Zeke's list of bugs you should let in or near house.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2016, 02:18 PM
RE: Zeke's list of bugs you should let in or near house.
A hand vac works best for ladybugs; the cat doesn't like the way they taste.

At times we have literally dozens of ladybugs in the house. Vacuum them up and they die. Leave them alone and they die, too. Bunch of corpses on the windowsills.

Hand vac works on the corpses, too, of course.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
14-03-2016, 02:22 PM
(14-03-2016 02:18 PM)julep Wrote:  A hand vac works best for ladybugs; the cat doesn't like the way they taste.

At times we have literally dozens of ladybugs in the house. Vacuum them up and they die. Leave them alone and they die, too. Bunch of corpses on the windowsills.

Hand vac works on the corpses, too, of course.

They look like ladybugs. They're most likely Japanese Beatles. They taste BAD to cats. (I can't tell the difference).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
14-03-2016, 05:21 PM
I'm okay with anything at all except spiders. They all die. No matter how small, no matter how harmless, don't care, will never care, they all must die.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
14-03-2016, 06:38 PM
(14-03-2016 05:21 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I'm okay with anything at all except spiders. They all die. No matter how small, no matter how harmless, don't care, will never care, they all must die.

Why?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
14-03-2016, 07:06 PM
(14-03-2016 06:38 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(14-03-2016 05:21 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I'm okay with anything at all except spiders. They all die. No matter how small, no matter how harmless, don't care, will never care, they all must die.

Why?

Because:

When I was 8 or so I woke up one spring morning and I was covered in a red rash. I had a bit of a fever but my mom was more concerned about the rash all over my body. We went to the drs and he looked at me, got out a magnifying glass and check nearly everywhere. He told my mom to give me a cool bath a couple times a day and it would go away on it own in a few days.

Then as he was pushing me out of the room he turned and asked her to check my room, especially all over my bed/headboard/footboard for a broken sac. The nurse led me away to the front as I heard my mother raise her voice, "OMG!" When we got home there on the underside of my headboard was a broken papery brown sac of what was once a spider egg sac. The million little creepers had hatched in the night and I was their first meal. Shocking

No spiders, no way... I have arachnophobia, not so bad that I can't force myself to kill them myself but pretty bad just the same. In fact just retelling this will most likely give me nightmares again for several days.

Not interested in why someone else thinks they aren't a real threat or fear of them is unreasonable. They bite, many are poisonous, they are small and can hide anywhere, fear of them is not unreasonable. The end.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
14-03-2016, 07:23 PM
(14-03-2016 07:06 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(14-03-2016 06:38 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Why?

Because:

When I was 8 or so I woke up one spring morning and I was covered in a red rash. I had a bit of a fever but my mom was more concerned about the rash all over my body. We went to the drs and he looked at me, got out a magnifying glass and check nearly everywhere. He told my mom to give me a cool bath a couple times a day and it would go away on it own in a few days.

Then as he was pushing me out of the room he turned and asked her to check my room, especially all over my bed/headboard/footboard for a broken sac. The nurse led me away to the front as I heard my mother raise her voice, "OMG!" When we got home there on the underside of my headboard was a broken papery brown sac of what was once a spider egg sac. The million little creepers had hatched in the night and I was their first meal. Shocking

No spiders, no way... I have arachnophobia, not so bad that I can't force myself to kill them myself but pretty bad just the same. In fact just retelling this will most likely give me nightmares again for several days.

Not interested in why someone else thinks they aren't a real threat or fear of them is unreasonable. They bite, many are poisonous, they are small and can hide anywhere, fear of them is not unreasonable. The end.

Well if it is that bad. First the venom is usually weak. Not many spider can kill. Second any fear that will give you nightmares should be over come.http://www.mentalhealthy.co.uk/anxiety/phobias/arachnophobia.html

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
14-03-2016, 07:23 PM
We had a roach recently that was probably crawling around in my room. I killed it.

14-03-2016, 07:24 PM
Bugs allowed in the house - ladybugs...all others must be destroyed.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-03-2016, 09:26 PM
Zeke's list of bugs you should let in or near house.
Jigsaw actually does have a pet lizard. Bad idea to let them eat bugs at random. However, I don't mind spiders and mantises inside. I have a lot of bees near my house, but I'm getting in contact with local beekeepers so they can safely rehome them. I wouldn't mind otherwise but if Jigsaw's lizard eats another bee, it could be fatal.

At some point, we've had a colony of crickets (never again), some sort of beetle larva farm, and Dubia colony. They were all for the little reptile.
15-03-2016, 03:38 PM
our little water-hat-wearing friends can be omnivorous!
http://www.americanarachnology.org/JoA_f...4-1-15.pdf