a good laugh for ya all

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2016, 09:58 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2016 10:07 PM by purpledaisies.)
a good laugh for ya all
Not sure where to put this so is a mod wants to move it please do.

My mil Who is very religious took us to a wonderful water park over the weekend. Now she is a wonderful lady and so is her husband and very generous.

While at dinner one night she was talking about south park and how they like to watch that show because it has a good message at the end. First I was surprised they watch that show. I told them that the creator of the show is an atheist so its from that point of view. Then it was their turn to be surprised. They couldn't believe it and was shocked. I thought it was Hilarious.

We didn't get in a debate or anything pretty much that was the extent of it. But it sure made me laugh.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2016, 10:03 PM
RE: irony at its best
What was the ironic part?

Huh

09-08-2016, 10:06 PM
RE: irony at its best
(09-08-2016 10:03 PM)DLJ Wrote:  What was the ironic part?

Huh

Maybe not irony I'm tired as we are just now coming back from a week long vacation in another state. Sorry I should change it huh?
09-08-2016, 10:27 PM
RE: a good laugh for ya all
(09-08-2016 10:06 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(09-08-2016 10:03 PM)DLJ Wrote:  What was the ironic part?

Huh

Maybe not irony I'm tired as we are just now coming back from a week long vacation in another state. Sorry I should change it huh?

Not at all. I'm just not sure what you meant.

Was it that it's a series that frequently pokes fun at herd-mentality (or it was when I watched it 10 years ago) and your mother-in-law is part of the herd so doesn't realise that she's the butt of the joke?

Was it that the show ends with a good message and Christians generally believe that only Jesus can give you a happy ending?

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
09-08-2016, 10:37 PM
(09-08-2016 10:27 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(09-08-2016 10:06 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Maybe not irony I'm tired as we are just now coming back from a week long vacation in another state. Sorry I should change it huh?

Was it that it's a series that frequently pokes fun at herd-mentality (or it was when I watched it 10 years ago) and your mother-in-law is part of the herd so doesn't realise that she's the butt of the joke?

Was it that the show ends with a good message and Christians generally believe that only Jesus can give you a happy ending?

Big Grin

I don't count on the gardener for a happy ending No
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
09-08-2016, 10:44 PM
(09-08-2016 10:06 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Maybe not irony I'm tired as we are just now coming back from a week long vacation in another state. Sorry I should change it huh?

Big Grin

Well talking about being out of the loop, I didn't grasp what MIL stood for until you said it in full there.

Yeah when South Park came out as I was in grade school, the whole phony mocking, you know I learned something today, didn't fool my father who was displeased with me watching the show. Though some people I'm sure took that with sincerity.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
09-08-2016, 11:03 PM

Big Grin
Actually that is what I meant. Like I said I'm tired been at the water park for 2 days then went to the beach for 3 days. A little more sun then needed and not enough water even though I drank it like there would be no more later. Lol
Thanks for clearing it up for me. Smile
16-08-2016, 12:09 PM
I've had many arguments with a coworker that insisted that Trey Parker and Matt Stone where Mormons. His grounds for this belief was he saw it on the cork board at his temple. This belief only became stronger for him when they came out with the play The Book or Mormon.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
16-08-2016, 01:47 PM
(16-08-2016 12:09 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I've had many arguments with a coworker that insisted that Trey Parker and Matt Stone where Mormons. His grounds for this belief was he saw it on the cork board at his temple. This belief only became stronger for him when they came out with the play The Book or Mormon.

I saw the Book of Mormon Broadway touring company when it came to Portland. It was a great show but I don't think Mormon's realized that the musical was a satirical view of the Mormon religion. They had advertisements in the program extolling the wonders of Mormonism. Did they not watch the musical? There's all kinds of cursing, the F bomb is dropped several times and there are references to homosexuality among Mormons plus it makes Mormons look like idiots. I was highly amused.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
17-08-2016, 01:39 PM
Oh the Mormon's know it is not flattering to them. I think they were just playing nice and offering a way to combat what was portrayed in the musical. A bit of a different tact then another bunch of crazies known as scientologists.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley