Zero Tolerance Policies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2011, 10:33 PM
RE: Zero Tolerance Policies
Well I have an easy enough solution to frivolous lawsuits in this country: enact a "loser pays" judicial system. Whomever loses in a civil suit must pay the other party's legal and attorney fees. Judges will be sitting around with nothing to do. But, I digress.

Be polite.
Be efficient.
Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2011, 07:30 AM
@BnW
Thanks for the answer.
I get your point now.

BTW - did you see this documentary ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlnwm11d6II
(in regard to US students)

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
23-03-2011, 10:35 AM

I have to agree whole heartedly with Lilith here. The state of parenting in this country is atrocious. The "not my baby he/she would NEVER do something like that" mentality sickens me. My parents first question about me was "what did he do?" Generally I'd already been whacked once or twice in anticipation of what I might have done. (BTW I'm not endorsing spanking its attitude thats the problem) Oh and its crazy that the very same parents that scream the loudest to get zero tolerance policies also scream the loudest when their child brings an asprin to school and get suspended. Just like the same folks that were screaming "vote the losers out of office" in Wisconsin, are protesting the new guys doing JUST WHAT THEY SAID THEY WOULD DO! We overreact that's what we do.
Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2011, 11:37 AM
(23-03-2011 10:35 AM)Dregs Wrote:  The state of parenting in this country is atrocious. The "not my baby he/she would NEVER do something like that" mentality sickens me.

Amen! Er, if you'll pardon the expression...

Be polite.
Be efficient.
23-03-2011, 12:20 PM

(20-03-2011 07:35 AM)ConditionYellow Wrote:  What's the consensus? I saw this video. It's an interview with Casey, the bully victim that fought back.

Somethings wrong with the sound in my computer. It keeps saying no sound device detected. But I could swear I could play CD's on this thing before. In any case, I can't watch video links, but I did catch this clip on the news. (finally)
I loved it! Go Casey Heynes! That punk ass bully limped away stunned for a long time, while Casey simply walked away. Beautiful!

What did we learnnnn? Asshole!

I think there should be a zero tolerance policy applied against teachers and higher ranking staff who ignore bullies, until a victim like this young man in the article/video are forced to fight back because no one in charge of protecting the children does, until a child decides to take to self-protection.

When Casey Heynes said in an interview after this incident, that he'd contemplated suicide a year ago because of what he suffered in school, while no teachers had a zero tolerance policy for bullying but do for self-defense, it's a sorry testament to depraved indifference by adults who parents entrust their children to for more hours in the day than the parent(s) see's their own child.

Go Casey! I bet that little bastard doesn't mess with you anymore. Meanwhile,Casey's parents should sue hell out of the school, the bully and his family that raised him to be so depraved, because bullies should have to pay for their Sociopathy!
Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2011, 06:10 PM
(22-03-2011 08:11 PM)ConditionYellow Wrote:  My challenge is still open. Until I see the evidence, everything else is lip service. No disrespect.

Sorry, been buried with work for a while (still am actually) and catching up. Is this direct at me? If so, tell me what the challenge is and I'll see if I can man up to it.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
25-03-2011, 06:41 PM
(21-03-2011 08:48 PM)ConditionYellow Wrote:  Show me one law that says I have no right to defend myself at work. One law in any US state. Or even any case law.

Also show me where I said I have the right to "just" start shooting people. How did you even get to that conclusion?

Be polite.
Be efficient.
25-03-2011, 08:20 PM
There's no need to have a law for that, as long as there is no law they can do as they wish. It's not illegal to state you can't defend yourself at work, because it's also not legal. Negatives tend to work that way. If nothing says you can then nothing says you can't.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
25-03-2011, 09:47 PM
(25-03-2011 06:41 PM)ConditionYellow Wrote:  
(21-03-2011 08:48 PM)ConditionYellow Wrote:  Show me one law that says I have no right to defend myself at work. One law in any US state. Or even any case law.

Also show me where I said I have the right to "just" start shooting people. How did you even get to that conclusion?

Ahh, ok. Now I follow.

One of your first responses in this thread were as follows:

(25-03-2011 06:41 PM)ConditionYellow Wrote:  Doesn't matter where you work. In this country you have a legal right to defend yourself. That's the purpose of the 2nd Amendment in the Bill of Rights.

That was what I reacted to. That statement is wrong on 2 counts.

Count 1, the right to defend yourself has nothing to do with where you work. The way you stated this (and perhaps I just misunderstood), implies that you have some kind of right to defend yourself that trumps your employers right to fire your self-defending ass. That's incorrect, and you have no such right as an employee. You can argue self defense against a criminal charge, but if you win you may be heading right to the unemployment line. And, there is not thing 1 you can really do about it (again, if you're in a union that changes a little but let us ignore collective bargaining for a minute).

Count 2: The purpose of the 2nd Amendment is not to grant you a right of self defense. It has nothing at all to do with self defense.

As for the "shooting people" comment, when someone throws out the 2nd Amendment, I think it's safe to assume that they were not thinking of defending themselves by giving someone a giant wedgie. I think it's fair to say that it implies a shooting response. You may not have meant it that way but that's pretty much what it implies, at least to me.

As for self defense in general, yes, as a general rule you have the right to defend yourself, I never denied that. But, that is, again, a matter of criminal defense, not employment. And, even with self defense there are nuances. If someone punches you and you pull at a gun and shoot him - well, you may beat that charge but I'd spend the extra money on a really good lawyer and not rely on the PD. The defense has to be proportionate to the actual threat. That doesn't mean if he pulls a knife you also have to pull a knife - a weapon is a weapon - but it does mean that if he throws a punch you better think twice before you escalate to something other than a fist.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost