Youtube playback speed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2012, 03:16 AM
Youtube playback speed
Why can't I change the playback speed of some Youtube videos?

As you all know, Youtube allows the options to speedup, and slowdown videos. HOWEVER you can't do this for some videos.

Now, I don't understand why that is the case.
-Is it that youtube is implementing the system unevenly across channels, so some channels will have it while others don't?
-Do channels have to select the options for viewers to have the ability to speed up or slow down their videos in playback?
-Are partnered videos exempted from having their videos sped up/slowed for some reason?

I just want to know why. It's torture going through a 90+ minute lecture or interview for relevant material.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2012, 11:12 AM
RE: Youtube playback speed
You may want to send this to the comments section of... YOUTUBE.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
13-04-2012, 03:30 PM
(12-04-2012 11:12 AM)lucradis Wrote:  You may want to send this to the comments section of... YOUTUBE.
I have gotten no response from anyone. The only responses I have gotten are from users like yourself "I don't know, Go ask someone else" or incomprehensible trolling.

I asked here because many users here are on youtube, or are part of the "atheist youtube community". Someone who frequents these pages must know which reason it is.
13-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Fair enough.

But have you tried contacting youtube support, or just youtube comments?
I have literally no experience with trying to contact youtube directly though I have had issues trying to contact google and will never bother again.

You could always download the audio and use your own player to slow down the speed.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-04-2012, 02:25 PM
(13-04-2012 05:36 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Fair enough.

But have you tried contacting youtube support, or just youtube comments?
I have literally no experience with trying to contact youtube directly though I have had issues trying to contact google and will never bother again.

You could always download the audio and use your own player to slow down the speed.
Youtube support, in my experience, never goes through. I suspect that it is extremely automated and a great majority of messages don't go through or are discarded. I'm not stating this as fact, but I suspect. I've had matters concerning other issues where I've never had a response back on.

In any case, I'm reaching out on this forum to see if anyone has an answer to my question (because I suspect many are youtube users), and i'll be checking up on the thread now and again if someone does have the answer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Entertaining youtube videos Leela 58 2,185 Today 07:02 AM
Last Post: MegaHentai
  YouTube Contest Smooshmonster 51 1,502 04-12-2012 06:34 AM
Last Post: earmuffs
  Tim Minchin's Storm movie released today on Youtube! Kikko 2 915 08-04-2011 01:22 PM
Last Post: Kikko
  Youtube video ideas TheKetola 0 547 12-01-2011 10:56 PM
Last Post: TheKetola
  05:17 am and i can't sleep.... youtube time... New Frontier 5 911 19-03-2010 06:00 AM
Last Post: jaronm90