Youtube Red

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2017, 12:52 AM
RE: Youtube Red
Quote:The super sucky thing with the fracturing of the subscription services is how many things are exclusive to one platform or another, meaning multiple subscriptions to get everything you might want.

That's what I mean. You pay $10 for Netflix so you can watch Stranger Things for example, but then you need to pay like $10 for Amazon Prime so you can watch Grand Tour.
It's stupid. Compare that to cable where you get everything for one price because all the competing channels come in one package.

I'm not against subscriptions. Like you say, if you use the service a lot it can save you money compared to paying as you use model. HOWEVER, I think it would be better from a customers point of view to have the option of a subscription OR pay as you use. That way you could have say a subscription for Netflix and pay a one off $7.99 for a season of Grand Tour on Amazon Prime.

BUT companies wont do that because they like to cash in on that subscription money train.
I think however though that as the market becomes over saturated with Netflix clones that we will see companies move towards that as less and less people subscribe to their services. It's better to get the $7.99 from the person who's never gonna subscribe to your services than nothing at all.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2017, 01:10 AM
(08-04-2017 12:52 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:The super sucky thing with the fracturing of the subscription services is how many things are exclusive to one platform or another, meaning multiple subscriptions to get everything you might want.

That's what I mean. You pay $10 for Netflix so you can watch Stranger Things for example, but then you need to pay like $10 for Amazon Prime so you can watch Grand Tour.
It's stupid. Compare that to cable where you get everything for one price because all the competing channels come in one package.

I'm not against subscriptions. Like you say, if you use the service a lot it can save you money compared to paying as you use model. HOWEVER, I think it would be better from a customers point of view to have the option of a subscription OR pay as you use. That way you could have say a subscription for Netflix and pay a one off $7.99 for a season of Grand Tour on Amazon Prime.

BUT companies wont do that because they like to cash in on that subscription money train.
I think however though that as the market becomes over saturated with Netflix clones that we will see companies move towards that as less and less people subscribe to their services. It's better to get the $7.99 from the person who's never gonna subscribe to your services than nothing at all.

So you want a Steam equivalent for streaming television? Hard to argue with that. Thumbsup

I'd buy up Myth Busters, How the Universe Works, and NDT's Cosmos reboot.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
08-04-2017, 04:42 AM
No thanks. I use uBlock Origin to block ads.