Youtube Red

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2016, 10:50 AM
RE: Youtube Red
(13-02-2016 10:45 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So youtube is going the fine bro route?

They are not trademarking the word "video".

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
13-02-2016, 10:50 AM
(13-02-2016 10:50 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 10:45 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So youtube is going the fine bro route?

They are not trademarking the word "video".

Not yet.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
13-02-2016, 10:56 AM
It's essentially an add on so you don't have to be a cunt using ad block and not allowing people to make a living off it and allow people to get paid while not having to see ads and you get other cool stuff with it.

I'm fine with it, using ad block you essentially take more than $10 away from a creator you regularly watch so to be able to not watch ads while still supporting the people you like to watch and getting some other cool features, I think it's worth it.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
13-02-2016, 03:46 PM
PewDiePie can go fuck himself, so no, I won't be using it.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
13-02-2016, 03:55 PM
If I had the cash, I would use it. I only watch a few channels and I would absolutely love to support the content creators I watch frequently.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
13-02-2016, 05:03 PM
When I think about how much time I spend on YouTube and that I'm using adblock, I know I should pay the fee. 10$ a month for about five hours of entertainment a day is fucking cheap.
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
13-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Come to think of it. I spend more on having a TV I don't use.
13-02-2016, 05:14 PM
(12-02-2016 09:14 PM)cactus Wrote:  , a paid tier for Youtube that removes the ads, gives you access to the supposedly "high quality" content that's behind this paywall, and a Spotify-like music service.

Would you use it? Are you already using it?

Probably not. I'm cheap.

(12-02-2016 09:14 PM)cactus Wrote:  No, not RedTube, but Youtube Red

Heh. I was showing my daughter something on YouTube this morning, and a Youtube Red ad popped up, and my thought was "Why the fuck is this popping up, with my daughter right here!?". Then I actually read it.
13-02-2016, 05:17 PM
(13-02-2016 05:14 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 09:14 PM)cactus Wrote:  , a paid tier for Youtube that removes the ads, gives you access to the supposedly "high quality" content that's behind this paywall, and a Spotify-like music service.

Would you use it? Are you already using it?

Probably not. I'm cheap.

(12-02-2016 09:14 PM)cactus Wrote:  No, not RedTube, but Youtube Red

Heh. I was showing my daughter something on YouTube this morning, and a Youtube Red ad popped up, and my thought was "Why the fuck is this popping up, with my daughter right here!?". Then I actually read it.
I'm sure they chose red on purpose. . . those genius bastards.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
14-02-2016, 11:48 AM
(13-02-2016 10:56 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I'm fine with it, using ad block you essentially take more than $10 away from a creator you regularly watch so to be able to not watch ads while still supporting the people you like to watch and getting some other cool features, I think it's worth it.

Absolutely agree. I don't mind using AdBlocker on the bigger sites, but I try not to use it on YouTube or the smaller sites. As a YouTuber who uses the ad revenue as an extra revenue stream for my family (and it's a HUGE help), AdBlocker really does have an adverse impact on those whose content you're using. Even with YouTube Red I get revenue, as I get a cut of the subscription fee of those who watch my videos, and seemingly at a higher rate than the regular ad revenue.

"The danger of religious faith is that it allows otherwise normal human beings to reap the fruits of madness and consider them holy." - Sam Harris
[+] 1 user Likes philosopher's post