Zales advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2016, 11:54 PM
RE: Zales advertisement
I'm 100% for gay love. Mixed feelings about Zales wanting to profit off of it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
26-11-2016, 12:06 AM
(25-11-2016 11:54 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I'm 100% for gay love. Mixed feelings about Zales wanting to profit off of it.

But you're okay with them using hetero love for profit?
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
26-11-2016, 12:29 AM
(26-11-2016 12:06 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(25-11-2016 11:54 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I'm 100% for gay love. Mixed feelings about Zales wanting to profit off of it.

But you're okay with them using hetero love for profit?

I'd rather they didn't exist at all. I'd rather they didn't try to profit off the idea of any kind of love. Frankly, they can fuck off for trying to convince me to waste my money on their worthless bullshit to supposedly prove I care about someone.
26-11-2016, 12:37 AM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2016 12:45 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
Am I the only one who laughed my ass off when the "Million Moms" group letter included the phrase:

“Zales crossed a line,” the moms nag. “Zales is glorifying sin, and no sin should be placed in the spotlight and honored. This goes for homosexuality as well.”

(Emphasis mine.)

You mean... like coveting? You know, the Commandment?

The entire point of commercials is to induce covetousness-- "oooooooh, I want what they have! Look how awesome it would be to have what they have!"

Edit to Add: I'm still chuckling over this. I mean, seriously, I don't get the Christian fascination with sex-policing, especially with regard to homosexuality. From a theological standpoint, obsessing over one of the hundreds of Levitical law prohibitions while ignoring one of the Ten Commandments is a bit like being angry at a serial killer because he didn't pay his taxes.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-11-2016, 12:43 AM
(26-11-2016 12:29 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 12:06 AM)pablo Wrote:  But you're okay with them using hetero love for profit?

I'd rather they didn't exist at all. I'd rather they didn't try to profit off the idea of any kind of love. Frankly, they can fuck off for trying to convince me to waste my money on their worthless bullshit to supposedly prove I care about someone.

Unfortunately, love is big business.

They try to get us with everything from bling to flowers. When they try to tell us which type of love is acceptable, that's when the trouble starts.
26-11-2016, 12:47 AM
Consider

I've often wondered ... why don't men get given diamonds?

With its pro-lesbian stance and also use of the stereotype that the male gives to the female, the ad is simultaneously both blatantly anti gay men and idealising the patriarchy!

it's a disgrace, I tell you!

When are we going to see two men getting their rocks on?

Dodgy

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
26-11-2016, 01:36 AM

Strictly speaking, they're profitting off of stupid zealots, which I'm fine with.

Dear Million Moms,

Thanks for all the free publicity.

HeartHeartHeart Zales Marketting Staff

(26-11-2016 12:47 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I've often wondered ... why don't men get given diamonds?

Smarts. My lady knew better than to try and tempt me with sparkly carbon. I got meteorite!

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
26-11-2016, 02:22 AM
diamonds

precious metals

I'm no expert but I have a pretty negative impression of the industry in general
26-11-2016, 04:44 AM
(26-11-2016 12:43 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 12:29 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I'd rather they didn't exist at all. I'd rather they didn't try to profit off the idea of any kind of love. Frankly, they can fuck off for trying to convince me to waste my money on their worthless bullshit to supposedly prove I care about someone.

Unfortunately, love is big business.

They try to get us with everything from bling to flowers. When they try to tell us which type of love is acceptable, that's when the trouble starts.

Ultimately though -- wouldn't they do better to make money off hate?????

"For that son of a bitch you can't stand at work -- Zale's Diamonds -- shoot a few of these bad boys at that prick with a slingshot - and he'll know you don't care."

A huge untapped market.....

I see possibilities.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
26-11-2016, 06:01 AM
Perhaps the Christian community should focus less on boycotting gay marriage and more on boycotting African diamonds.
[+] 7 users Like Aliza's post