Zales advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2016, 06:20 AM
RE: Zales advertisement
What next? Are they going to show people wearing blended fabric? Eating shellfish?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2016, 06:22 AM
(26-11-2016 06:20 AM)Captain Congo Wrote:  What next? Are they going to show people wearing blended fabric? Eating shellfish?

I don't get it. Why would that be a dig at Christians?
26-11-2016, 06:55 AM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2016 10:17 AM by Captain Congo.)
(26-11-2016 06:22 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 06:20 AM)Captain Congo Wrote:  What next? Are they going to show people wearing blended fabric? Eating shellfish?

They are all considered sins. (For believers)
26-11-2016, 06:56 AM
(26-11-2016 06:22 AM)Aliza Wrote:  

Because it's on the list of bizarre Old Testament (yes I know you hate that term; I'm speaking from their perspective) Levitical prohibitions from which they choose to cherry-pick. Not bizarre for observant Jews, of course... but since Christians claim to have tossed most of the Levitical laws with the coming of Jayzus, it's silly to outsiders that they get REALLY bent out of shape over that one.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-11-2016, 11:17 AM
(26-11-2016 06:56 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 06:22 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I don't get it. Why would that be a dig at Christians?

Because it's on the list of bizarre Old Testament (yes I know you hate that term; I'm speaking from their perspective) Levitical prohibitions from which they choose to cherry-pick. Not bizarre for observant Jews, of course... but since Christians claim to have tossed most of the Levitical laws with the coming of Jayzus, it's silly to outsiders that they get REALLY bent out of shape over that one.

Yeah, I thought Christians make no effort what-so-ever to follow Jewish law. I thought it just wasn't a part of their religion at all.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
26-11-2016, 11:58 AM
(26-11-2016 12:29 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 12:06 AM)pablo Wrote:  But you're okay with them using hetero love for profit?

I'd rather they didn't exist at all. I'd rather they didn't try to profit off the idea of any kind of love. Frankly, they can fuck off for trying to convince me to waste my money on their worthless bullshit to supposedly prove I care about someone.

People have been decorating themselves with jewelry for various reasons from, love and status and even for war. They've been doing this for at least 20 thousand years and probably longer. Here's some gold jewelry from about 6 or 7 thousand years ago from the Varna Civilization in Bulgaria.

[Image: Varna-Man-e1449156514381.jpg]

I don't think it's ever going to end because baubles, bangles beads are fun to wear and people will make a profit from it like they do other unnecessary things humans buy.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
26-11-2016, 12:20 PM
(26-11-2016 06:01 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Perhaps the Christian community should focus less on boycotting gay marriage and more on boycotting African diamonds.

For some reason I don't see Pat Robertson spurring Evangelicals to do so, given his whole blood diamond operation under the cover of missionary relief work and all...

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
26-11-2016, 10:06 PM
(26-11-2016 12:20 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 06:01 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Perhaps the Christian community should focus less on boycotting gay marriage and more on boycotting African diamonds.

For some reason I don't see Pat Robertson spurring Evangelicals to do so, given his whole blood diamond operation under the cover of missionary relief work and all...

Holy shit, dude.

And that dude thinks *I'm* going to Hell?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
26-11-2016, 10:27 PM
Awesome! Big Grin
26-11-2016, 10:28 PM
(26-11-2016 11:58 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(26-11-2016 12:29 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I'd rather they didn't exist at all. I'd rather they didn't try to profit off the idea of any kind of love. Frankly, they can fuck off for trying to convince me to waste my money on their worthless bullshit to supposedly prove I care about someone.

People have been decorating themselves with jewelry for various reasons from, love and status and even for war. They've been doing this for at least 20 thousand years and probably longer. Here's some gold jewelry from about 6 or 7 thousand years ago from the Varna Civilization in Bulgaria.

[Image: Varna-Man-e1449156514381.jpg]

I don't think it's ever going to end because baubles, bangles beads are fun to wear and people will make a profit from it like they do other unnecessary things humans buy.

I bet that stuff fit better back in the day. Seems a little loose now.