ZEITGEIST MOVEMENT!

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
02-03-2011, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2011 04:23 PM by Kikko.)
RE: ZEITGEIST MOVEMENT!
(01-03-2011 06:32 PM)Laxion Wrote:  Kiko
cool, well I still trust them, if you visit their sites and stuff, it's really about changing our society into the practical venus project.

If it takes a movie like zeitgeist to get alot of people interested in ideas like the Venus Project's, something's wrong. I don't mind the venus project, I might even be a supporter of it, but I haven't got into it yet. It's the ''men behind the curtain'' that I mind. To think that there is an elite group secretly controlling the economy and enslaving us seems paranoid (couldn't come up with a better expression). Rich individuals and groups can take advantage of economic crises, but I don't, at least yet, agree with extending the thought to stuff like the elite keeping wars up. I haven't yet crashed into anything convincing, and the sources usually take to another PDF, then to another PDF and finally a book that's not avaiable in libraries and costs 80€.
Zeitgeist starts mildly and convincingly, but once the viewer is convinced, it can make claims like this about an upcoming world goverment, which are tough to back up, without making the rings bell in the viewer's head. That's what happened to me when I watched the first 2 movies, I was amazed and angry at 'the elite', but when the morning came and I could think clearly, zeitgeist's plausibility started decreasing in my eyes.

You would think that a situation like this would be on the cover or every major newspaper. That is until you release the people behind this movement are the same people who are behind the mainstream media and you are not told what you are not supposed to know. The North American Union is the same concept as the European Union, the African Union and the soon to be Asian union and the same people are behind all of them. And when the time right, the North American, the European union the African union and the Asian union will be merged together, forming the final stages in a plan these men have been working on for over 60 years.

Btw, Laxon, you can call me Kikko.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2011, 12:33 AM
I don't know which 2 movies you watched, but I have seen all 4 movies. They got a award for best Activist movie of 2008 from hollywood.

The elite controlling the masses ? To be honest, that does seems absurd. Well since the government get's the centralized banks profit, it shouldn't really happen. Unless the government is corrupt and teamed up with them. Then I guess yeah there could be a possible of an enslavement here. For money that is.

Men behind curtain ? You mean JACQUE FRESCO, The 94 year old man who started all of this ? Or the narrator guys ? Maybe you should check out the team in the venus project, that created the zeitgeist movies. ( at least I think they did, 100% positive sure) Also creating all the chapters, and having global revolutions everywhere, or trying to spread the word on z-day ?

Well, The C.I.A are always keeping secrets aren't they ? I mean some of their secrets got leaked into wiki leaks. Hiding things from the people, isn't really good. Zeitgeist kinda reveal it I guess. Maybe if you are skeptical of them, check out the source once again.

books that cost's money ? Well Those are usually credential books aren't they ? Like 80$ texts book or something ? They got some of their stuff from universities. So yeah, there are probably going to be books that cost money.

They made the movie to easily spread the ideology of the system I guess, they are non-profit organization, and they let you mass produce and give them to anyone as long as you are not selling it. You can support by buying the DVD, or simply watch it free.

thanks for you concern Kiko Smile, just like Science, Everything is questionable that will validate it's credibility.

"don't jump to conclusions until your 99%"

"dreams are the best source of creativity" me
03-03-2011, 08:51 AM
4 movies? I've seen the first and the addendum, but I'll check the latest 2 next weekend. My favorite, and only, Finnish youtuber that I'm subrcribed to commented on the ''Moving Forward'', without mentioning anything conspirasick, only about RBE.
Quote:Men behind curtain ?
I was referring to 'the elite'. You know, ''Don't mind the men behind the curtain''.
Quote:Well, The C.I.A are always keeping secrets aren't they ? I mean some of their secrets got leaked into wiki leaks. Hiding things from the people, isn't really good. Zeitgeist kinda reveal it I guess. Maybe if you are skeptical of them, check out the source once again.
I agree that there shouldn't be the need nor the right to hide something. But what secrets does Zeitgeist reveal?
Quote:books that cost's money ? Well Those are usually credential books aren't they ? Like 80$ texts book or something ? They got some of their stuff from universities. So yeah, there are probably going to be books that cost money.
When the book's not avaiable for me, I check other credibility factors, like who the authors are. + Only now I realized that I can also google if the information is somewhere else too.
The thing is, that without knowing the original source of the information, there's no way of knowing if it's misquoted or taken out of context. For example, in Potholer54's series on global warming he tracked down the source of a myth that some NASA article would have shown global cooling instead of global warming (or something like that), but the original source (the article) didn't say it. It is still all over the internet misquoted.

A sidenote: I'm not a supporter of the modern economic model. If it would be capable of making the world a better place, it would have done it by now.
The main reason why undeveloped countries can't seem to develop is, that they're drowning in debt. Their past leaders took loans that were offered to them, but didn't make good use of the money. Now the countries are forced to produce luxury products like coffee and cacao to the rich west, instead of growing food for themselves. They are robbed of their natural resources so they can shorten their massive debt and pay the interests. That's what I call ''slavery'' through debt, but it's not the kind of slavery through debt that zeitgeist says is happening in the west.
I've been hopping from subject to subject, trying to find the subject that I wanted to begin with: the part about inflation and how new money is created. I'll be touching the subjects after rewatching the Addendum. It has been quite a while since I watched it.

Accept me or go to hell.
04-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Oh I see, I'd say Zeitgeist 3 moving forward was the best movie out of all of them.

Zeitgeist (Religion) The greatest story ever sold 30 minutes
Zeitgeist Federal Reserve 1 hour
Zeitgeist 2 Addendum 2 hours
Zeitgeist 3 Moving forward 2 hours 40 minutes

Money is slavery, because you have to work for it just to live. With the R.B.E, no more work is needed to live. You are free.

The conspiracy have a lot of people doubting it. Which I don't remember what it was.

I think some of the CIA secrets were revealed in the 3rd movie, how they try to corrupt foreign country's government, and if that didn't work. They either try to kill the government or revolt it. If that didn't work, Military support and war.

It been quite a while since I last saw zeitgeist, the only thing I really remember the most is the R.B.E. I don't mind the Conspiracy, I agree that we are living a crappy system.

05-03-2011, 03:28 PM
If you don't have products to sell, you sell your labor. If having to sell your labor to make a living is slavery, then having to hunt, collect and grow your own food is slavery too. RBE wouldn't remove all work, as the latest movie states, the model would reduce the need of work into just 3% of what it is today.

If I could change something in the zeitgeist movement, it would be to remove the conspiracy and religion parts. I would only keep the latest movie, ''Moving Forward''. The religion parts repel religious people and the conspiracy parts repel sceptics. That stuff blackpaints the whole movement: I've searched a few forum discussions about zeitgeist, and most of the commenters had either A. stopped watching when their religion was handled B. stopped watching when the 911 stuff started. The first movie (religion+federal reserve) is a shame to zeitgeist.

I watched ''Moving Forward'' today, and I basically agree with it. Only in one sentence in the end it mentioned ''the insiders''. I'm watching the first part of Addendum tonight, which is what I originally wanted to begin with.

Too tired to write and read the money mechanics. Instead, I'll watch the rest of the movie. I'll leave you with these for now: Modern money mechanics: http://www.rayservers.com/images/ModernM...hanics.pdf The ''creationist website's'' take on it: http://conspiracyscience.com/articles/ze...ne/page/3/
Quote:Type: Definition
M0 Hard currency; cash, coinage, and central bank reserves
M1 (M0) + Deposits in checking accounts and traveler's checks
M2 (M1) + Deposits in savings accounts and in money market accounts.
M3 This has been discontinued by the Federal Reserve as of 2006
(M2) + Deposits of large amounts, institutional money market funds, and large liquid assets.

At the beginning of Modern Money Mechanics the booklet states it is only looking at the M1 money, something which Zeitgeist ignores and thus messed up their math and concept very badly.

Accept me or go to hell.
05-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Yeah, we should just tell everyone to forget about the old movies, and watch the new and improve zeitgeist 3.

I don't trust this website...
http://conspiracyscience.com/articles/ze...ne/page/3/

06-03-2011, 11:24 AM
Quote:I don't trust this website...
That's why I gave you 'the Modern Money Mechanics', so you don't have to trust the site. However, it's very convenient to read what someone who's already checked the booklet has to say, so you wont have to make your own full analysis, but merely check that the information really is there.

Accept me or go to hell.
07-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Well that website isn't really good at all, since it's all done by 1 person.

I also have a feeling he may be religious because he donates 10% of his income which most religious people do. You know religious people will come up with so many excuses to protect their belief. Just like how they say the earth is perfectly in orbit to support water on it's surface and that god did it. When the new Kepler rocket discover so much more planets also like 40 some planets in the Goldilocks zone.

Zeitgeists was done by a collaboration of people,also some of their sources that cost money which probably be textbook, Which is also done by a collaboration of credential people. And many other sources as well.

He has a lot of hate mail, and it just feel's like his opinions on it.

Just because a movie can't explain everything, it doesn't mean it's all wrong.

I'm not sure about how the money mechanics work, but I'm sure of one thing that money enslaved people to work for a living. No work, no money, death.

07-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Money does not enslave people to work, being born enslaves people to work. You either work by farming, hunting and/or gathering food to stay alive and find a fresh source of water out in the wild (which carries quite a bit of risk with it) or you can work by having a job, earning a wage, and spending money to aquire the necessities. Either way you are working, the latter is the monetary system, which carries no inherent risk, carries a retirement, carries the oppurtunity for an easier life.
07-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Yeah that's true but with the monetary system, you will need money to acquire things.

I guess the R.B.E takes work off your hands because technology is growing ever so rapidly, that it is replacing our jobs. After all we can design things to help do things for us. Like those awesome mechanics in the show called factory made.

Well the economy will go down, if machines start getting more better and replacing people. I guess that's when the monetary system begins to fail once most physical tasks, and everyday task will be replace by machines.

Oh yeah I just remember about the conspiracy things about 9/11, and other things. Zeitgeist says the american used it as an excuse to go to war with Iraq, Vietnam, Afghanistan, and have wars with other countries. I can't believe Canada are in it's war. We made the middle east from bad to worst.

I accept their claims after all, going to war with Iraq for 9/11, isn't really justifiable.

The american, or the CIA, also decides to kinda corrupt government in foreign countries, because the newly elected officials were helping the people.

They use a 3 step approach
1. Corrupt government, or overthrow.
2. Jackals, to kill the government.
3. War if all else fails...

I guess another reason why people don't like america because of the wars.

Hm... now what were the other conspiracy I have forgotten, I practically remember about the R.B.E

Oh yeah religion, I don't know if that was good or not, seems okay, Well there are already lot's of things to show religion is wrong. I guess the movie wanted to make more freethinkers in society, It makes a lot of sense, and it seems pretty accurate, I trust them, don't want to go and verify.

Now just thinking about all of this make zeitgeist just more logical, freethinking, wonderful organization, to make society into a better place with a science type of system, the R.B.E.

Now wondering why everyone hates them so much. Oh well, most of zeitgeist members are young, and freethinkers. Well everyone in it seems young.