Zombies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2017, 10:05 AM
RE: Zombies
Yeah, I shoulda read that first post better---went back and saw that after I asked. Do you go out and participate in zombie events though? In costume? I've seen some kind of zombie "fun run" advertised for not far from here a year or two ago.

By chance have you seen the new Gong Show? A recent episode had a dance group, zombie style. Hilariously disturbing and well-executed!

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
23-07-2017, 10:06 AM
(23-07-2017 10:03 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 09:10 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I have not seen the Lederhosen Zombies. Laugh out load I'll check that out now Thumbsup Smile

Boss Lady is the zombie zombie, she liked it. Facepalm

Well, if Boss Lady liked it.... Tongue
23-07-2017, 10:08 AM
(23-07-2017 10:05 AM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Yeah, I shoulda read that first post better---went back and saw that after I asked. Do you go out and participate in zombie events though? In costume? I've seen some kind of zombie "fun run" advertised for not far from here a year or two ago.

By chance have you seen the new Gong Show? A recent episode had a dance group, zombie style. Hilariously disturbing and well-executed!

I didn't see the Gong Show one and I would absolutely loooove to do a Zombie Fun Run. I have not been to any zombie events yet, but it is on my agenda for sure Big Grin
23-07-2017, 11:19 AM
The original Gong Show ran in the late 1970s. The new one is a pale imitation but hopefully it will get better. But this zombie ballet was AWESOME! Or else I enjoyed the original more because of, well, let's call it....substances. Ah. Good times.

I've been working on an act to try to audition for them if there is a season 2. Not zombie related. Heard about the remake too late to try to get on this year.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
23-07-2017, 12:26 PM
There's a Zombie Walk in Portland every year...rain or shine.

[Image: 4043649924_8df875017b.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
23-07-2017, 12:32 PM
I've got a few book / audio book series is recommend...

"Zombie Fallout" by Mark Tufo
Probably my favorite zombie based storyline. Also has a few vampires thrown into the mix, both as antagonists and protagonists, cause why not? The author is a marine with a fucked up sense of humour, so naturally I love everything he writes.

"The Remaining" by DJ Molles
Not technically zombies (infected, more like the 28 days later variety), but definitely in that genre. Starts with a guy who is a coordinator in a government initiative called Project Hometown in which he locks himself in an underground bunker at the onset of any stability threatening event, i.e. zombie apocalypse, then hides out while the worst of it passes, then pops out armed to the teeth and with access to a number of underground weapon, food, and medical supply caches which he is expected to use to reestablish the government in whichever state he is assigned in collaboration with other coordinators, one from each state.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
23-07-2017, 12:39 PM
(23-07-2017 11:19 AM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  The original Gong Show ran in the late 1970s. The new one is a pale imitation but hopefully it will get better. But this zombie ballet was AWESOME! Or else I enjoyed the original more because of, well, let's call it....substances. Ah. Good times.

I've been working on an act to try to audition for them if there is a season 2. Not zombie related. Heard about the remake too late to try to get on this year.

Oooh a zombie ballet Heart Good luck with your Gong audition Smile
23-07-2017, 12:45 PM
(23-07-2017 12:26 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  There's a Zombie Walk in Portland every year...rain or shine.

[Image: 4043649924_8df875017b.jpg]

I'm there Big Grin
23-07-2017, 12:46 PM
(23-07-2017 12:32 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I've got a few book / audio book series is recommend...

"Zombie Fallout" by Mark Tufo
Probably my favorite zombie based storyline. Also has a few vampires thrown into the mix, both as antagonists and protagonists, cause why not? The author is a marine with a fucked up sense of humour, so naturally I love everything he writes.

"The Remaining" by DJ Molles
Not technically zombies (infected, more like the 28 days later variety), but definitely in that genre. Starts with a guy who is a coordinator in a government initiative called Project Hometown in which he locks himself in an underground bunker at the onset of any stability threatening event, i.e. zombie apocalypse, then hides out while the worst of it passes, then pops out armed to the teeth and with access to a number of underground weapon, food, and medical supply caches which he is expected to use to reestablish the government in whichever state he is assigned in collaboration with other coordinators, one from each state.

Thanks, I'll have to check those out! Thumbsup
23-07-2017, 01:26 PM
There's a "Zombie Pub Crawl" once a year here in Dallas too; I've never gone, but it looks awesome.

I too, got a kick out of Wasting Away it was pretty funny (IMDb link gives the newer title), some other lesser-known Zombie movies that are worth checking out:
Fido (hysterical flick if you haven't seen it!)
Wyrmwood (low budget, but great Aussie flick)
Cockneys vs Zombies (cheesy title, but a really fun movie!)
Juan of the Dead (in Spanish, but freaking awesome!)
The Horde (French, also awesome!)
Girl with all the Gifts
(more recent, and pretty decent!)
[+] 1 user Likes Grauwyler's post