Youtube Red

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2016, 05:28 AM
RE: Youtube Red
I prefer the patreon model.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2016, 02:20 PM
(13-02-2016 01:10 AM)Azaraith Wrote:  I pay for the Google Music service and get it free alongside that, but I wouldn't pay for just the YouTube part of it except for wanting to support channels I like without watching ads (I too use adblock...) But $10/mo wouldn't be worth it, I'd just pitch a few $ to some of them via Patreon or somesuch instead.

The Google Music aspect is worth the $10/mo by itself though. Great service, better than Spotify IMO since you can upload your own albums where they might have some gaps (such as Tool) and then it works seamlessly - you can't tell which you uploaded and which they had once you've added them to your library, they show up in searches and have album art, descriptions, etc. all the same as any other album. Plus Google Music lets you organize by album and artist, etc. rather than Spotify's obsession with playlists (which you couldn't organize by album and artist, until fairly recently). I HATE playlists lol, don't have the time to put them together and get bored of them pretty quick when I do. And I don't like other people's music tastes consistently enough to use other playlists.

You sayin my Google play music comes with YouTube Red?
07-04-2017, 12:02 PM
Ya know, I used to hate advertising (I still do, but wait, there's a narrative here) but I'm too lazy and cheap to build up a music collection so I default to youtube, and this happened.:

So now you know, and you have no fucking excuse. Laugh out load

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2017, 12:45 PM
Hey! Isn't that girl from the React Channel?

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
07-04-2017, 12:51 PM
I had a reaction. Blush

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2017, 01:31 PM
The Thinning looks pretty intense. I dig it.

Still not paying for Youtube Red, though. Drinking Beverage

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
07-04-2017, 01:42 PM
(07-04-2017 01:31 PM)cactus Wrote:  The Thinning looks pretty intense. I dig it.

Still not paying for Youtube Red, though. Drinking Beverage

Nope, not when I get the majority of my YouTube entertainment for free and I have Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. I can't do another monthly sub like that (Amazon is annual, but still, it's roughly the same amount a month as Netflix).
07-04-2017, 08:03 PM
The amount of subscription services out there right now it pretty fucking ridiculous.
The only one I have is xbox live which is like $10 a month (lets me play games online plus I get some free games a month among other things). I download all my tv and movies and I never put money on my phone.

My flatmate in comparison has netflix, xbox live, ps plus (play station version of xbox live), phone, lightbox (tv service here), Amazon prime, spotify and a fucking gym membership he's locked into a 2 year contract for even though he's a fat lazy fuck who's maybe stepped inside a gym twice in his life time. It's ridiculous. And that's just the ones he has. There's still this youtube thing, sky tv (cable), plex whatever the fuck that is and I'm sure countless others. OH and he and my other flatmates have a monthly coffee subscription for their coffee machine.

This is why I pirate tv and movies and music (well.. the way I get my music is technically legal so... but still, I get it for free) because I'm a cheap fucking bastard and I refuse to pay like $10-$15 a month for five different services. Like, what's the point in having a subscription to netflix and amazon prime. That's a little bullshit isn't it? You're literally paying twice the amount you probably should be simply so two companies can compete with each other. A pay as you use model is far more fair for the consumer but nope, they wanna ride that subscription money train, choo fucking choo.

[Image: oscar.png]
07-04-2017, 08:10 PM
My M.O. is that it's ever been on Netflix, but they don't host anymore because they didn't pay to renew the contract, or if it's free at the local library and I just can't be arsed to drive over there, I have literally zero guilt in pirating it. Drinking Beverage

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
07-04-2017, 11:24 PM
(07-04-2017 08:03 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The amount of subscription services out there right now it pretty fucking ridiculous.
The only one I have is xbox live which is like $10 a month (lets me play games online plus I get some free games a month among other things). I download all my tv and movies and I never put money on my phone.

My flatmate in comparison has netflix, xbox live, ps plus (play station version of xbox live), phone, lightbox (tv service here), Amazon prime, spotify and a fucking gym membership he's locked into a 2 year contract for even though he's a fat lazy fuck who's maybe stepped inside a gym twice in his life time. It's ridiculous. And that's just the ones he has. There's still this youtube thing, sky tv (cable), plex whatever the fuck that is and I'm sure countless others. OH and he and my other flatmates have a monthly coffee subscription for their coffee machine.

This is why I pirate tv and movies and music (well.. the way I get my music is technically legal so... but still, I get it for free) because I'm a cheap fucking bastard and I refuse to pay like $10-$15 a month for five different services. Like, what's the point in having a subscription to netflix and amazon prime. That's a little bullshit isn't it? You're literally paying twice the amount you probably should be simply so two companies can compete with each other. A pay as you use model is far more fair for the consumer but nope, they wanna ride that subscription money train, choo fucking choo.

Different business models. You want music or audio books a la carte, you can buy them piecemeal. If you burn through 2 audio-books a week, or listen to hours and hours of music a day, a flat subscriptions for unlimited access could be worth it. More options isn't bad.

The super sucky thing with the fracturing of the subscription services is how many things are exclusive to one platform or another, meaning multiple subscriptions to get everything you might want. Netflix showed that there was a huge market that wanted internet and on-demand television without cable packages, and that market has since been carved up. Competition is good, but that inevitably means a fracturing of the content available, as competitors try to get an edge over one another. Undecided

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]