Youtube and Science vs. Creationism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2014, 06:36 AM
Youtube and Science vs. Creationism
For years, I have been listening to youtube videos defending science from creationism. Lately, videos debunking silly creationist claims have been lacking. Even though almost all of the creationist arguments have been addressed, I think there needs to still be more pwnage of creationist videos. Youtube users like Thunderf00t, dprjones, WildwoodClaire and AronRa have debunked many creationist videos. I'd like to see more of that, since there will always be new creationist videos to debunk. Despite the fact the same arguments from creationism keep coming up, I still think there needs to be more pwnage. Maybe not necessarily from veteran Youtube atheists like the above mentioned, but those who are fresh out of college and new to Youtube may start debunking creationists as well. Does anyone recommend any pro-science Youtube channels that continue to talk about evolution vs. creation?

I find it ironic that the religion that says man is the center of the universe is the same one that says arrogance is a sin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cre8ivmind's post
16-06-2014, 10:15 AM
RE: Youtube and Science vs. Creationism
Tends to be just preaching to the de-converted.
Creationists openly say that if the bible claims 2+2=5 then sinful human understanding of math is wrong.

A change of tact is in order, what that is, science only knows.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
16-06-2014, 11:09 AM
The reason why it is getting boring is because everything has been addressed. There is only so many times you can debunk claims before it becomes boring.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
17-06-2014, 11:55 AM
I suppose addressing the same claims over and over again can be boring, but I still like hearing them. I sometimes listen to re-runs, but I look forward to new stuff as well.

I find it ironic that the religion that says man is the center of the universe is the same one that says arrogance is a sin.
[+] 1 user Likes cre8ivmind's post
17-06-2014, 12:37 PM
(17-06-2014 11:55 AM)cre8ivmind Wrote:  I suppose addressing the same claims over and over again can be boring, but I still like hearing them. I sometimes listen to re-runs, but I look forward to new stuff as well.

Agreed.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
17-06-2014, 01:59 PM
(17-06-2014 11:55 AM)cre8ivmind Wrote:  I suppose addressing the same claims over and over again can be boring, but I still like hearing them. I sometimes listen to re-runs, but I look forward to new stuff as well.

I spend waaaaaaay too much time reading the comment section of youtube videos about evolution and religion. I make a few comments but then I sometimes get so angry my blood pressure rises and I have to go do something else for a time. I had this one guy who just knew that everything in the Bible was true, that Moses wandered the desert for 40 years, science wasn't true, etc. I mean, what do you say to idiots like that.

I found this great quote from some guy named Ramon R. (Rayreegs) who posted on one internet site.

"Debating a creationist is like playing chess with a pigeon : it knocks over all the pieces , defecates on the board , then claims it won the match. "

That just about says it all.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.