Zodiac Sign Morons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2016, 04:26 PM
Zodiac Sign Morons
These people kill me. And it seems to be getting worse for many.

The newest trend on social media is a meme that lists some personality trait followed by all the signs that exhibit this behavior and then referencing it as a "squad".

Just another superstitious, non-reality based behavior of our species. I don't blame myself for hating people.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2016, 06:07 PM
RE: Zodiac Sign Morons

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
26-01-2016, 06:48 PM
Having two daughters, both Scorpios, who are as different as night and day certainly put the 'traits' claimed in a different light.

I used to read my horoscope every day in the paper. It was just a something I did after reading the comics...seems appropriate they were usually on the same page. Your daily horoscope is so vague that it can almost always fit...in fact they fit better than most Biblical (and other) prophecies.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
26-01-2016, 07:46 PM
The zodiac is outdated. But it makes people feel good. It also shows I am a patient man, seeing as it takes everything in me not to say it is bullshit when someone post about it.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
26-01-2016, 08:08 PM
It was this new fad of referring to the signs that share these traits as a "squad" that pushed me to vent with this thread.

I almost hope it's more of a reality of where I live and not the general American culture, but the overwhelming majority of the population surrounding me in southern Oklahoma is poorly educated and proud of it, yet still arrogant and confident in their "rightness". They believe anyone who dislikes them or disagrees is a "hater" or jealous. They pour their personal drama, superstitions and religious beliefs onto their social media and take offense when someone objects or comments in a manner that isn't suited to their liking.

Sorry to rant but the signs shit has been a straw on this camel's back.
26-01-2016, 08:49 PM
I think they're fun to read--like a fortune in a fortune cookie. But, no, I don't believe they have any real life significance.
26-01-2016, 09:41 PM
I wish someone would run an experiment that provides actual (but unidentified) character profiles from all 12 signs and let test subjects select the top three that they think fits their personality. –And I’d like to see the experiment done with a group of people who do not know anything about their signs at all, and also a group of people who believe in astrology.

The personality profiles that are attributed to each sign are reported with some consistency from all of the astrology sources. There seems to be a consensus among the powers that be of astrology that Capricorns are successful and down to earth, that Cancers are natural care givers, and that Librans are social butterflies.

Maybe what’s really happening is that people who have been exposed to their astrological profile subconsciously bring their personalities in line with the character traits that are expected of their sign because that’s what they believe they’re supposed to be.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
01-02-2016, 03:35 PM
(26-01-2016 09:41 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I wish someone would run an experiment that provides actual (but unidentified) character profiles from all 12 signs and let test subjects select the top three that they think fits their personality. –And I’d like to see the experiment done with a group of people who do not know anything about their signs at all, and also a group of people who believe in astrology.

The personality profiles that are attributed to each sign are reported with some consistency from all of the astrology sources. There seems to be a consensus among the powers that be of astrology that Capricorns are successful and down to earth, that Cancers are natural care givers, and that Librans are social butterflies.

Maybe what’s really happening is that people who have been exposed to their astrological profile subconsciously bring their personalities in line with the character traits that are expected of their sign because that’s what they believe they’re supposed to be.

In much the same way that drinking whiskey turns people into assholes and drinking tequila turns them into wild party animals.

Both just serve as an excuse to behave in ways that they already wanted to.

Instant arsehole, add lame justification and stir.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
01-02-2016, 04:04 PM
(01-02-2016 03:35 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  In much the same way that drinking whiskey turns people into assholes and drinking tequila turns them into wild party animals.

Well.... whiskey doesn't turn everyone into an asshole. Tongue

Blush
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
01-02-2016, 05:09 PM
(01-02-2016 04:04 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(01-02-2016 03:35 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  In much the same way that drinking whiskey turns people into assholes and drinking tequila turns them into wild party animals.

Well.... whiskey doesn't turn everyone into an asshole. Tongue

Blush

It certainly don't affect ones who don't drink it Big Grin.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.