit on their own terms the decision to allow them to do it should be straightforward. The problem is the big grey area in between, and in which side the law should fall on that grey area. Default to allow, or default to reject?

I fall on the side of defaulting to allow someone to die at a time and in a manner of their choosing, but in doing so we as a society should redouble our efforts to meet the needs of the vulnerable and do everything we can to make their choice their own.
It would be impossible to never make mistakes on where to draw the line. I suppose there would have to be a series of tests a person would have to go through to be eligible?