a brief synopsis of sythgoat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2013, 04:58 PM
a brief synopsis of sythgoat
About a year ago, I found an ad for Deconverted: A Journey From Religion To Reason. I then found TTA podcast on Itunes. I downloaded an episode and was hooked. I immediately listened to the entire back catalog over time. It is now my favorite podcast and I look forward to each episode. I was raised in Lower Alabama and am a former believer. The podcast has helped me find my own path that I once thought was lost. I just got out of the service after 10 years of service and came out to my family as an atheist. My brother has shunned me. My parents don't speak to me very much. It is an uncomfortable feeling. I want to thank Seth Andrews and TTA for presenting a sane voice in an insane world. I hope to meet a community of non-believers and have good, friendly conversation.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes sythgoat's post
19-11-2013, 05:04 PM
RE: a brief synopsis of sythgoat
(19-11-2013 04:58 PM)sythgoat Wrote:  About a year ago, I found an ad for Deconverted: A Journey From Religion To Reason. I then found TTA podcast on Itunes. I downloaded an episode and was hooked. I immediately listened to the entire back catalog over time. It is now my favorite podcast and I look forward to each episode. I was raised in Lower Alabama and am a former believer. The podcast has helped me find my own path that I once thought was lost. I just got out of the service after 10 years of service and came out to my family as an atheist. My brother has shunned me. My parents don't speak to me very much. It is an uncomfortable feeling. I want to thank Seth Andrews and TTA for presenting a sane voice in an insane world. I hope to meet a community of non-believers and have good, friendly conversation.

Welcome to the forum.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Good to have you syth, welcome.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
19-11-2013, 05:57 PM
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
19-11-2013, 06:36 PM
"Lower Alabama"

Isn't it all low?

Or is that a geographical reference?