Zombies wouldn't be all that cool..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2011, 06:28 AM
RE: Zombies wouldn't be all that cool..
(10-11-2011 06:22 AM)Filox Wrote:  NoahsFarce, please read all the posts in this thread, I have explained in detail why katana is not a good weapon for the zomclipse, first of all you (probably) don't know how to properly use it and to keep it sharp you have no idea what you have to do and how many fine materials you need to maintain it. An axe would be much, much, MUCH better choice.

Katana without a samurai is nothing, just a nice looking relic on a wall. Plus, it is not polite to use such a perfect sword on something as awful as a zombie, it is sacrilegious. It's like you use it to chop wood, it just isn't right.

Lol. Actually, although I'm not a trained Samurai, I am a martial artist and I have handled a Katana so you're wrong on that account. Plus I'm Asian so a Katana looks good on me Tongue

But yes, I was speaking of a real Katana (would stay sharp a long time, also it was on that Ultimate Warrior[?] show on Spike) so I will have to concede to your point about it being wasteful on zombies. No honor in Katana slicing helpless zombies.

Axe is too heavy.

I just might have to stick to aluminum bats. Maybe some Kata sticks. And keep a few glocks on me for good measure.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2011, 06:32 AM
(10-11-2011 06:28 AM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Lol. Actually, although I'm not a trained Samurai, I am a martial artist and I have handled a Katana so you're wrong on that account. Plus I'm Asian so a Katana looks good on me Tongue

But yes, I was speaking of a real Katana (would stay sharp a long time, also it was on that Ultimate Warrior[?] show on Spike) so I will have to concede to your point about it being wasteful on zombies. No honor in Katana slicing helpless zombies.

Axe is too heavy.

I just might have to stick to aluminum bats. Maybe some Kata sticks. And keep a few glocks on me for good measure.

The problem with something like an axe is that if you're chopping away though a crowd and your axe gets wedged in a zombie you are totally fucked. I'm not expert but I would imagine something like a katana would be far less likely to have that problem. That's also the reason that I wouldn't discount blunt weapons.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
10-11-2011, 06:35 AM
(10-11-2011 06:32 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  The problem with something like an axe is that if you're chopping away though a crowd and your axe gets wedged in a zombie you are totally fucked. I'm not expert but I would imagine something like a katana would be far less likely to have that problem. That's also the reason that I wouldn't discount blunt weapons.

Yea, I don't like the idea of an axe. Too heavy, big, slow, and the problem you brought up.

I can deal with even a dull Katana. Can always pick up extra sets too.

But as I said, I'd be in body armor. Maybe some brass knuckle fun is in order.
10-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Here's a few simple rules to keep you alive and kicking.

1. Cardio
2. The Double Tap
3. Beware of Bathrooms
4. Wear Seat Belts
5. No Attachments
6. The “Skillet”
7. Travel Light
8. Get a Kick Ass Partner
9. With your Bare Hands
10. Don’t Swing Low
11. Use Your Foot
12. Bounty Paper Towels
13. Shake it Off
14. Always carry a change of underwear
15. Bowling Ball
16. Opportunity Knocks
17. Don’t be a hero (later crossed out to be a hero)
18. Limber Up
19. Break it Up
20. It’s a marathon, not a sprint, unless it’s a sprint, then sprint
21. Avoid Strip Clubs
22. When in doubt Know your way out
23. Ziploc
24. Use your thumbs
25. Shoot First
26. A little sun screen never hurt anybody
27. Incoming!
28. Double-Knot your Shoes
29. The Buddy System
30. Pack your stain stick
31. Check the back seat
32. Enjoy the little things
33. Swiss army Knife

"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.” -Siddhārtha Gautama
"I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.” -Lao Tzu
"...thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself..." -Jesus
[+] 1 user Likes Thinking about Myths's post
11-11-2011, 03:12 AM
OK, you guys think you would slice through zombies with a katana? I say there is no way you'd do that. NoahsFarce, you say you had training with a katana, that is good, then you know how to hold it, but have you tried cutting something? To make a nice clean cut it takes a lot of practice and a very precise hit, so in a situation where you are surrounded by zombies, you (and everybody else, except Steven Segal Smile ) you would hit the first one and got your katana stuck in the middle of a zombie. Problem with zombies is that you can not slice and dice them little by little, you need to destroy a brain, quickly and efficiently. Using two katanas is extremely hard, specially the precise slice with one hand, it is a completely different technique of sword fighting. To test your claims, take a 2 liter plastic bottle, fill it with water, hang it on a tree, so it can move and try to slice it with one clean strike. You can use any sharp sword, if you can do it, you have a good technique, you could do it with a katana. If you can't do it, than no katana in the world would help you. Then try to do it while moving, avoiding imaginary enemies, or try cutting through that bottle with one hand. I would love to see you struggling, I know I had hours of trouble and practice until I did it the right way. And I had 3 years of experience in training. It's not that simple as it sounds, a technique is very demanding.

When I said "axe" I didn't mean these big two-handed ones, but smaller ones, one-handed. This is the weapon you can dual-wield, small, fast, will not break, cracks the skull on impact, a bit of brute force is all you need, no technique required, half blunt, half sharp weapon. A perfect melee weapons for anyone to dual-wield. Like a tomahawk, only a bit sharper.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
13-11-2011, 09:32 AM
(11-11-2011 03:12 AM)Filox Wrote:  OK, you guys think you would slice through zombies with a katana? I say there is no way you'd do that. NoahsFarce, you say you had training with a katana, that is good, then you know how to hold it, but have you tried cutting something? To make a nice clean cut it takes a lot of practice and a very precise hit, so in a situation where you are surrounded by zombies, you (and everybody else, except Steven Segal Smile ) you would hit the first one and got your katana stuck in the middle of a zombie. Problem with zombies is that you can not slice and dice them little by little, you need to destroy a brain, quickly and efficiently. Using two katanas is extremely hard, specially the precise slice with one hand, it is a completely different technique of sword fighting. To test your claims, take a 2 liter plastic bottle, fill it with water, hang it on a tree, so it can move and try to slice it with one clean strike. You can use any sharp sword, if you can do it, you have a good technique, you could do it with a katana. If you can't do it, than no katana in the world would help you. Then try to do it while moving, avoiding imaginary enemies, or try cutting through that bottle with one hand. I would love to see you struggling, I know I had hours of trouble and practice until I did it the right way. And I had 3 years of experience in training. It's not that simple as it sounds, a technique is very demanding.

When I said "axe" I didn't mean these big two-handed ones, but smaller ones, one-handed. This is the weapon you can dual-wield, small, fast, will not break, cracks the skull on impact, a bit of brute force is all you need, no technique required, half blunt, half sharp weapon. A perfect melee weapons for anyone to dual-wield. Like a tomahawk, only a bit sharper.

Exactly, people think they can watch a movie and know what to do. You cant cut threw a human body like that. People that think they would be cool with zombies are a liar. Nobody can go threw that kind of emotional distress and be calm, except like the army vets that have killed many people. So to all of those who think they would be alright.... ZOMBIES WOULD'NT BE ALL THAT COOL!!!