Zoophiles march on Berlin to demand equal rights

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2013, 07:34 PM
RE: Zoophiles march on Berlin to demand equal rights
(23-09-2013 05:49 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  
(23-09-2013 05:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The difference is simple. Homosexuality/heterosexuality are both about Consensual relationships. Animals and children are unable to give Informed Consent by definition.

This also seems like an argument against that point of view. Animals can't give consent, right? So they aren't smart enough? If they aren't sentient, they probably couldn't care less what happens to them.

So, do you still torture small animals? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2013, 07:40 PM
(23-09-2013 07:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-09-2013 05:49 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  This also seems like an argument against that point of view. Animals can't give consent, right? So they aren't smart enough? If they aren't sentient, they probably couldn't care less what happens to them.

So, do you still torture small animals? Consider

Not anym-I mean no.

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
Find all posts by this user
23-09-2013, 07:59 PM
I am against zoophilia, but did you realy compare torture with sex?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
23-09-2013, 08:01 PM
(23-09-2013 07:59 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  I am against zoophilia, but did you realy compare torture with sex?

No. It was responding to the "non-sentient = doesn't care what happens" idea floated by TSG. Non-sentient animals certainly care if you torture them, by any reasonable definition.

... this is my signature!
23-09-2013, 08:18 PM
(23-09-2013 07:59 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  I am against zoophilia, but did you realy compare torture with sex?

I compared the uncaring attitude, dismissive of the welfare of the animal.

I employed the rhetorical device of hyperbole. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-09-2013, 10:02 PM
I'm surprised Zoophilia is not accepted in Germany.
07-11-2013, 12:06 AM
(23-09-2013 08:01 PM)cjlr Wrote:  

No. It was responding to the "non-sentient = doesn't care what happens" idea floated by TSG. Non-sentient animals certainly care if you torture them, by any reasonable definition.

Actually by the very definition of sentient non-sentient lack the ability to care, I do not for one second think most animals are not sentient.
07-11-2013, 01:02 AM
(25-09-2013 10:02 PM)Juv Wrote:  I'm surprised Zoophilia is not accepted in Germany.

Just to give a little insight that's actually from germany Smile

Zoophilia is still legal in germany, and I for one didn't hear anything about plans to ban it. And I doubt that anything like that will happen soon, since it's just not apparent in the news at all. The article the OP posted has a picture out of the BILD, which admittedly is a big "newspaper" but also the biggest pile of crap, and everyone knows that. I'd even be embarrassed being seen buying it. It's a rather conservative newspaper as well. So... if you see that name coming up anywhere in relation to germany... doubt it's credibility, if not discard it completely.

[Image: panda_0077.gif]
07-11-2013, 01:23 AM
RyanD
Quote:I also wanted to add that zoophilia is not a choice people make. It is (and is starting to be recognised as such by professionals) a sexual orientation. A zoophile can no more choose not to be zoo than a homosexual man can simply choose not to be gay.
And yes it IS an equal rights issue.
We live in a world where people who work in animal breeding industries are allowed to sexually arouse animals for profit. They are allowed to restrain female animals to be raped by a male of their choosing so they can get the offspring they want. They can perform almost any manipulation or mutilation to an animals genitals they want as long as this is done for either profit or for “medical” reasons. These things are ok but an act performed for the mutual enjoyment of both parties or in some cases simply for the enjoyment of the non-human party is bad. Even some of those acts that can legally be performed for profit are illegal if done in a non-commercial situation!

Please someone tell me this is a fake article with fake commenters. Please someone please tell me that this guy is not serious??

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
07-11-2013, 03:11 AM
Creepy zoophiles need to stop equating bestiality to homosexuality.

Sexual orientation is about what sex you are attracted to. There are four options (more if you include hermaphrodites): same sex, opposite sex, both sexes, or neither. "Horse" is not a sex. Sexual orientation would be whether you like male horses, female horses, both, or neither. Bestiality is about what you want to have sex with, which is a category of its own. What includes humans, horses, squids, cars, carpets...

And not all whats are equal. Inanimate objects are fine as long as you own them; they feel nothing. But other species of animals do feel, and they can't give informed consent.

The sex shouldn't matter in law because it has no bearing on the ability to give consent. The what, however, very much does.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 2 users Like Elesjei's post