Zombies wouldn't be all that cool..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2011, 03:29 PM
RE: Zombies wouldn't be all that cool..
(27-10-2011 03:14 PM)Thammuz Wrote:  I'm a huge zombie fan and the post-apocalyptic world overrun with zombies does seem somewhat cool. Living the dream/nightmare would be totally different. Just think about the following things (excluding the slaughter of billions):

-The industry would come to a halt, no more production. Ok, you can steal stuff from former humans, but it'll decay over time, decreasing its effectivity. Medication will be useless in a matter of years.

-Food production: farmland is kind of hard to protect and it will be hard to secure those areas. Canned food only lasts for so long...

-Electricity, running (warm) water... all gone. You might use generators for a while, but all that precious gas will soon be gone.

-Roving bands, absence of law: Calmyoutitsbro will surely be gang-raped and there won't be anyone coming to help. Big Grin

-Can a zombie virus be transmitted to birds? or insects? Nothing well be safe in that case.

-I missed a lot of things, feel free to add some.

... It actually looks pretty shitty if you think about it. It might be fun in a 90-min zombie flick, but the hardships will be hard to bear for those that are used to Western comfort.

I've thought about what a real apocalyptic cataclysm would make the world look like... and it would probably be really really blurry. Assuming I survived (we would all like to be one of the survivors) then I better learn how to make glasses real quick and get myself some equipment for it. Otherwise when my glasses break I'm hosed. Angry

The lawlessness would get old really quick; especially the first time someone stole your shit, beat the crap out of you, or killed you. There's always someone out there bigger and crazier than you are.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2011, 03:36 PM

The zombie apocalypse is my dream come true.
I have no special talents, but I think that if zombies roamed, I would finally find it.
Don't judge me, just because I'm a female.
Who says that girls can't kick ass too?
Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Jesus caused zombie's to rise therefore it must be cool.

The real cool part would be if the majority of Christians actually knew that is what the bible says.
28-10-2011, 08:56 AM
(27-10-2011 05:09 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Jesus caused zombie's to rise therefore it must be cool.

The real cool part would be if the majority of Christians actually knew that is what the bible says.

gay...
28-10-2011, 08:57 AM

(27-10-2011 03:14 PM)Thammuz Wrote:  -Roving bands, absence of law: Calmyoutitsbro will surely be gang-raped and there won't be anyone coming to help. Big Grin

Wink Oh really now?
02-11-2011, 06:12 AM
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. If you survive the first infection, you need to move your ass pronto, no time for remorse. If you start crying, you are gone. Would I be able to start? Probably, in my times of panic and need, my survival instinct would always take over and I was always ready to make decisions and actions, while people around me would be panicking or crying. So, I do not think I would freeze in time of need. And although zombies would not be cool, there is something in all that survival mode.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
02-11-2011, 09:55 AM

Think about it.
"Jesus" rose from the dead.
Prime example of a zombie.
02-11-2011, 09:57 AM
(02-11-2011 09:55 AM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  Think about it.
"Jesus" rose from the dead.
Prime example of a zombie.

Yeah but jesus wasnt real... -.-
[+] 2 users Like DaylightDusk's post
09-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Out of all these zombie replies, none of you have stopped to think for a second that this might be an airborne infection...

There is a possibility that some of us will be naturally immune, but that's likely slim.

But yes, in a perfect zombie world, only the religious extremists would become them. In which case I say, PINATA TIME!

In a video game scenario...

My weapon of choice would be a genuine Katana blade. Stays sharp a very long time. Blunt weapons are cool, but they are slow and usually heavy.

I would also wear body armor so I can't be bit. Motorcycle gear should be sufficient. I'd possibly choose an H1 hummer as my vehicle, although gas would be a pain. Might have to armor up a Prius.

I'd make a base out of a mall. Ideally, one by a grocery store. Why a mall? I need to do something in my downtime. They have games and big screen tvs in there you know.
10-11-2011, 06:22 AM
NoahsFarce, please read all the posts in this thread, I have explained in detail why katana is not a good weapon for the zomclipse, first of all you (probably) don't know how to properly use it and to keep it sharp you have no idea what you have to do and how many fine materials you need to maintain it. An axe would be much, much, MUCH better choice.

Katana without a samurai is nothing, just a nice looking relic on a wall. Plus, it is not polite to use such a perfect sword on something as awful as a zombie, it is sacrilegious. It's like you use it to chop wood, it just isn't right.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson