Youtube Skeptics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Youtube Skeptics
Should I just dismiss skeptics that use YouTube as their only source of information, or should I just trust that there is some validity on the subject and debate them using proper evidence regardless of their sources?

The wise change their minds when facts and experience so demand. The fool does not hear or does not heed. (Wis 4:12-13)
- The Good Book
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2014, 05:00 PM
RE: Youtube Skeptics
Focus on what's being said, rather than where it's coming from.

If you're confronted with too many people to talk to, and you have to pick and choose who you want to talk to, then sure. Go with whatever resource has had a track record of being most credible, and producing/attracting the best people.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes PoolBoyG's post
06-02-2014, 09:20 AM
Okay, thanks for the advice. =)

The wise change their minds when facts and experience so demand. The fool does not hear or does not heed. (Wis 4:12-13)
- The Good Book
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2014, 06:02 AM
I would look to other sources first, rather then relying on youtube.
08-02-2014, 08:40 AM
YouTube can have the benefit of easily digestible information, not everything that comes from YouTube is great, nor is it crap. Like poolboy said, focus on what's being said.
10-02-2014, 06:22 AM
You should review the evidence they put forward and base a judgement on that, not where it is from.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
10-02-2014, 06:46 AM
(05-02-2014 01:12 PM)Krabman Wrote:  Should I just dismiss skeptics that use YouTube as their only source of information, or should I just trust that there is some validity on the subject and debate them using proper evidence regardless of their sources?

I would not call some one who uses only youtube for research a "Skeptic"
They would be closer to a conspiracy nutjob, than a skeptic.

An actual skeptic would not trust a few youtube quotes as evidence ,and skeptics usually double their research efforts if confirmation bias is suspected.

Question a real skeptical as long as your preprepared to be drowned in hyperlinks,

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".