Zombies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2017, 10:42 AM
RE: Zombies
(23-07-2017 09:01 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead are both on hiatus, so I'm on a zombie drought Undecided Tongue On PhotoFunia you can zombify yourself.

Zombies don't have to look so awful. That's just zombie chic.

Remember, most zombies would be well-preserved little old men and little old women, probably with bad hair and church clothes.

Hobo
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
24-07-2017, 10:46 AM
(24-07-2017 10:42 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 09:01 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead are both on hiatus, so I'm on a zombie drought Undecided Tongue On PhotoFunia you can zombify yourself.

Zombies don't have to look so awful.

Yes they do Tongue Wink Evil_monster
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
24-07-2017, 08:53 PM
Train to Busan is worth a watch, though not for everyone. Korean movies have a unique brand of drama :/ You end up hating some of the people more than the zombies.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
24-07-2017, 09:08 PM
(24-07-2017 08:53 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Train to Busan is worth a watch, though not for everyone. Korean movies have a unique brand of drama :/ You end up hating some of the people more than the zombies.

Oooh, just watched the trailer. That looks good! That'll probably be my weekend movie Thumbsup
25-07-2017, 06:42 PM
Wanting-Brains Shufflington is having difficulty using this zombifier! Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
25-07-2017, 07:26 PM
GenesisNemesis--are you gonna zombie yourself or what? Tongue You're like the only one on here besides me who posts crazy duckface photos, so I'm assuming you're not beyond zombie-ing yourself. Laugh out load Zombie that shit up Wink
25-07-2017, 07:45 PM
[Image: izombie.png]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
26-07-2017, 03:42 AM
Folks,

Couple of suggestions. With George Romero recently deceased it might be a tribute to go back to the original "Night" for a viewing.

As a keen arbalist I sometimes take a look at the hobby site "Zombie go Boom!" for some practical survival tips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLckffHVQaM

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
27-07-2017, 02:51 AM

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
13-08-2017, 06:43 PM
I wish this thread were a bit older, so I could resurrect it. Would be fitting.
Anyway...

Since iZombie will be returning midseason 2018, I'm very glad. I'm reading the original books now, and I agree the changes were much better. The original books would have made for a horrible TV series. I'm about halfway through the run (28 issues, 2010-2012) and I prefer the TV one to the books.

Various differences:
The books were in Eugene, Oregon instead of Seattle, Washington. I had a friend from Eugene, and from what he said, it's boring enough that there would have been fewer story ideas in Eugene.

The book is about Gwen Dylan, who was a university student going for her BFA, if I remember. She took a job as a grave digger, giving her the opportunity to snack on cerebral snacks. I think having Liv Moore being a medical student who took a job as a medical examiner was a better choice.

Gwen's best friend is a ghost who is stuck in Eugene. The reason is that ghosts can't travel anywhere they don't have memories of. Since Ellie grew up in Eugene and never traveled, she's stuck there for now.

Yeah, a ghost. The books had other supernatural things. Zombies, ghosts, thropes (were-animals), and so on.

Gwen and Ellie have a friend who is a were-terrier. Yeah, like a West Highland terrier. During a full moon he turns into his were-terrier form and stays home.

Gwen realizes she's losing her memories. When Amon asks her how she died, she can't remember. She even forgot she had a brother until she talked to a friend from back when she was human. On TV, Liv and the others remember fine.

Gwen does get flashbacks from the brains. That part is so integral that works in both. But so far, in the books, I don't think Gwen takes on any part of the personality. From what I can tell so far, in the books it's more like The Sixth Sense where she helps them resolve some final issue.

I like the TV take on the personality absorption. It's hilarious to see Liv as a frat rat, Major as a teen girl, and so on.

I'm eager to see season 4. There are so many things I can't wait to see.
Is Ravi going to turn? I don't think they'll go that way. But seeing as Ravi is so much into research, I won't be angry if he does. He'd be able to experience all these things first-hand. Then, in a way, he and Blaine could become friends. (In real life, they are.) Blaine went for a while not wanting to be a zombie, and Ravi doesn't really want to, so it could be interesting.

Will Major ever go back to being human? After his friends were killed, I don't think it's an option now. But what if Liv becomes human?

Will anyone ever take the place of Minor?
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post