Zeitgeist False Claims about Hourus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2013, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2013 08:07 AM by grizzlysnake.)
Zeitgeist False Claims about Hourus
Admittedly I was swayed by the similarities of Horus and Jesus but those claims proved to be false. Like..irreconcilably so. Horus was not born of a virgin, he was born to the sister/brother pair of Osiris and Isis. When Osiris was tricked into laying in a box (they had a banquet and everyone had a party game where everyone tried to fit in a beautiful ornate box..to bad Osiris fit) Seth and his accomplices nailed the coffin shut and sealed it with molten lead and sent it down the Nile, to then be entrapped in a growing tree. He was discovered in the box lifeless and Iiss turned into a falcon/hawk (depends on the version) and with her fluttering wings breathed life in Osiris again. Osiris died shortly after the two had a child, Horus, the falcon-headed sky god. Hours latter challenged his uncle Seth, castrated him and killed him but not before Seth cut Horus' eye.
another fun fact, the obelisk is a representation of Geb the earth gods penis rising to meet his sister/wife Nut, the god of the skies and heavens. Sorry to ruin that bit of egyptian architecture for youTongue
I been hearing the movie zeitgeist being spread around everywhere, perhaps its best to be informed than not at all of the claims.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
12-11-2013, 09:11 AM
RE: Zeitgeist False Claims about Hourus
(12-11-2013 07:57 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  another fun fact, the obelisk is a representation of Geb the earth gods penis rising to meet his sister/wife Nut, the god of the skies and heavens. Sorry to ruin that bit of egyptian architecture for youTongue

On the contrary, it's that much more interesting now. Big Grin

12-11-2013, 09:36 AM
I thought it was well-known that all of the Zeitgeist movies are garbage. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
12-11-2013, 09:43 AM
Vosur,

Please can I steal your signature?

That is all. Big Grin

12-11-2013, 11:48 AM
(12-11-2013 09:36 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I thought it was well-known that all of the Zeitgeist movies are garbage. Consider

Well I see that now since I watched it, but people don't usually investigate when it comes to other religious ideas. Bill Maher also said something similar in Religulous about Horus. There is no doubt that someone used that to debate the similarities to Jesus and other deities. People genuinely need to get their mythologies straightTongue
I'd have to agree with EA, your signature is amazing.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
12-11-2013, 09:04 PM
(12-11-2013 07:57 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Admittedly I was swayed by the similarities of Horus and Jesus but those claims proved to be false. Like..irreconcilably so. Horus was not born of a virgin, he was born to the sister/brother pair of Osiris and Isis. When Osiris was tricked into laying in a box (they had a banquet and everyone had a party game where everyone tried to fit in a beautiful ornate box..to bad Osiris fit) Seth and his accomplices nailed the coffin shut and sealed it with molten lead and sent it down the Nile, to then be entrapped in a growing tree. He was discovered in the box lifeless and Iiss turned into a falcon/hawk (depends on the version) and with her fluttering wings breathed life in Osiris again. Osiris died shortly after the two had a child, Horus, the falcon-headed sky god. Hours latter challenged his uncle Seth, castrated him and killed him but not before Seth cut Horus' eye.
another fun fact, the obelisk is a representation of Geb the earth gods penis rising to meet his sister/wife Nut, the god of the skies and heavens. Sorry to ruin that bit of egyptian architecture for youTongue
I been hearing the movie zeitgeist being spread around everywhere, perhaps its best to be informed than not at all of the claims.

Yeah, factually as I've said before all of Maher's Religulous is crap.
12-11-2013, 09:05 PM
(12-11-2013 09:11 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 07:57 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  another fun fact, the obelisk is a representation of Geb the earth gods penis rising to meet his sister/wife Nut, the god of the skies and heavens. Sorry to ruin that bit of egyptian architecture for youTongue

On the contrary, it's that much more interesting now. Big Grin

All monuments which rise from the ground are phallic, consciously or not. Drinking Beverage

Ok, I can't be that big of a smartass. Big Grin
12-11-2013, 09:28 PM
I dislike movies lacking in fact checking partly because truth is the most important aspect of a documentary, and also because when a claim is proven false, people sometimes fall into the logical fallacy where they think that, because their beliefs were challenged and the challenge was proven false, their beliefs have been somehow validated. It can backfire, very severely. Another high profile film, An Inconvenient Truth, is an example of this. When some of the information was shown to be inaccurate, so-called "skeptics" (wink wink) pounced on it and successfully used the film's inaccuracy as "evidence" against climate change. I think Fox News did exactly this some time ago, essentially saying that because Al Gore made a mistake, we have no reason to believe climate change is happening. It's been debunked in the minds of many people, thanks to an error in a movie.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]