a deep thought i frequently have

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2015, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2015 04:43 PM by smileXsmileXsmile.)
so if you were to observe the universe objectively, and exclude anything earth related, you would never imagine there to be something like life in the universe; you just would just see molecules, chemicals, rocks, dust, plamsa, etc. You certainly wouldn't guess that something like life could arise. Maybe there's something else extraordinary, like life, that goes on in the universe. Like life #2; not extraterrestrial life, but a whole separate extraordinary phenomena. There's 7 billion people in the world, surely I'm not the only one who has thought this up, right?

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like smileXsmileXsmile's post
13-08-2015, 04:49 PM
RE: a deep thought i frequently have
"Life as we know it" - is just that -- as we know it.

We don't know what we don't know - or we'd know it.

Know what I mean?

No?

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
13-08-2015, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2015 07:45 PM by smileXsmileXsmile.)
Know what I mean, know what I mean man. Lol

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes smileXsmileXsmile's post
13-08-2015, 08:12 PM
(13-08-2015 04:38 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  ...
and exclude anything earth related,
Like life #2; not extraterrestrial life,

So we're excluding both terrestrial and extraterrestrial?

What's left?

Intra-terrestrial?

Consider

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
13-08-2015, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2015 08:27 PM by smileXsmileXsmile.)
(13-08-2015 08:12 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 04:38 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  ...
and exclude anything earth related,
Like life #2; not extraterrestrial life,

So we're excluding both terrestrial and extraterrestrial?

What's left?

Intra-terrestrial?

Consider

not even life; some other spectacular phenomena like life. i suppose it would be extraterrestrial by definition since it's not earth related.

life is an amazing phenomena. there could be other amazing phenomena we don't know about. something we can't even think up (because, from my example, with an objective point of view of the universe, it'd be impossible to think up the idea of life). I just thought in was an interesting thought.

13-08-2015, 08:33 PM
(13-08-2015 04:38 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  so if you were to observe the universe objectively, and exclude anything earth related, you would never imagine there to be something like life in the universe; you just would just see molecules, chemicals, rocks, dust, plamsa, etc. You certainly wouldn't guess that something like life could arise. Maybe there's something else extraordinary, like life, that goes on in the universe. Like life #2; not extraterrestrial life, but a whole separate extraordinary phenomena. There's 7 billion people in the world, surely I'm not the only one who has thought this up, right?

I have deep thoughts.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
14-08-2015, 07:37 AM
(13-08-2015 08:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 04:38 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  so if you were to observe the universe objectively, and exclude anything earth related, you would never imagine there to be something like life in the universe; you just would just see molecules, chemicals, rocks, dust, plamsa, etc. You certainly wouldn't guess that something like life could arise. Maybe there's something else extraordinary, like life, that goes on in the universe. Like life #2; not extraterrestrial life, but a whole separate extraordinary phenomena. There's 7 billion people in the world, surely I'm not the only one who has thought this up, right?

I have deep thoughts.

Reminds me of a radio bit I heard years ago - "Deep thoughts with Mike Tyson"...

"When it rains, do sheep shrink"???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
14-08-2015, 07:42 AM
(13-08-2015 08:20 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 08:12 PM)DLJ Wrote:  So we're excluding both terrestrial and extraterrestrial?

What's left?

Intra-terrestrial?

Consider

not even life; some other spectacular phenomena like life. i suppose it would be extraterrestrial by definition since it's not earth related.

life is an amazing phenomena. there could be other amazing phenomena we don't know about. something we can't even think up (because, from my example, with an objective point of view of the universe, it'd be impossible to think up the idea of life). I just thought in was an interesting thought.

I'd say observing the universe itself would cause awe. While not "life" as we define it, the universe is an ever changing, growing, and fascinating thing. Were I an outside observer and new nothing of biological life in this universe, watching and studying the life cycle of the various stars, nebulae, galaxies, etc would entertain me for quite some time.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
14-08-2015, 07:47 AM
[Image: March-19-2012-13-23-55-35dirq.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post